1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

More smaller quicker d-line

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Dec 16, 2013.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Did anybody else notice how when Boyd, Daniels and Jones came in we got more pressure on Romo? I payed close attention to this because when Pickett and Raji was in we got no dline pressure. Raji and Pickett are block eaters to help stop the run but hello! that's not working! hopefully Capers found a trio that can be used as a pass down pkg and we don't have to see Raji or Pickett taking up space. On another note i hope jollys injury isn't that serious. I saw him in street clothes in the 2nd half.

2. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    It was that obvious. This is exactly what I've been calling for. Mix it up. Take a look at our non-starters. Surprise.

3. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +368
    There might be a little fool's gold in this observation. After Jolly went out we sort of had to play more of those guys and the Cowboys were nice enough to stop running the ball in the second half. Yeah, the smaller, lighter guys did well in this game but I'd be concerned about playing them more often against teams that aren't allergic to running the ball.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +309
    I am still perplexed that I am more often noticing Brad Jones not making a play than I am noticing him making a play. I am still not understanding why Lattimore is not playing more, seemed like he was all over the field when he got a shot to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993

Yeai agree. I guess because Teddy gave Jones so much freakin money Capers has to play him. Can't pay a guy that much and have him on the bench..it's sad but it has to be the case because imo Lattimore has way more upside.

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    During the game I called for that package in the chat box just to see what would happen. It did happen and the results were good. You have to reinvent yourself in this game. Teams figured out how to minimize the impact of the fatties taking up blockers. They looked like they scrunched down their blockers so the fatties actually blocked the linebackers from doing anything. There have been so many times this year that they blitz but never get through the line. It just looks like a big pile. I really think it helps the linebackers to not have a roadblock in front of them.

7. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    The money is spent though. Play the best players and cut Jones or get out of that contract in the offseason.

8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    They were saving Lattimore for his half-time pep talk.

:tdown:

9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Jones isn't going anywhere unfortunately..if anything he will be the highest paid backup/special teams player in NFL history. No way does he start over Lattimore next season...i'll boycott.

10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    well whatever he said worked..now reward him by giving him more PT!

11. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    Agreed. Also, less of MD Jennings and more of anyone else.

12. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    MD Jennings is Awful...just awful. I havn't seen a safety that bad in Green Bay in a looong time. I'd rather see Bush playing safety..yea Jennings is that bad. What the heck is a guy 6'0 187 lbs doing playing safety anyways? it would be different if the guy could tackle or was a playmaker.he's neither. Terrible i'll tell you.

13. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    How quickly you forget Jerron McMillian! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993

No i thought about him to trust me..at least he could make a tackle, he just blew his coverage assingments alot haha.