Mr. Class, Paul Allen

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Listen - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

Though I must thank him for giving me some great memorable calls:icon_exclaim: HAHAHA (Like the game years ago versus the Cardinals)

:viksux:

Paul Allen is a total homer. I know, in some degree all home announcing teams are... Remember when Wayne started calling Pack games back in the late '90s, lots of fans complained that he didn't lean GB's way enough... Personally, I thought he was great then and still great now. Wayne is the consummate pro...

Anyway, back to Allen. The guy is a complete ****** to listen to if you hate the Vikes and they are playing well. All plays that don't go their way should have been a penalty. Every TD they make was the greatest play ever. It just makes you want to vomit bile... But, that coin has two sides and in the moments of EPIC failure, the show is just as good as that youtube clip I posted of that Vike fan going ape **** after the favre pick... He just doesn't even try to contain himself and just goes full blown loco... Those moments are priceless to a Pack fan in Vike land - and when they occur, the quality is so high it almost makes suffering through the douchebaggery the other 99% of the time worth the pain.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good point about Wayne. I suppose he got his style from announcing many games in which he was neutral. Like I know I've heard him call NCAA Basketball Tournament games, and other miscellaneous football games in which he held no loyalties.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Good point about Wayne. I suppose he got his style from announcing many games in which he was neutral. Like I know I've heard him call NCAA Basketball Tournament games, and other miscellaneous football games in which he held no loyalties.

Bingo. He did come from the BOBs, but you are right, he did and still does national broadcasts. When you are on the national feed you can't be slobbering all over a team or player, which is what is so sickening every time favre plays. Refs help him get his gear back together after he gets hit, commentators say they love him because he's "not afraid to throw interceptions" right after an interception killed his team's season an inch from the Super Bowl... I have yet to hear a national commentator praise Adrian Peterson for not being afraid to fumble.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"THIS ISN'T DETROIT THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!"

Thats awesome. Randy Moller for the Florida Panthers has some hilarious goal calls with movie quotes its pretty amazing.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
"THIS ISN'T DETROIT THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!"

Thats awesome. Randy Moller for the Florida Panthers has some hilarious goal calls with movie quotes its pretty amazing.

This guy is my personal favorite of all time... And boom goes the dynamite... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no]YouTube - Boom Goes the Dynamite[/ame]

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I love homer announcers, by the way.

Nobody but Viking fans are listening to them, I have no problem with them openly rooting for their team. Makes it all the more hilarious when they lose.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of Homer Announcers.. haha..

Here's ''Homer'' interviewing Paul Allen on his radio show. For those who don't know 'Homer'. He's a radio host on ESPN Milwaukee 540 (Also on 100.5 in Madison area)..

ESPN Milwaukee - Play Now

Members online

Latest posts