need help-how do i get tickets from europe?

Reaction score
hi guys!!!

i´m not a native speaker, sorry for my grammar...

i´ve been a football fan since i think only 4 years. it is really hard to watch games on tv here (in austria/europe), but i got 'espn america' last year --> yeah: 3 sunday games (incl. sunday night), monday night and thursday night... haha i´m always watching till 6 o´clock in the morning (time shift).
so this is my first season i´m also attending LIVE every week!
okay, this year it looks really fine to have the packers in the playoffs and a friend of mine and i need tickets for the wildcardgame!!!
what i wanna know, is it still possible to get tickets? if yes, how? can you help me? PLEASE!!! this would be such a big experience for us...

thanks, thomas.

(ps.: don´t confuse austria with australia!! :) )

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Playoff tickets will go on sale until after GB clinches a playoff berth and the season is over. The season ticket holders have first dibs on em. Playoff tickets are going to be hard to get I think and expensive. Check the Packer.com tickets section if GB cliches a playoff berth to see what info they have on obtaining tickets. You can also check some ticket selling sites and ebay (although that is very risky).

I would check the nfl ticket exchanged on ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/nfl/

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Keep checking the http://www.packers.com website for an announcement of when the tickets will go on sale once Green Bay has clinched a playoff spot. Yeah, there isn't a lot of time between when they go on sale to the public and the game. They will sell out FAST!

Here is a link on how to buy NFL playoff tickets online.

How to Get NFL Playoff Tickets Online | eHow.com

btw. my Grandfather's family was from Austria. How did you get interested in American football and the Packers?

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
how did i get interested in football... hmmm...

first, our public TV station has broadcastet the last 12 superbowls and in the last 2 years the playoffs plus 2 or 3 regular-season games...for free!

second, american football is all around you, it sounds stupid, but in amercian movies or sitcoms, whatever, there is this sport named 'american football'

third, through the former NFL europe and the austrian football league plus the broadcasting of american football + austrian football, somehow you had to watch a football game, because it was all around you :)
(btw: next year in austria, there is this american football world championship
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Cup"]IFAF World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
yeah, somehow the sport becomes very popular, in the last 7 seven years austrian teams won the 'european champions league')

i´ve been a big fan now, for 3 or 4 years, cause once you REALLY know the rules every other popular sport in europe -like soccer- is just boring

okay, that´s my way to football

my way to green bay is hard to explain... i think at the beginning, i hardly knew any teams, maybe the bears, patriots, colts, cowboys, broncos(from simpsons :) ) and through the few live games i saw, the packers often were broadcastet in the regular season and i kind of liked them. i dunno why, not cause they were a winner team, i also saw them loose at the beginning, i liked the team :) ... hmmm... you see it´s hard for me to explain, but every time a friend asks me 'why the packers', i always say, maybe cause of the unusual size of a football-city, maybe cause of the fact, that The Packers are the only publicly owned team, there are a lot of interesting things around the green bay packers which make them huge!

puh, hope you unterstand me...

and thanks for your help!!!!!!

Edit: dont unterstand me wrong, when i write: "not cause they were a winner team" :) ! for example, a friend of mine was a long time fan of the patriots, 2 years ago giants and this year, why not, the cardinals is 'his team'...

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how did i get interested in football... hmmm...

first, our public TV station has broadcastet the last 12 superbowls and in the last 2 years the playoffs plus 2 or 3 regular-season games...for free!

