Nelson had knee surgery

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RT @AdamSchefter: Doctors tried correcting nerve issue in Nelson’s knee that has bothered him since college. Knee flared up at start of camp

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a post-practice interview recently, MM said that Jordy was dealing with knee issues from past seasons. If he's only out 3-4 weeks that's not too bad, but he's a speed guy so this will impact him well into the season IMO. Maybe we can finally have Finley make the switch to WR :D

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least this way he can't tear his ACL in a scrimmage.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it has been bothering him since college why not get the procedure done in like, I dunno, FEBRUARY?!?!?!?!?!?!

You have to remember that ANY surgery, no matter how minor, can come with complications. My guess is that Jordy has been fighting through the pain, but it must be at a point where it's really impacting his ability. So, may as well get it done now to be at his best for the full season rather than be slowed down during the season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most players exit Week 17 or the playoffs with a list of aches and pains. Unless there is something known to be serious, most let their bodies heal through the offseason. I've played with nagging injuries for decades and won't be getting surgery unless absolutely necessary. Most pros look at it the same way....but not those of us who live-and-die on Packers success and fantasy football

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems from what I have read like it's something they thought they had fixed and it flared up again at the beginning of training camp.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You have to remember that ANY surgery, no matter how minor, can come with complications. My guess is that Jordy has been fighting through the pain, but it must be at a point where it's really impacting his ability. So, may as well get it done now to be at his best for the full season rather than be slowed down during the season.

Why wait until it's so bad you can't bear to play and then have the surgery? Toughing it out is a primitive mindset that people need to get out of. Sure surgery can come with complications but you can incur complications and other injuries by procrastinating and continuing to play injured.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro athletes have surgery all the time. I am surprised they didn't just take care of it earlier in his career. I am interested to know exactly what it is. Sounds like a very weird issue that you don't commonly see within the knee.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cue raging post from FrankRizzo ;)
I'm almost starting to just get numb from our injuries like it's just a daily thing for us.
But you're right, I still am getting pissed off..... I want half the amount of injuries that the Niners get, and Giants get, and Seahawks, and Falcons.
I did hear a starting OL for the Falcons also tore his ACL today..... what's wrong with that ligament? It needs to be redesigned.... using stretchable bands of some kind, let the knee bend like Gumby dammit. And stretch back.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm almost starting to just get numb from our injuries like it's just a daily thing for us.
But you're right, I still am getting pissed off..... I want half the amount of injuries that the Niners get, and Giants get, and Seahawks, and Falcons.
I did hear a starting OL for the Falcons also tore his ACL today..... what's wrong with that ligament? It needs to be redesigned.... using stretchable bands of some kind, let the knee bend like Gumby dammit. And stretch back.
Give us your address Frank, and see what I can sort out for you :laugh:.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
As long as Nelson is 100% by October then I don't mind. Later in the season is more important.

Members online

Latest posts