Moss now a Viking OFFICIAL THREAD

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what happens when the Queens don't make the SB. The new bargaining agreement goes into place and they have no draft picks and no money left with which to sign people?

Ya, most teams get wrecked in the following years drafts because they trade a 3rd round pick... And you think we will run out of money from taking on Moss's contract? lol. Zygi is loaded and always willing to spend money to better the team

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus you don't have to be an ******* about it. I'm just posting it. I don't get why everyone here flames me. I don't stir up any trouble, all I do is post things from a Vikings fan perspective, which seems like it would be nice to have here.

Probably sarcasm from events that happened yesterday. You are one of the cooler Vikings fans I have meant, we also got some sweet Bears here and a nice Redskin fan.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ya, most teams get wrecked in the following years drafts because they trade a 3rd round pick... And you think we will run out of money from taking on Moss's contract? lol. Zygi is loaded and always willing to spend money to better the team

The problem is in the new CBA. There will have to be some penalty for teams that broke the bank during the off year. Presumably it will be a lower salary cap figure for that team. Then you have multiple contracts of veteran players due to be signed. Moss will not be cheap. Heck Favre even got them up to 20 million with his deal.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point. It's early in the season, and he will either buckle up his chin strap and show up or not. As Packers fans, I guess you would know if he has the tendency to show up or not.

There's never been any question about his desire... up until now maybe. Even last year with the slow start, I don't think anyone questioned whether or not he was going to turn it on. With, Favre, that's pretty much always been a given... again, up until now. He just doesn't look the same this year. 10 years ago, Favre might have been okay with the receivers he has right now. He wouldn't have won a Superbowl with 'em, but he would have gotten 'em to the playoffs before ending the season with a horrible interception.

I look at the Moss move as make-or-break. He's either the missing piece that Vike's fans claim are all that is needed to win the Superbowl, or he's the missing piece that many others think will completely destroy whatever team chemistry they have. Hell, it might be both things. They might come out smokin', only to fall apart later. Or they might start out slowly and turn it on towards the latter part of the season. If it's the latter, there'll be yet another offseason full of "will he or won't he." And if there is another offseason full of drama, it'll be interesting to see how the Vikes fans handle it. I'm sure a lot will "jump ship" (pun intended), but how many? I'd actually like your thoughts on that, Purplepeopleeater, as you seem to be fairly reasonable (please don't let me down).

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i bet thompson is looking around the teams practice squads right now looking for ways for us to get better, dont worry. we'll be ok.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus you don't have to be an ******* about it. I'm just posting it. I don't get why everyone here flames me. I don't stir up any trouble, all I do is post things from a Vikings fan perspective, which seems like it would be nice to have here.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that wasn't a shot at you. You'd have to have seen a lot of what's gone down in the last week or so to pick up on it.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Cris Carter: Randy Moss wants appreciation and extension

Cris Carter, the former Vikings receiver who served as something of a mentor to a young Randy Moss during Moss's first stint in Minnesota, said today that he thinks Moss just wants to feel appreciated -- and by that he...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Vikings, just be careful what you wish for, the light at the end of your tunnel may be an oncoming train. The Eagles had Superbowl rings for eyeballs when they signed T.O., Cowboys probably did too. We all know how that little soap opera ended. I'd love to send the Vikings a little present to show how much I love them. T.O. all nice and wrapped up in purple. Only this gift is more like the ones the Smurfs give you. It's going to blow up in your faces when you open it. All I'm saying is beware, team chemistry can be a delicate thing, particularly when you have a Favre dynamic to consider.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Look I had moved I bet about 10 threads in 20 mins because people FELT their thread was the 1st on the Moss thing or theirs was soo important theirs had to have a new thread...

