Nelson signs with Da Raiders

If Jordy signs with the Raiders, should GB go after Crabtree?

• Yes

• No

• Draft another WR

• Focus on defense

Results are only viewable after voting.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy was a top 5 favorite packer of all time for me personally. I’m pretty sad. I’ll miss Jordy a lot.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he goes to Kansas City to be near home or something like that. For the love of god don't go to Minnesota or New England. I don't think I've ever felt this crappy about a Packer leaving.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Kansas is one of my favorite teams outside of Green Bay. Thanks for all your efforts Jordy, we`ll miss you man.

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he goes to Kansas City to be near home or something like that. For the love of god don't go to Minnesota or New England. I don't think I've ever felt this crappy about a Packer leaving.

He should go wherever he wants after being released.

Reaction score
Were swallowing 2.3M. I really felt like a restructure for around und 7.5M made sense. We’re only saving 5M in 2018 cutting him vs. a deal like that.
You can’t tell me he’s not worth 5M

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

For the first time ever, and I know it will pass soon.......I hate this organisation.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would they sign anyone for just 8 games?

Because they figure Rodgers will be hurt for 8 games and Nelson sucks without him. I just hope we get them for the same games and not that we get Nelson for the 8 games Rodgers is out.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was open to a restructure that was reported and the way gute made it sound in his press conference he won’t be back.. graham is gonna be a receiver for us

So we dropped one possession/red zone receiver and picked up another?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How dare we pay the one player who actually makes us competitive?

Making room for other players makes no sense. Look around the league. A ton of cap space on many teams. There isn't enough talent on our own team to justify being so close to the cap. They'd gladly take him off our hands.
Gute doesn't need to get AR's rubber stamp on any of his decisions, and I don't know why people worry about it. AR is a professional who gets it and knows hos role.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Business decision but still feels like a punch to the gut. One of my favorite players of all time. Sad day:(

Well said.

Nelson still looked like a damned good receiver as recently as 2016, Cobb hasn't looked like more than just a contributor since what 2014? I thought they both looked even while Rodgers was playing last year.

I think they cut the wrong guy.

Depends on what they do with Cobb. If they cut him it will be to make more cap room so there will be no difference. They are both gone. If they keep him at his current pay for 1 year then maybe they did keep the wrong guy. If they can convince him to restructure to give some cap room but retain his services for another 3 years I'd be all for that. To me this is some evidence that they may still be holding out hope that they can keep Cobb for less money

We better resign him

Gutes words didn't sound like the words you would say about a guy you were hoping to bring back.

"We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years," Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said. "He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best."

I just heard a statement thanking Jordy and family. I don't think he is coming back

Beat me to it longtime.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Find the video of MM at the combine. He talked about Jordy and how he watched and compared previous seasons with recent season and it was very revealing. He was saying, basically, Jordy had lost a step. Remains to be seen if the missing step is made up by chemistry and famiarity with Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Find the video of MM at the combine. He talked about Jordy and how he watched and compared previous seasons with recent season and it was very revealing. He was saying, basically, Jordy had lost a step. Remains to be seen if the missing step is made up by chemistry and famiarity with Rodgers.
which is what I posted earlier. video from cheese head TV shows it plain as day

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said.

Depends on what they do with Cobb. If they cut him it will be to make more cap room so there will be no difference. They are both gone. If they keep him at his current pay for 1 year then maybe they did keep the wrong guy. If they can convince him to restructure to give some cap room but retain his services for another 3 years I'd be all for that. To me this is some evidence that they may still be holding out hope that they can keep Cobb for less money

Gutes words didn't sound like the words you would say about a guy you were hoping to bring back.

"We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years," Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said. "He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best."

Beat me to it longtime.

Its possible that they intend to let him test free agency and then try to bring him back in May.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Cry me a river. This stuff happens and at the end of the day it's a business. The Seahawks let Sherman go and now he is with the hated rival Niners.

Jordy is gonna be 33 and for a receiver that is ancient. I loved him as a Packer but he has clearly lost some of his tools and it was time to move on to bring in players that can help us more. Jordy is basically Eric Decker at this point.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone gets banged up in the course of a season, but if nagging injuries are a perpetual problem for him then what are the odds he stays healthy in 18-19?
Rodgers hurt 2 collar bones. what's to say it doesn't happen again in 18 19?

some one said his numbers are or were down. my point is being hurt does play a factor in production

not nagging. I think one was broken rib that punctured a lung when he fell on a mic attached to pads? hardly injury prone.

then a shoulder issue.. those are bad for wr.

not saying keeping Cobb is or was better than keeping Jordy.

just trying to explain a reason why numbers may have suffered

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts