most overpaid player on the packers?

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for the updates. I think taking Kendricks in the first round would have been equivalent to overpaying. Back to the BPA philosophy, which of course isn't always followed, Randall was a much better value and also at a position of need, given the loss of Williams and House. But to your point, if TT had dome something about Collins two years ago, they wouldn't have needed to pick up two corners.

Unfortunately, by the time the Packers picked in Round 2, Kendricks and the other decent ILBs were gone. And it confirmed that the available ILB talent was second, not first round talent. It will be interesting to see how Kendricks will perform this year. I agree he was the best available ILB in the draft, but taking him in round 1 would have been a mistake.

Nick Collins was a safety, so either having him or replacing adequately earlier wouldn't have made a difference on the situation at cornerback entering this year's draft.

I don't think Kendricks would have been a reach late in the first round.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins was a safety, so either having him or replacing adequately earlier wouldn't have made a difference on the situation at cornerback entering this year's draft.

I don't think Kendricks would have been a reach late in the first round.
I really thought they were going to take Kendricks. After saying "Damarius who?" I checked and he had moved up on a few draft boards. I do think now they made the right pick. But at some point, and maybe it's next year, they have to fix ILB. Like a number of positions, ILB has been taken over by extremely athletic guys who look a little bit more like SSs. With all respect to Nitschke and Butkus, the game has changed dramatically, and other than CMIII, no one on the current roster fits the bill. And I'd rather see CMIII playing 50 snaps on the outside. Next year.