My draft dream.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a weird dream that TT drafted Kyle Van Noy olb from BYU I've done some research and watched some of his hilights and I can honestly say I like the guy. I don't wanna put him in the Pro bowl already but you can see certain traits that make you fall in love with the guy . Relentless, quick off the snap, high motor, and makes tackles . Who's that remind you of? We all have him taking a TE,S, IlB or DL, but he's stunned us before. I can still honestly say that the Clay Matthews pick caught me off guard but Clay is a stud so that's alright. Is Van Noy the highest rated player on the TT draft board? Hmmm??

D

Deleted member 6794

I had a weird dream that TT drafted Kyle Van Noy olb from BYU I've done some research and watched some of his hilights and I can honestly say I like the guy. I don't wanna put him in the Pro bowl already but you can see certain traits that make you fall in love with the guy . Relentless, quick off the snap, high motor, and makes tackles . Who's that remind you of? We all have him taking a TE,S, IlB or DL, but he's stunned us before. I can still honestly say that the Clay Matthews pick caught me off guard but Clay is a stud so that's alright. Is Van Noy the highest rated player on the TT draft board? Hmmm??

While I do like him he lacks elite flexibilty to bend and needs to add more moves to his pass rushing arsenal. He won't get drafted in this first and I don't think the Packers need another OLB best suited to play on the right side.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodell: You are dreaming about draft prospects? I suggest that you take a holiday from football ASAP... :)

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell: You are dreaming about draft prospects? I suggest that you take a holiday from football ASAP... :)

I know right! It happens every year! I'll be in ***** Cana in a couple weeks so we'll see if that takes my mind off football. Lol

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do like him he lacks elite flexibilty to bend and needs to add more moves to his pass rushing arsenal. He won't get drafted in this first and I don't think the Packers need another OLB best suited to play on the right side.

I agree , just thought it was weird that this guy was our first round pick. You never know tho, he's only Gotta convince one person.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Van Noy, mostly because people say he plays fast and has a good motor. Of course, there are plenty of backups and worse who have that description. I wouldn't mind him in the mix, though we seem to have some decent depth at OLB now. I've been hoping that somehow we'll get a crack at Shazier in the 2nd...

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Van Noy, mostly because people say he plays fast and has a good motor. Of course, there are plenty of backups and worse who have that description. I wouldn't mind him in the mix, though we seem to have some decent depth at OLB now. I've been hoping that somehow we'll get a crack at Shazier in the 2nd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like to see the pack pick him up in the draft. That kid is hella fast for a linebacker.... And speed u can't teach everything else can be learn.... I think i saw ur post on him before so i looked him up and was pretty impress with his "unofficial" numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I though your draft dream was to trade with Houston for clowney?

Yes, and by dream I meant literally fell asleep and had a dream we drafted van Noy and then I woke up. But yes, my " dream " pick would be to get clowney but that's not going to happen.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way he last past 25 guarantee that. shazier is my second pick behind clowney. Shazier is more of a logical choice but sadly TT prolly won't take him. You put him at olb on the other side of Matthews or even in the middle you have a cornerstone piece of your defense or at least one piece. I being an ohio state fan have studied shazier inside and out and he's a freak of nature forreal forreal . A guy that size running as fast as he does with a 42 vertical is unheard of. The explosiveness he has just jumps out on tape. He's super strong to.. Check out the big ten championship game against michigan st. Where he literally drives and puts a 300 pound linemen on his butt and still blocked the punt.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes, and by dream I meant literally fell asleep and had a dream we drafted van Noy and then I woke up. But yes, my " dream " pick would be to get clowney but that's not going to happen.

khalil mack over Clowney if I could pick one defensive guy in draft "all day long"

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clowney would be insane to have opposite clay right next to peppers but yeah not gonna happen. It'd be a much better version of Aldon smith/justin smith.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
khalil mack over Clowney if I could pick one defensive guy in draft "all day long"

Yea Mack is the real deal. I feel like he's probably going to be on the same level as The top defenders in the league but there's something about Clowney that just screams JJ watt 2.0. Many question his work ethic but NFL coaching is different than college coaching. I don't think he'll have a problem working hard.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way he last past 25 guarantee that. shazier is my second pick behind clowney. Shazier is more of a logical choice but sadly TT prolly won't take him. You put him at olb on the other side of Matthews or even in the middle you have a cornerstone piece of your defense or at least one piece. I being an ohio state fan have studied shazier inside and out and he's a freak of nature forreal forreal . A guy that size running as fast as he does with a 42 vertical is unheard of. The explosiveness he has just jumps out on tape. He's super strong to.. Check out the big ten championship game against michigan st. Where he literally drives and puts a 300 pound linemen on his butt and still blocked the punt.

If the Packers take Shazier at #21, what do they do with Nick Perry?

Shazier might be a good pick. I'm beginning to sour on Pryor and Clinton-Dix and I don't think Louis Nix is the guy either. CJ Mosley would be the BPA for us IMO, but Shazier is certainly moving up the charts.

The only other BPA would be Ebron, who is a freak athlete as well.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Shazier might be a good pick. I'm beginning to sour on Pryor and Clinton-Dix and I don't think Louis Nix is the guy either. CJ Mosley would be the BPA for us IMO, but Shazier is certainly moving up the charts.

The only other BPA would be Ebron, who is a freak athlete as well.

Hey you win some you lose some right? TT lost with Nick Perry but it's not the first time he lost when picking a defender high in the draft but I think now it's time to move on from the Nick Perry experiment. He can be a situational player but as a full time starter ? He couldn't even beat out mike Neal who never played olb. He can't stay healthy, and he can't cover anyone so that makes him a liability in the passing game. I'm not bashing the guy because he makes a few plays but that ship has sailed. The packers need to get athletic and faster at LB sooner than later. Fed up with the same ol excuse year after yr, with the injuries and lack of talent for Capers to be able to work with.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll rather get a guy capable of playing on the strong side than Shazier. Like Trent Murphy out of Stanford in the second or third round.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll rather get a guy capable of playing on the strong side than Shazier. Like Trent Murphy out of Stanford in the second or third round.

Who says Shazier couldn't play on the strong side? I like Murphy to yes, but shazier can play all three downs and his versatility allows him to play in multiple fronts.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that Shazier has is speed, a heap-ton of speed. The guy is flat-out fast and can play side-to-side like no other LB in the draft. His measurables are off the charts for LBs.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that Shazier has is speed, a heap-ton of speed. The guy is flat-out fast and can play side-to-side like no other LB in the draft. His measurables are off the charts for LBs.

Yep . I've watched football all my life and never have I ever seen a linebacker who can run a sub 4.4 with a 42 inch vertical. This guy jumps higher than Lebron James and Lebron gets up. With Those attributes you have a guy who can run and jump with any tightend in the NFL...running backs to. We don't have corners on the roster besides Shields who can run like Shazier...Wrs either.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who says Shazier couldn't play on the strong side? I like Murphy to yes, but shazier can play all three downs and his versatility allows him to play in multiple fronts.

Guys with his measurements (he played around 230 pounds in college) don't play on the strong side in the NFL.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys with his measurements (he played around 230 pounds in college) don't play on the strong side in the NFL.

I hate when ppl use the weight argument ! Drives me nuts! He's up to 237 now and it's not impossible for him to add more weight goodness. You get a NT with a big butt (Raji?) in front of him to occupy blockers he will make tackles all over the field guarantee it.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shazier would be awesome inside if he can get big guys to take up blockers in front of him, but he's too small to set an edge the way Perry or CM3 (or any other good 3-4 olb I can think of). If the packers take him it'll be to shoot gaps, run from sideline to sideline and cover TEs. He'll be PERFECT for that. But I highly doubt he can play 3-4 OLB.

Members online

Latest posts