New jerseys unveiled tomorrow

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to getting my jerseys from the overseas knockoff artists, who give us WAY MORE VALUE for our money, saving $$$$ to us, from the NFL, NFLPA, agents, league officials, teams, players, etc.
They already **** the fan$$$$, I am proud to support the Asians, who prove that it's not the actual cost to manufacture that makes them $100-$200. It's all the layers of GREED we have to pay, with the NFL and now NIKE the worst!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Gonna just keep my current jerseys. Don't need a swoosh until there's a new number I want, right now 90 is my number. but I agree with you, when I do, I will buy from the same overseas guy I buy from. I am tired of being bled dry.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Now the mystery is will the Packers make a 3rd jersey of the new material later? I really think the reason why the Packers stayed with tradition is because they wanted to keep it simple for their seamstress, and that if the Packers were going to do a change up they might as well wait a few seasons since their centennial is around the corner and/or celebrate that their new stadium changes.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I heard they rejected the fabric, not the look
It seems like they rejected everything Nike had to offer and kept with what they had. Who wants to bet that the Seahawks fans are going to go after the new jersey versus old jersey.

Anyone kind of get the feeling the Packers kind of went if it an't broke don't fix it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard they rejected the fabric, not the look

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40335/new-unis-packers-reject-all-changes

The Packers allowed absolutely no changes to their classic look, not even the most simple alteration in color or shade. The only difference is the Nike logo, according to spokesman Aaron Popkey.

The Packers also decided against using the new technology Nike introduced as part of this transition, including a different fabric that is purported to be lighter, especially when wet. But that issue could be revisited after the 2012 season. "We are open-minded on that aspect," Popkey said.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Tradition baby, if there is one team that says tradition its the Packers. The uniform changed just before the 5 championships in 7 years. They are as Identified with the Pack as Lambeau, the Ice Bowl, The Frozen Tundra. I hope they never change.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Tradition baby, if there is one team that says tradition its the Packers. The uniform changed just before the 5 championships in 7 years. They are as Identified with the Pack as Lambeau, the Ice Bowl, The Frozen Tundra. I hope they never change.
You do remember they are doing work on Lambeau, right?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
True but the Bowl is still the Bowl with bench seats and will never change. What would you change about the uniform anyway?
Just the cleats, the rest has entirely too much history. The gloves are what is popular right now, but the cleats are where we get to show off and be flashy. They are supposed to be Nike, so they should have impressed me. They didn.

Even with the improved noise level, the open end let the wind whip through...

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was hoping for a white Woodson. Only home jerseys are up. lol. And am I right in assuming the "Elite" jersey is the one considered "authentic"? They're $250 so that certainly is an "authentic" price, but I thought the "Elite" was the mid-level.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Elite is Authentic level, the midgrade jerseys aren't out yet so Nike can keep up with their profits. I saw a message that the Chiefs are giving away the premier jerseys to each person owning season tickets this year, one per holder, would be awesome if the Packers could do that for shareholders, I don't think it feels right for season ticket holders only because so many people are on the waiting list and would miss out.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called the Pro Shop and they said there was some production issue and the white ones won't be available until later. Like, training camp, later. D'oh! Mooooooore waiting. Hahaha. Oh well.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just checked out the Packers ProShop and, at least in the pictures, the jersey's look like they have a different shade of green. It looks almost like a washed-out Forest Green.

albertjenney

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was hoping for a white Woodson. Only home jerseys are up. lol. And am I right in assuming the "Elite" jersey is the one considered "authentic"? They're $250 so that certainly is an "authentic" price, but I thought the "Elite" was the mid-level.

the "authentic " one is always very expensive to get one .