You happen to make a new one and I finally had it....you took the brunt of my frustration on it..

sorry if I offended you!! and thats form the HEART

love me long time :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The problem is in the new CBA. There will have to be some penalty for teams that broke the bank during the off year. Presumably it will be a lower salary cap figure for that team. Then you have multiple contracts of veteran players due to be signed. Moss will not be cheap. Heck Favre even got them up to 20 million with his deal.
There will be no penalty for teams that spent money. Why? Because Jerry Jones spent the most and he won't allow it to happen. And Moss is supposed to make 6.2 million this year. So MN will be on the hook for about 4.5 million of that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute owl face, I thought you had me on ignore....NOT! :Cheeky:

Hmm, I think your confusing me with another person because I never had you on ignore. Never blocked a Viking fan......yet. And like Kitten said, as a mod I really can't now.

Yeah, if Farve shows up and getting Randy probably will make him excited to be back. Vikings could be really dangerous this year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I wouldn't worry about it. Packer fans are touchy after seeing Lynch go to Seattle and now Randy to the Vikings.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So the big question is why only a 3rd rounder? I think this is Belicheats plan. See, the Patriots now have two picks in each of the first 4 rounds of next years draft. 2 in the first, 2 in the second, 2 in the third and 2 in the fourth. However, I expect them to take two of those picks and ship them to San Diego for Vincent Jackson before the 19th of October. He's big, he's young and he wants out of San Diego. NE trades two picks that they got from other teams and they have a new young player to replace Moss, and are not really out of any of their own draft picks.

Jackson has to sit out 6 games. So Belicheat waits until after San Diego's 6th game, on the 17th of October then makes the trade. That way Jackson can play with NE (they have a bye this week so their 6th games is the San Diego game)on the 24th against San Diego. Now, does San Diego go for it?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, I think your confusing me with another person because I never had you on ignore. Never blocked a Viking fan......yet. And like Kitten said, as a mod I really can't now.

Yeah, if Farve shows up and getting Randy probably will make him excited to be back. Vikings could be really dangerous this year.
Sometimes is hard to be a mod... sigh.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Sources: Moss was becoming a distraction in New England

Multiple sources tell us in the wake of the deal that sent receiver Randy Moss from the Patriots to the Vikings for a third-round pick that the trade became a necessity because Moss was becoming an in-house distraction for the...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the big question is why only a 3rd rounder? I think this is Belicheats plan. See, the Patriots now have two picks in each of the first 4 rounds of next years draft. 2 in the first, 2 in the second, 2 in the third and 2 in the fourth. However, I expect them to take two of those picks and ship them to San Diego for Vincent Jackson before the 19th of October. He's big, he's young and he wants out of San Diego. NE trades two picks that they got from other teams and they have a new young player to replace Moss, and are not really out of any of their own draft picks.

Jackson has to sit out 6 games. So Belicheat waits until after San Diego's 6th game, on the 17th of October then makes the trade. That way Jackson can play with NE (they have a bye this week so their 6th games is the San Diego game)on the 24th against San Diego. Now, does San Diego go for it?
I think only a 3rd because teams knew that Moss would be available next year...

The Patriots would only get a 2012 3rd if he left by FA, and there was no way they would re-sign him, not with his age and them being in rebuilding mode.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the trade, here's my take:

Is Moss still a great player? Absolutely.
Will he make them better? Probably. For now.

But what happens when Rice comes back? They're the same style. Who's the #1? Both have big egos, specially moss. How will be the chemistry with Favre?

Will his presence alone make Favre regain his 2009 form?

Will that be enough to win the SB NOW? Next year Moss is a FA, there will be a lot of Vikings guys that want new contracts, and Favre will be 42. Can Childress and Co handle it?

We'll see. On paper it makes them a threat RIGHT NOW.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
About the trade, here's my take:

Is Moss still a great player? Absolutely.
Will he make them better? Probably. For now.

But what happens when Rice comes back? They're the same style. Who's the #1? Both have big egos, specially moss. How will be the chemistry with Favre?

Will his presence alone make Favre regain his 2009 form?

Will that be enough to win the SB NOW? Next year Moss is a FA, there will be a lot of Vikings guys that want new contracts, and Favre will be 42. Can Childress and Co handle it?

We'll see. On paper it makes them a threat RIGHT NOW.
I don't see Rice as having a big ego. He actually appears to be more level headed than a lot of players. As far as the contracts next year we will have to see. We will have to see what a new CBA brings to the table. I don't expect to see $62 million rookie contracts in 2011.

