MVS on Covid Reserve List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like an undefined chest beating exercise. Is a vague enough statement designed to keep a circular argument going indefinitely... just another tool in the toolbox of rhetorical panderers.
LOL I’m sure the mainstream will regretfully agree with me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Walking backwards, slowly down a slippery ramp.
You see now, I thought it was walking forward carrying its own guts on its back. The black dot there would then be its navel -- and there is such a thing as a navel orange.

If it's walking backwards, that dot would have to be its ********....and I've never heard of a ******** orange.

I'd rather talk about oranges than Covid in case you can't tell.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or Trump trying to walk down a ramp... in the interest of the equal time doctrine, dontchaknow.
Not sure I remember anything out of the ordinary. Just a guy trying not to slip rather than tripping over each step like Biden did. LOL ANYWAY sorry to laugh at Biden but….hopefully you guys are confident in this vaccine so we can finish this season.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You see now, I thought it was walking forward carrying its own guts on its back. The black dot there would then be its navel -- and there is such a thing as a navel orange.

If it's walking backwards, that dot would have to be its ********....and I've never heard of a ******** orange.

I'd rather talk about oranges than Covid in case you can't tell.
Imagine 45 of them walking around!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of these idiots will argue with you until they are in the grave.

I'm actually glad that the NFL, NBA and other major sports are getting pummeled by covid, maybe it will actually wake a few of these people up. I guess having it whip through WWF and FOX News might help too.
Majority of players are vaccinated. What is your issue?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vaccine is doing what it was supposed to do. Slow the spread and lessen serious illness. I’m vaxed snd boosted heading to Hawaii for 6 weeks to continue social distancing. The NFL failed to take this seriously or there would be far fewer cases. Look at the mob scenes post any game. Lambeau leaping with the Super Spreaders. Out in society the hospitals are/will be overwhelmed with the stupid. I don’t feel sorry for them a bit. I do feel sorry for others who need hospital care through no negligence on their part who will die because selfish ignorant people crash the system. Football will be the least of their problems

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Fox news requires all their people to be vaccinated and boosted to be in the offices. Covid sweeping through their on air talent would stiffen the resistance as it would prove the vaccine is not effective.
Unfortunately, I've lost people in my life who #1...didn't have access to our vaccines and, #2...I've lost people in my life who shared your opinions on the topic....and, were young...and healthy... so...
and I've lost a couple of middle aged friends that had few if any medical issues but died of heart problems a month or two after being vaccinated. Heart disease does not run in one family for sure as I am friends also of his parents and older siblings. I know, tough to connect the dots directly.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know, tough to connect the dots directly.
Yup so difficult, that despite some talking heads trying really hard to convince people that the vaccine can kill you, there isn't really any evidence to support that.

Fox news requires all their people to be vaccinated and boosted to be in the offices. Covid sweeping through their on air talent would stiffen the resistance as it would prove the vaccine is not effective.
Of course they have, because behind closed doors, they see the value of the vaccine, despite what they report.

Let's face it, for some the vaccines and covid continue to be a political line in the sand. I am just happy to be standing in the Oasis, as I watch those with their head in the sand continue to try to convince pretty much only themselves that Covid is a hoax.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vaccine is doing what it was supposed to do. Slow the spread and lessen serious illness. I’m vaxed snd boosted heading to Hawaii for 6 weeks to continue social distancing. The NFL failed to take this seriously or there would be far fewer cases. Look at the mob scenes post any game. Lambeau leaping with the Super Spreaders. Out in society the hospitals are/will be overwhelmed with the stupid. I don’t feel sorry for them a bit. I do feel sorry for others who need hospital care through no negligence on their part who will die because selfish ignorant people crash the system. Football will be the least of their problems
So its the nfl and the public’s fault for the outbreak within the nfl? But but but they don’t get da sick or but but but they don’t go to da ER? Is that how it goes? Btw i am past arguing about the public. As you I don’t care if they get the jab or not. Since you guys are so concerned about the well being of these players health why not petition to cancel the remainder of the season?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moderators, can we just put any Covid discussions in a NON-FOOTBALL area. Sick of coming to discuss how the team will replace or discuss football wise the impact of a player being out only to find more COVID crap.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The need to try and manufacture a narrative where illness from covid has been a major problem for the NFL is hilarious.

"If they would have only followed the protocols that haven't worked for the last two years, they could have avoided a bunch of basically fine, young people testing positive for a virus that isn't going to kill or permanently harm them!"

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Moderators, can we just put any Covid discussions in a NON-FOOTBALL area. Sick of coming to discuss how the team will replace or discuss football wise the impact of a player being out only to find more COVID crap.

Why don't you just avoid the threads with covid in the title?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Majority of players are vaccinated. What is your issue?

"Pummeled" in his lexicon apparently means getting some positive test results.

He's a true believer. Some of these guys seem to think that we could actually eradicate covid or avoid it forever. Fauci and Walensky don't even claim that. But they've become committed to the cause.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Covid isn't going anywhere. It'll be much like the flu going forward. Something that's around all year but really peaks (at least in the Northern US) during the winter months and something for which we'll need to get an annual shot. Hopefully the wave we're about to get hit with will be the last major one.

I'm all for the NFL promoting the vaccines, but there is no way we're keeping it substantially out of the locker rooms unless all the players and coaches are forced to quarantine on their off days, which is not a viable long-term policy. But even with the Browns, the reporting suggests that most of the positive cases were asymptomatic, which means the vaccines are working. They're doing their job. That's good news.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you just avoid the threads with covid in the title?

Because this is a football section of the forum site, dedicated to Green Bay Packers Football. Heaven forbid I look to notifications to alert me of further football discussions....these same Covid discussions can occur on their own separate threads in a different section.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Because this is a football section of the forum site, dedicated to Green Bay Packers Football. Heaven forbid I look to notifications to alert me of further football discussions....these same Covid discussions can occur on their own separate threads in a different section.

Well I'm not criticizing you. You just seem to be really bothered by the covid talk and it seems like a simple solution.

Reaction score
Hopefully MVS bounces right back
I think getting Kenny back is a much bigger +

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully MVS bounces right back
I think getting Kenny back is a much bigger +

For sure.

MVS's role is not filled by anyone fully - unless we say "Stokes run a fly route" LOL

However, we were without MVS already for a bit, albeit I think this may be first game without both him and Cobb no? Look for Lazard and EQ to fill a touch of the void, and expect more TE targets to continue as we've seen lately.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Pummeled" in his lexicon apparently means getting some positive test results.

He's a true believer. Some of these guys seem to think that we could actually eradicate covid or avoid it forever. Fauci and Walensky don't even claim that. But they've become committed to the cause.
reminds me of a movie where a bunch of dumb teens.....

Some are sheep while others are just set in their ways to believe what they want to believe in even if results contradict their beliefs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
reminds me of a movie where a bunch of dumb teens.....

Some are sheep while others are just set in their ways to believe what they want to believe in even if results contradict their beliefs.

It's also hilarious to me when people like Pokerbrat say things like "this has become a political line in the sand for a lot of people." As though he's just purely data driven and this isn't political for him and his ilk.

If one could die from irony, he'd be dead.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and I've lost a couple of middle aged friends that had few if any medical issues but died of heart problems a month or two after being vaccinated. Heart disease does not run in one family for sure as I am friends also of his parents and older siblings. I know, tough to connect the dots directly.
there is another case in new zealand with pzier. Remind you of J&J? How many more cases until they recommend another brand like they are doing against j&j? Just saying.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also hilarious to me when people like Pokerbrat say things like "this has become a political line in the sand for a lot of people." As though he's just purely data driven and this isn't political for him and his ilk.

If one could die from irony, he'd be dead.
LOL the guy is a walking contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts