most under rated and over rated Packer player?

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over - Finley. He has made himself overrated by telling everybody how great he is. The dropping his phone in the middle of constant twitterbombs.

Under - a tie between the entire o-line and Randall Cobb. Cobb is going to be our Percy Harvin. He's very quick, doesn't drop the ball, and is tough for a "little guy".

Reaction score
Well, first off, I'm not sure what makes that website an authority on the matter.
ESPN and their show "Numbers Never Lie" have people from that website on the show and use stats from the website on ESPN, CBS Sports, and even CheeseheadTV.com for Packers fans. If any website had an authority on the matter, it would be them.
He wasn't on their "Top 10 snubs" list or anywhere that I could find. He wasn't mentioned in their Dec. 23 article titled "PFF's NFC Pro Bowl Squad" either, not even as an honorable mention.
Of course not. When you swap playing between free safety and strong safety throughout the season, you won't get noticed for anything. He isn't a spectacular free safety because he takes risks. As a SS, he can play close to the line of scrimmage where he makes most of his plays. Of course he isn't a Nick Collins.

Let's compare Earl Thomas who was voted into the Pro Bowl to Morgan Burnett to see who had the better stats:

Solo Tackles:
Morgan Burnett: 78
Earl Thomas: 69

Total Tackles:
Morgan Burnett: 106
Earl Thomas: 98

Interceptions:
Morgan Burnett: 3 (Not counting playoff interception)
Earl Thomas: 2

Forced Fumbles:
Morgan Burnett: 2
Earl Thomas: 1

Pass Defended:
Morgan Burnett: 11
Earl Thomas: 6

Numbers don't lie.
He is definitely NOT a pro bowl safety today. He has a ways to go.
Sorry. Burnett just isn't anywhere near a Pro Bowl safety at this point in his career. Anyone who has seen every game this year has seen him whiff plenty of tackles and blow enough coverages to know this.
He has had his fair share of blown coverages, but he HAS been playing at a pro bowl level. To say that he "isn't anywhere near a pro bowl safety" is absurd. Especially when he beats the pro bowl safety Earl Thomas in EVERY statistic. Of course he is going to whiff on tackles in the open field. He had a club over 3/4 of the year.

Again, it's amazing how a player that is not near a pro bowl level (playing a different position than his whole career) has better numbers than the starting safety.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Earl Thomas doesn't get as many tackles and such because he played on a defense that didn't give up anywhere NEAR as many big plays. He simply had less opportunity. But anyone who says Burnett is better than Earl Thomas right now is only looking at stats and simply isn't paying attention to what's actually going on on the field. I'd trade him for Thomas is a heartbeat. I bet I'm not the only one on here who would either.

BTW, Ed Reed only had 53 total tackles. Polamalu only had 91 total tackles and 2 INTs. Leroy Butler never had more than 90 in a season. See where I'm going here? Is Burnett better than them too?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts