More Covid For the Packers (warning Covid is in the thread title, it may be discussed)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I generally stay out of the Covid discussions on here, because frankly just just gets old. Everyone is dug in on their positions. I see people open to alternative narratives about the Packers, but I have yet to see someone online change their thoughts about Covid.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because who is on, or not on a list and could be available or unavailable is important to a Packer fan. Your opinions on a virus, it's treatment, or views on someone else's opinion is not. ANd it has been asked repeatedly to STOP and some continuously do so.

Every thread has shots taken others whenever some can concerning covid (pun intended) and it's making this place suck if you ask me.
Come on… I’d be 100% on your side about keeping it football related …but the moderator that has not only demanded that but actually enforced it on others is just as guilty of throwing his own innuendo and personal anecdotes as everyone else. The bottom line is that nobody wants to talk about it… and everyone wants to talk about it. We are accustomed to coming in here with the intention of making others see it the way we do… that rarely happens anywhere, but I don’t really expect people to stop trying.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Here I thought pretty much the majority of what people post in here is rooted in opinions? But let's shut those opinions off when they are controversial or they make us uncomfortable to talk about? Or if those opinions aren't framed to meet our opinions.

I find it interesting that we can talk about Antonio Brown and his journey through the NFL (never through Green Bay), include a good discussion on mental health and nobody screams to stop.

For some reason Covid is a hot button for some. This thread was created to discuss Covid and how it has effected the Packers and how it could effect the Packers. Of course its going to sway off track from time to time and have opinions given, just like discussion of Brown, CTE's, Ted Thompson, etc. Hell, even mods are weighing in with their own facts and opinions of covid.

I don't think that censoring opinions and topics (that actually do involve football) is why this forum was created, if the topic makes you uncomfortable, don't open the thread. There are plenty of places you can find quick updates on who has Covid for the Packers. Maybe one of the people that don't like this topic, can make a thread that simply tracks the status of Packer players and covid?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that some people don't want to discuss Covid and that's fine. I also understand that there are some people who want to or at least don't mind if it is discussed.

My suggestion I guess would be to make one thread for every single post mentioning covid (including those Packer players who have it) and if anyone posts the word Covid in any other thread that thread be locked immediately and the person who said it be banned for life.

I believe Poker started this thread and he did put the warning in the title. I see absolutely no problem. If you don't want to see discussion on covid don't open the thread. There is even an ignore thread button if the word Covid itself offends you that much that merely seeing it causes you emotional distress.

Another option would simply be to ban any and all mention of Covid on this site and ban anyone who types the word.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting that we can talk about Antonio Brown and his journey through the NFL (never through Green Bay), include a good discussion on mental health and nobody screams to stop.
Because of impact to life. Most opinions like politics or sports etc rarely have a direct impact to everyday life. It's OK if your neighbor is politically left or right or supports Vikings because you can just shrug it off as it has little relevance to how a person lives their own life.

Unfortunately Covid opinions don't work that way. A person who believes in vaccination would believe that a person who doesn't do so is poses increasing risk to their and their family wellbeing. And Vice versa. This puts them in direct conflict in everyday stuff or even being in same places. So the emotional content is high as is reduced understanding/acceptance.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on… I’d be 100% on your side about keeping it football related …but the moderator that has not only demanded that but actually enforced it on others is just as guilty of throwing his own innuendo and personal anecdotes as everyone else. The bottom line is that nobody wants to talk about it… and everyone wants to talk about it. We are accustomed to coming in here with the intention of making others see it the way we do… that rarely happens anywhere, but I don’t really expect people to stop trying.
So be better and stop

Just do it keep it the football it’s not that hard.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect… you certainly are no less guilty of it than I ….
if I’ve made a post recently giving you my opinion on what you should think about Covid or how you should respond to Covid that I apologize I am 100% wrong point me to it and I will gladly delete it.

In the meantime I can probably find 20 or 30 posts from the usual same players taking shots all over this form against other posters who don’t share their same thoughts on Covid should we start a list and compare?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if I’ve made a post recently giving you my opinion on what you should think about Covid or how you should respond to Covid that I apologize I am 100% wrong point me to it and I will gladly delete it.

In the meantime I can probably find 20 or 30 posts from the usual same players taking shots all over this form against other posters who don’t share their same thoughts on Covid should we start a list and compare?
this is the key. Telling people what you think is one thing. Telling them they are wrong for thinking the way they do or worse yet telling them how they should think is another story.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can start that list if you want. I don’t really care that much. If people want to talk about Covid.. it doesn’t really bother me. I will occasionally interject as well. What I do care about is when we are told what we are allowed to talk about, and then the people doing the “telling” do the same thing.

My personal stance is probably somewhere in the middle. I do not think Covid is something to ignore. I also don’t think we should be ignoring other people’s fears justified or not. None of us knows the personal situation that those around us are in. I am also very pro science and think that the current fear of vaccines is an overblown bunch of nonsense fueled by a desire to protect political positions that really should have nothing to do with it. I typically lean to the conservative side of things, but that does not mean I‘m going to ignore the science. And no I don’t want to get into that debate with you. I believe the vaccines are quite effective at minimizing the symptoms and are obverall quite safe. We dont have the long term studies yet…. but I know what Covid can do from many personal experiences.

You are not required to agree with me… and I won’t “hate“ you if you don’t …. but you also aren’t likely to change my mind.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that censoring opinions and topics (that actually do involve football) is why this forum was created, if the topic makes you uncomfortable, don't open the thread. There are plenty of places you can find quick updates on who has Covid for the Packers. Maybe one of the people that don't like this topic, can make a thread that simply tracks the status of Packer players and covid?
And when the board owner, you know, @Shaggy the guy that pays the bills and keeps the lights on, wants us to keep Covid and politics off the board to the extent possible we have to make judgement calls about what he wants. I said early in this thread I would keep it football related to the best of my abilities and as time permits.
He's the one that set the censor words also so based on that you can see how tight he prefers us to run this place. We push back somewhat when it seems infantile to toe the line. Current politics, societal issues, juvenile locker room humor, abusive and harassing language, and S-E-X are things at the top of his not allowed list. Maybe someone can direct us to a "dead" board to invade and co-opt to talk about subjects Shaggy doesn't want here.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm sorry but it would definitely not be OK for my neighbor to root for the Vikings.
Be happy you don't live in Norway or Sweden. I hear they start teaching their kids about the Vikings really early on in life. Even classes in school cover the subject.

D

Deleted member 6794

Be happy you don't live in Norway or Sweden. I hear they start teaching their kids about the Vikings really early on in life. Even classes in school cover the subject.

I would prefer living next door to one of those Vikings from the 8th to 11th century than one supporting that laughingstock out of Minnesota.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would prefer living next door to one of those Vikings from the 8th to 11th century than one supporting that laughingstock out of Minnesota.
Some of those 8th to 11th Century Vikings might have been fun to have as neighbors. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

as dante pointed out the hypocrisy...you know just like bashing trump and we now have....never mind...lets get back to football.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lucas Patrick on Covid List today.

Plenty of time to get off it, so "good timing". Let's just hope he comes back fine.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be fine with that Viking to live inside my doors as well ;)
You've seen one blonde actress ... I doubt true Viking women of the era had all their teeth and no cooties in the long blond free flowing hair. Then again they probably were fairly fit with sufficient but not overly generous curves.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You've seen one blonde actress ... I doubt true Viking women of the era had all their teeth and no cooties in the long blond free flowing hair. Then again they probably were fairly fit with sufficient but not overly generous curves.
All one has to do is watch the TV show "Vikings" and they will realize that all the shield maidens were beautiful.....fighting machines. :cool: Just be careful, from behind, sometimes it was hard to tell the women from the men.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts