Moss now a Viking OFFICIAL THREAD

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Well, Bill Simmons was right.Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Vikings and the Patriots are working on a trade that would send receiver Randy Moss back to Minnesota, the place where his career began.Glazer reports that the deal, which...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Favre may just get to throw to Moss after all.

Unfortunately, it would be in MN and not GB.

ProFootballTalk.com

(I'm not sure if this belongs directly in this forum, but I thought maybe it would since it certainly affects our matchups with the the Vikies and the division)

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a huge maybe their. I'd wait to see if this is actually going to happen... I honestly dont see it going down.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I see Pats fans getting real upset by it, but at the same time, it makes so much sense for NE to do it. Moss has high trade value, especially for a team as desperate for WRs as MN. Plus I'm sure the Vikes will throw all sorts of cash at him, which is all he cares about.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why the Pats would make this move. They are 3-1 and tied for first place.

Even though Moss is FA next year, the franchise tag is still there.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was supposed to be a direct message, but it still holds value. Jay Glazer is also reporting this. I'm sure that it will get done soon. Wilf will spend whatever money it takes to bring in Moss, and give up whatever it takes within reason. I think it might be Berrian and Ray Edwards for Moss and a CB or O lineman.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Source: Vikings, Moss haven't started talking terms yet

Bill Simmons of ESPN perked up a slow Tuesday night by accidentally tweeting the existence of a rumor that the Patriots could be trading receiver Randy Moss to the Vikings. Jay Glazer of FOX has since reported that, indeed, the...

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Pats say "there is no trade"

Rumor quickly became reality on Tuesday night, with FOX's Jay Glazer reporting that the Patriots are close to shipping receiver Randy Moss back to the Vikings.Now, the Minnesota and Boston media are pursuing the story like Homer chasing a chocolate-filled...

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned. The Viqueens are 1-2 going up against the Jets. . .very likely facing a 1-3 start to this 2010 season.

If the Viqueens want to spend a lot to get Moss, that's find with me. I look towards the future and see them wasting money and picks on Moss. When I look back and see the fact that we might not have Jennings or Finley on our team if we would've caved in to Favre to get Moss in 2006-2007. . .I would be very sad.

So if the Viqueens wanna give up a lot to get Moss this season with their $20 million QB and their 1-2 start. . .whatever do what you wanna. . .

All I know is we're 3-1 and TT passed up on Moss and now we look back and thank him for that. We maybe mad at him for not making a trade for Lynch but who knows, next year when we have a back that owns. . .we might thank him for giving up on that and not giving up some draft picks for it.

All I'm saying is the Queens are mimicing the Redskins a lot lately. Giving up a lot of money/picks for a player who might be washed up. I'd prefer not to do that and I'm glad TT doesn't do that.

GO PACK GO!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't know why the Pats would make this move. They are 3-1 and tied for first place.

Even though Moss is FA next year, the franchise tag is still there.
Ah, there is no CBA next year. Therefore no Franchise tag. Why is that so hard for people to understand. There is also no steroid or drug program. Those all expire when the CBA does at the end of march 2011.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, there is no CBA next year. Therefore no Franchise tag. Why is that so hard for people to understand. There is also no steroid or drug program. Those all expire when the CBA does at the end of march 2011.

There actually is nothing next year? Might not even be football

there was no CBA this year? teams could spend what they wanted

Or am I wrong

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Brad Childress on possible Randy Moss trade: "I'm watching film"

Welcome back to Randy Moss night at PFT, sponsored by Bill Simmons' Twitter account. Here's the latest:ESPN's Adam Schefter and others have backed up the report from FOX's Jay Glazer that the Vikings and Patriots are talking about a possible...

ESPN's Adam Schefter and others have backed up the report from FOX's Jay Glazer that the Vikings and Patriots are talking about a possible Randy Moss trade. No deal appears imminent, however, and Florio reported Moss and the Vikings have not talked about a possible contract as of 8PM ET.

Our old friend Tom Curran, now of Comcast SportsNet New England, got a hold of Vikings coach Brad Childress Tuesday night.

"I don't know anything about it. I'm watching film. I'm just sitting here watching the Jets and Patriots play," Childress said.

(It's worth noting Childress also told his coaching staff to clumsily lie about players visiting Brett Favre in Mississippi back in August.)

Curran has two Patriots sources that shot down reports of a deal. He admits things could ultimately change, but believes there is nothing brewing at this time. Curran spoke with Moss after Monday night's game and Moss was "more engaging" than he'd ever seen him.

Other reports out of Boston suggest a different attitude from Moss. Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports that Moss requested a trade after the team's Week One victory. Gary Tanguay of Comcast has sources claiming Moss and coach Bill Belichick "had words" on Tuesday.

Finally, Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote something that also popped into my mind. A Moss deal only makes sense from the Patriots perspective if the team gets a Richard Seymour-like bounty in return: a first-round pick.

It's unlike the Patriots to dump a player at less than full value, no matter how much that player wants to get paid.

UPDATE: Glazer says there was trade talk even before Monday night's Patriots game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
There actually is nothing next year? Might not even be football

there was no CBA this year? teams could spend what they wanted

Or am I wrong
There is a CBA this year, just no cap. Otherwise they would not be able to fine players. There is nothing in place for next year. Hence the talk of a lockout.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no salary cap this year, so Minnescrota is free to throw as much money as they want at buying a championship. However, I remember reading someplace that should a salary cap return with a new CBA next season, teams that busted what would have been the salary cap this year will be penalized in the form of having less cap space in the future. So while Minnescrota can go all in this year with their spending, it could potentially bite them in the *** in the future.

And you know what? I'm fine with that, just like I'm fine with them trading away future draft picks while simultaneously alienating several members of their current roster who are still waiting to discuss extensions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
a old Packer fan now a Viking fan post on the trade on OBF

If this trade goes through and Randy helps the team get to the SB and WIN, I promise to forgive Moss for the mooning incident in Lambeau.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Imagine trying to cover Moss and Sidney Rice when he gets back.

I say we match the Vikings price and then just stash Moss on the inactive roster, just to keep him away from them.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Then I'm less scared. But still terrified. Because I think Moss replaces the role Rice played last year VERY well, which was "just chuck it up and let him make a play".

Honestly the inability to stretch the field is what's killing their offense, in my opinion. Moss would fix that. And I think he and Favre would click right away because Brett would finally think he has a receiver that's worth a damn. I think he'd make more of an effort to get on the same page with Moss than he did with, say, Camarillo.

BTW, the Vikings HAVE to do this now. Us not doing it a few years ago royally pissed Favre off. If the Vikes want to keep their Super Bowl meal ticket happy, they can't pass on this. He'll be furious... again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rice wont be back until week 7...GB game

Thats the earliest, so maybe they will be so far behind it might not matter

But to hear Viking fans (or Brett fans) they can win next 3 in a row lol Jets, Dallas, and Packers

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well judging from all the talking heads on ESPN its looking like this is gonna get done tomorrow...

definitely makes the Vikings a whole heck of a lot better

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Ya I'm really sold on this especially thru a tweet wasn't a tweet started with lynch? And Williams? And dosnt ochocinco tweet 24-7 this holds no water n if it happens good. Moss hass been amazing this year.....haha Finley has better numbers.... Let favor have him teams double moss favor throws across his body n guess wat int... I'm not worried at all

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Favre finally gets his guy.

I'm hearing Moss to Vikings for a 3rd. Should get done today. Vikings have a big need at receiver and GM goes out and gets something done.

Members online

Latest posts