Moss now a Viking OFFICIAL THREAD

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Pats will get a third-round pick for Randy Moss

Last night, our pall Todd Wright of Sporting News Radio asked me to peg the compensation that the Vikings would send to the Patriots for receiver Randy Moss.I flat-out guessed that the Vikings wouldn't be giving up much more than...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, GM Brett won't let this pass up now that he has the reigns. Saw it last night on sports center and knew it was gonna happen

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Percy Harvin "excited" about possible Moss return

As the Vikings move closer to bringing back receiver Randy Moss -- a source close to the action has pegged the percentage chance of the deal going down "in the high nineties" -- it's time to start thinking about the...

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Moss deal is done

More than 38 years after quarterback Fran Tarkenton returned to the Vikings after once being traded away, receiver Randy Moss has gone home, too.With the chances of the deal hovering in the high 90th percentile only an hour ago, the...

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knew that NE would trade Moss....
They at least get a pick for him insted of just losing him in FA next year.

Although no one thought he'd be sent to the Vikes..... back in the NFC North.... now Chuck can JACK HIM UP!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, just woke up to ESPN telling me that Moss was just traded to the queens for a 3rd round pick. Should we be worried?

Yeah I'm worried. Worried Woodson's hands might be sore after week 7 Picking Favre off 4 times for a Packer Victory! Go Pack Go!!

How's that for positive thinking? :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned. According to Cold, Hard Football Facts.com , Moss' stats in four playoff games with NE: total of 12 catches, 142 yards, 1 TD.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be problematic; but for whom? This may very well be big trouble for the rest of the league. There's no denying the physical skills of either one of these guys... but how will their ego's coexist? CAN they coexist?

I'd love to have a first-hand view of Favre's ego colliding with Moss' ego. Imagine the argument that's going to happen somewhere down the line. Moss will "take a few plays off," or drop a couple of passes, or break the wrong way and Favre will get intercepted. Favre will then sound like the spurned ex-wife on a made-for-TV movie on Lifetime.

"Oh, Randy! <sniff> I gave up everything for you! My career in Green Bay, 90% of my fans, my entire legacy! <sniff> I had it all, and I gave it all away! I did it for YOU, and I didn't mind doing it, <sniff-sniff> and now you treat me like this! How could you, Randy? How COULD you? How can you live with yourself? <sniff> How can you live with what you've done?" On and on and on, blah, blah, blah.

Then Favre will have his yearly tearful press conference and retire.... or not. I'm still hoping for 10 more years of Favre in Minnesota.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This could be problematic; but for whom? This may very well be big trouble for the rest of the league. There's no denying the physical skills of either one of these guys... but how will their ego's coexist? CAN they coexist?

I'd love to have a first-hand view of Favre's ego colliding with Moss' ego. Imagine the argument that's going to happen somewhere down the line. Moss will "take a few plays off," or drop a couple of passes, or break the wrong way and Favre will get intercepted. Favre will then sound like the spurned ex-wife on a made-for-TV movie on Lifetime.

"Oh, Randy! <sniff> I gave up everything for you! My career in Green Bay, 90% of my fans, my entire legacy! <sniff> I had it all, and I gave it all away! I did it for YOU, and I didn't mind doing it, <sniff-sniff> and now you treat me like this! How could you, Randy? How COULD you? How can you live with yourself? <sniff> How can you live with what you've done?" On and on and on, blah, blah, blah.

Then Favre will have his yearly tearful press conference and retire.... or not. I'm still hoping for 10 more years of Favre in Minnesota.

Maybe Favre has been taking "pictures of himself" and texting them to Randy on his cell phone. Randy couldn't resist....

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome possum! The Vikes could get Rice back by October 31st, then we will have Moss and Rice as wideouts, Percy Harvin in the slot, and Shiancoe waiting underneath. If the Vikes can just win a couple of games until Rice gets back, we look to be a very dangerous team the rest of the season.

CHEERS!

GO VIKES!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

A likely scenario that may very well come to pass! It's like having two T.O.'s on the same team, why nobody bothered to clone him. Town's not big enough for them both. I predict a clash of the Titans, and inevitable self destruction. :viksux:Invest in your SB wisely Viking fans, but if I were you, I'd keep my receipt for that new wide screen plasma TV you all plan on watching yourselves on.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Awesome possum! The Vikes could get Rice back by October 31st, then we will have Moss and Rice as wideouts, Percy Harvin in the slot, and Shiancoe waiting underneath. If the Vikes can just win a couple of games until Rice gets back, we look to be a very dangerous team the rest of the season.

CHEERS!

GO VIKES!

So what happens when the Queens don't make the SB. The new bargaining agreement goes into place and they have no draft picks and no money left with which to sign people?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

CHEERS!

GO VIKES!

Your forgetting one thing, You don't have a QB, or at least one that has shown up yet.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I likely scenario that may very well come to pass! It's like having two T.O.'s on the same team, why nobody bothered to clone him. Town's not big enough for them both. I predict a clash of the Titans, and inevitable self destruction. :viksux:Invest in your SB wisely Viking fans, but if I were you, I'd keep my receipt for that new wide screen plasma TV you all plan on watching yourselves on.

I'm confused, you think A.P. and Moss are going to clash? One is an RB and the other a WR, and AP has never shown any primadonna tendencies. Predict all you want, but this is one happy Vikes fan this morning.

WOO-HOO

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm confused, you think A.P. and Moss are going to clash? One is an RB and the other a WR, and AP has never shown any primadonna tendencies. Predict all you want, but this is one happy Vikes fan this morning.

WOO-HOO

I think she's referring to I (sniffle, sniffle) want all (sniffle, sniffle) the attention Favre and I (moan, moan) want all (moan, moan) the attention Moss.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your forgetting one thing, You don't have a QB, or at least one that has shown up yet.

That's a good point. It's early in the season, and he will either buckle up his chin strap and show up or not. As Packers fans, I guess you would know if he has the tendency to show up or not. He seemed to show up pretty good as I recall when he was playing in Green Bay. That's either all in his past or not, and we should know by about Week 8.

If he does show up though, we have a nice WR for him to toss balls to now. I'm pretty sure your secondary would rather not be facing Moss twice this year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think she's referring to I (sniffle, sniffle) want all (sniffle, sniffle) the attention Favre and I (moan, moan) want all (moan, moan) the attention Moss.

Winner is Croak! A.P. is just one of the lesser Gods. You have all these receivers stacked now, but don't count on Favre being able to hit 'em. It would be a funny thing to see the Vikings invest in all of these receivers and also watch Favre's INT rate increase. Oh the irony, the humanity of it all!!!! Touchdown, Woodson, thank Favre, nice pass!!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Winner is Croak! A.P. is just one of the lesser Gods. You have all these receivers stacked now, but don't count on Favre being able to hit 'em. It would be a funny thing to see the Vikings invest in all of these receivers and also watch Favre's INT rate increase. Oh the irony, the humanity of it all!!!! Touchdown, Woodson, thank Favre, nice pass!!!!

Don't forget that Bigby will be back and hopefully Harris.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duhhhh

We didnt know that!!! You must have inside info

Jesus you don't have to be an ******* about it. I'm just posting it. I don't get why everyone here flames me. I don't stir up any trouble, all I do is post things from a Vikings fan perspective, which seems like it would be nice to have here.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Jesus you don't have to be an ******* about it. I'm just posting it. I don't get why everyone here flames me. I don't stir up any trouble, all I do is post things from a Vikings fan perspective, which seems like it would be nice to have here.

I think he was joking because recently we've had another poster on here always claiming to have inside info that nobody can verify.

Members online

Latest posts