It will be great if Rice makes it back for he last half of the season. Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe and Moss with Peterson in the backfield. No one will be able to put 8 in the box for sure. It will be fun to watch. The real question is, does Favre get his mojo back or does he continue to play flat?

:Clueless:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense to Raptorman, who is about the only Vikings fan I actually have some respect for, but this screams of complete and total desperation of the Vikings. It makes me laugh really.

Anyway, I agree Moss makes them better, but remember we play Calvin Johnson twice a year. While he doesn't have Fraud throwing to him, he's about as big a deep threat as there is in the NFL.

This trade makes me believe Rice probably won't be back any time soon, and he certainly won't be ready for football by week 7. I don't know how his recovery is coming along, but he'll probably need at least a week of contact before he's ready to see action, and that's provided he's completely healthy and ready to go by the end of week 6!

In any event, one guy does not a team make. They still has a ton of issues on the offensive line and still have some concerns in their secondary. If anything, this makes them about as good as they were last year, provided Fraud starts playing up to the same level he played at last season. That still remains to be seen.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The trade deadline is Oct. 19th, so he's gonna have to do something by then regardless.

I doubt Vincent Jackson would be ready by then though. The guy hasn't been near the team or contact since last season's playoff game.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Patriots confirm trade; Belichick "grateful" to have coached Moss

From the day he acquired Randy Moss, Patriots coach Bill Belichick only spoke of his prized wide receiver publicly with the highest of praise.Wednesday was no different, as Moss became an ex-Patriot and Belichick confirmed Moss' trade to the Vikings."Over...

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, this will deffiently help the Vikings out alot.

Edit- Probably not lol. Forgot brett favre was qb.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's never been any question about his desire... up until now maybe. Even last year with the slow start, I don't think anyone questioned whether or not he was going to turn it on. With, Favre, that's pretty much always been a given... again, up until now. He just doesn't look the same this year. 10 years ago, Favre might have been okay with the receivers he has right now. He wouldn't have won a Superbowl with 'em, but he would have gotten 'em to the playoffs before ending the season with a horrible interception.

I look at the Moss move as make-or-break. He's either the missing piece that Vike's fans claim are all that is needed to win the Superbowl, or he's the missing piece that many others think will completely destroy whatever team chemistry they have. Hell, it might be both things. They might come out smokin', only to fall apart later. Or they might start out slowly and turn it on towards the latter part of the season. If it's the latter, there'll be yet another offseason full of "will he or won't he." And if there is another offseason full of drama, it'll be interesting to see how the Vikes fans handle it. I'm sure a lot will "jump ship" (pun intended), but how many? I'd actually like your thoughts on that, Purplepeopleeater, as you seem to be fairly reasonable (please don't let me down).

I don't see Favre returning next year. This looks to be it for him. However, that a big LOOKS TO BE. I am an old traditional Vikings fan that goes back to 1967, when my Dad gave me a Vikings helmet for Christmas...the old Vikings players were tough and made no excuses, no whining (so were the Packers back then for that matter). I was weaned on Allen, Page, Marshall, etc. Hard hitting, but they always came up short. Now we seem to have teams, and not just the Vikings with prima donnas begging for the limelight. If there is an offseason full of Favre drama, I'm going to do what I did this year-I ignored it until the regular season started. I am just as big a Twins fan as a Vikes fan, and I tend to concentrate on baseball anyway until that season is over-so for example, right now I am waiting to watch the Twins destroy the Yankees tonight, and the Vikes are pretty far from my mind. I would never jump ship. I am a true believer, and have supported my team through thick and thin. That's why underneath the rivalry with the Packers and Bears, I appreciate their fans, because there is nothing better on a cool, autumn Sunday than to watch MN v. GB or MN v. CHIC. I'm just looking at this year right now, and it looks better this morning than it was looking yesterday. The key will be whether we can win a game or two before Rice comes back, and be eligible for the playoffs. I don't care if we win the division or not right now, because the Packers should win it this year. I just want the Vikes to get into playoff contention with Favre and company healthy.

Members online

Latest posts