second, american football is all around you, it sounds stupid, but in amercian movies or sitcoms, whatever, there is this sport named 'american football'

third, through the former NFL europe and the austrian football league plus the broadcasting of american football + austrian football, somehow you had to watch a football game, because it was all around you :)
(btw: next year in austria, there is this american football world championship
IFAF World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediassurl]
yeah, somehow the sport becomes very popular, in the last 7 seven years austrian teams won the 'european champions league')

i´ve been a big fan now, for 3 or 4 years, cause once you REALLY know the rules every other popular sport in europe -like soccer- is just boring

okay, that´s my way to football

my way to green bay is hard to explain... i think at the beginning, i hardly knew any teams, maybe the bears, patriots, colts, cowboys, broncos(from simpsons :) ) and through the few live games i saw, the packers often were broadcastet in the regular season and i kind of liked them. i dunno why, not cause they were a winner team, i also saw them loose at the beginning, i liked the team :) ... hmmm... you see it´s hard for me to explain, but every time a friend asks me 'why the packers', i always say, maybe cause of the unusual size of a football-city, maybe cause of the fact, that The Packers are the only publicly owned team, there are a lot of interesting things around the green bay packers which make them huge!

puh, hope you unterstand me...

and thanks for your help!!!!!!

Edit: dont unterstand me wrong, when i write: "not cause they were a winner team" :) ! for example, a friend of mine was a long time fan of the patriots, 2 years ago giants and this year, why not, the cardinals is 'his team'...

wow thats a very interesting way to get involved in the Packers, Im happy you told this story, I enjoyed reading it :D

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Q

Welcome to the Packer Family!

Packers also have the greatest coach in NFL history in Lombardi and the most Championships!!! Whoo Also the SB trophy is named after our famous coach. Yeah, the Packers have a lot of history that make it an interesting team.

I'm surprised American football is gaining in popularity in Europe. I always thought Europeans would ignore it because it was American and not a native sport.

Thanks for sharing, It was interesting to read about the status of Am Football in Europe. I had no idea it had grown so much.

I did see the IFAF Championship between the U.S. and Japan. I was amazed at how good the Japanese team was. They nearly beat us, and had a really good QB!!

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
thanks!

i think the biggest problems for the most people are the rules, if you don´t know anything about american football and grown up with soccer, american football looks kind of strange!
but it´s always interesting to see people who are watching an american football game for the first time (+ know the the basics about it), everyone i know became a fan. also, everytime i tell people about this awesome sport (some of them are not even interested in soccer), everyone is at least interested and want to watch a game!

the big problems are the tv channels, which hardly ever broadcast football games and the time shift!!! if we are watching 3 sunday games, the first starts at 7.00pm, which is totally ok, but the last one ends at 6.00am...
---------

today i´ve been to a tourist office and booked a flight for two to new york!!!!!! that´s gonna be an amazing week! and maybe there is a wildcardgame in new york or philly for us :)

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reply to your question concerning playoff ticketsi.

hi guys!!!

i´m not a native speaker, sorry for my grammar...

i´ve been a football fan since i think only 4 years. it is really hard to watch games on tv here (in austria/europe), but i got 'espn america' last year --> yeah: 3 sunday games (incl. sunday night), monday night and thursday night... haha i´m always watching till 6 o´clock in the morning (time shift).
so this is my first season i´m also attending LIVE every week!
okay, this year it looks really fine to have the packers in the playoffs and a friend of mine and i need tickets for the wildcardgame!!!
what i wanna know, is it still possible to get tickets? if yes, how? can you help me? PLEASE!!! this would be such a big experience for us...

thanks, thomas.

(ps.: don´t confuse austria with australia!! :) )

Hi Thomas-
There is article in today's Saturday, December 12th Green Bay Press-Gazette informing the public may be able to buy playoff tickets if the Packers host a play off game, because there will be between 25,000 to 30,000 seats available if the Packers qualify for a playoff home game.

If the Packers qualify for wildcard playoff spot , they willl only able to host a NFC Championship game on January 24 and only if the oppponent is the lower seeded wildcard team.

The Packers could host an earlier playoff game only if they win the NFC-North division. The Minnesota Vikings lead the Packers by two games and the Vikings hold the tie breaker, because the Vikings have defeated the Packers twice this season.

If the Packers do host a playoff game- the team will announce how the tickets can be purchase

I will post any information available on this topic, if The Packers host a playoff game at Lambeau Field..

PWT (Phil) located in DePere, Wi, which is located 5 miles south of Lambeau Field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts