More Covid For the Packers (warning Covid is in the thread title, it may be discussed)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cook will get work, but hard to feed him if they're down 30 pts.
A TRUE VISIONARY!!!!! I don't mean to be a wet blanket and games of yesteryear have no bearing on games today - except that they tend to haunt the fragile memories of old guys like me ... the Pack has always had a way of making also-rans look like Super Bowl contenders. Never been able to put my finger on it (yes, to squash that dad-gummed memory) as to why but once again, this will be a 2 pt game, either way as always. I like your scenario better though. There are a lot of Minnesotans just chomping at the bit ...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think that after this season, the NFL should change the name of "The Practice Squad" to "The Covid Relief Squad." Just watching all the moves that the Packers and other teams have made this season and last, really makes me want the NFL to stick to both the IR and Practice Squad rules that are now in place. Even in a non-covid year, I really think it would help teams that have a rash of injuries, illnesses, etc. to still compete. It also rewards a GM like Gute, for always having his eyes on other teams players. Just imagine where the Packers would be right now, if the old rules were still in effect. We could be getting as many as 6 starters back, that in other years would have been done for the season.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coaching and adjustments are going to be key. It’s not like the Queens are just going to say “ well Cousins are out but we’ll just have to hope the other guy can just execute the same offense and see what happens”. Our defense SHOULD be able to keep things in hand, but there could be some big plays especially if they get cocky or complacent. If Mr GM/VP and our offense can execute this should be an easy win, but I can see it taking 30 points to make it “comfortable”.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
News to me on both Moore and Jaire. Just when we get a guy that appears comfortable at returning the ball. Hopefully, it will be a short stay on the list for both.

Packers on COVID-Reserve Lists​

Receiver: David Moore (practice squad).

Offensive line: Billy Turner.

Cornerbacks: Jaire Alexander.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News to me on both Moore and Jaire. Just when we get a guy that appears comfortable at returning the ball. Hopefully, it will be a short stay on the list for both.

Packers on COVID-Reserve Lists​

Receiver: David Moore (practice squad).

Offensive line: Billy Turner.

Cornerbacks: Jaire Alexander.

That sucks for Jaire. Basically, his whole regular season gone. Can we trust starting him when the starters have played well?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That sucks for Jaire. Basically, his whole regular season gone. Can we trust starting him when the starters have played well?
He still might make it back, there have been a few guys that were on the list and off again a day or 2 later. I wonder if anyone will compile a list of Packer players that at some point in the season were on the Covid Reserve list. It has been quite a few.

As far as Jaire, its a good question. I saw an article the other day about that very thing. It talked about "where to play Jaire if and when he does come back this season." Keep Douglas and Stokes outside and replace Sullivan in the slot? It would be a nice problem to have. Hard to imagine a playoff team that has this good/healthy of a group of CB's in Stokes, Douglas, Jaire, Sullivan and King. Toss in Yiadom and SJC for good measures.

D

Deleted member 6794

He still might make it back, there have been a few guys that were on the list and off again a day or 2 later. I wonder if anyone will compile a list of Packer players that at some point in the season were on the Covid Reserve list. It has been quite a few.

Here's the list since the start of the season, a total of 35 players have been put on it so far.

Tyler Lancaster, Malik Taylor, Davante Adams, Allen Lazard, Kurt Benkert, Aaron Rodgers, Isaac Yiadom, Jonathan Garvin, De'Vondre Campbell, Jordan Love, Kenny Clark, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Chauncey Rivers, Shemar Jean-Charles, Kevin King, La'Darius Hamilton, Ben Braden, Tipa Galaei, Amari Rodgers, Ty Summers, R.J. McIntosh, Oren Burks, Marcedes Lewis, Henry Black, Corey Bojorquez, Tyler Davis, Kingsley Keke, Jayson Stanley, JJ Molson, Ray Wilborn, Jaire Alexander, Dennis Kelly, Darnell Savage, David Moore, Billy Turner.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's the list since the start of the season, a total of 35 players have been put on it so far.

Tyler Lancaster, Malik Taylor, Davante Adams, Allen Lazard, Kurt Benkert, Aaron Rodgers, Isaac Yiadom, Jonathan Garvin, De'Vondre Campbell, Jordan Love, Kenny Clark, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Chauncey Rivers, Shemar Jean-Charles, Kevin King, La'Darius Hamilton, Ben Braden, Tipa Galaei, Amari Rodgers, Ty Summers, R.J. McIntosh, Oren Burks, Marcedes Lewis, Henry Black, Corey Bojorquez, Tyler Davis, Kingsley Keke, Jayson Stanley, JJ Molson, Ray Wilborn, Jaire Alexander, Dennis Kelly, Darnell Savage, David Moore, Billy Turner.
Thanks Captain, a few more than I thought. Just happy to not have my name on it. But Wow.....I now have 3 different sets of friends that have it as well as their wives and kids.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks Captain, a few more than I thought. Just happy to not have my name on it. But Wow.....I now have 3 different sets of friends that have it as well as their wives and kids.
How many tested positive? How many were "close contacts?" How many tested negative a day later (false positive)? asking for a friend the courts prohibit from using a computer

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
aren’t you the one that said posts like this would be deleted?
Yep. But I'm referring to the Packers Covid list and potential playoff implications. Those that have had it run little risk of re-infection for several months afterwards. That is why AR12 is on some 90 day exempt from testing list that someone referred to. Those on the close contact list can go back on the list for a positive test. Same for those that had a false positive.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. But I'm referring to the Packers Covid list and potential playoff implications. Those that have had it run little risk of re-infection for several months afterwards. That is why AR12 is on some 90 day exempt from testing list that someone referred to. Those on the close contact list can go back on the list for a positive test. Same for those that had a false positive.
I don't know about the re-infection possibilities but the reason they don't need to be tested for 90 days is because of a lot of false positives.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about the re-infection possibilities but the reason they don't need to be tested for 90 days is because of a lot of false positives.
Hadn't thought of that. My wife still tested positive 4 weeks after her initial positive test. (She tests weekly for her job.)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Four of the five of us that went to the Packers/Vikings game at Lambeau last week have now tested positive for Covid. Two of us have the Minnesota Covid-aware apps on our phones. We both got notifications on Tuesday that were exposed to someone on Sunday with a confirmed case. By Wednesday several of us had bad colds. Two of us got confirmed PCR tests, two of us have positive results from antigen tests and are waiting for PCR test results, with the fifth guy have zero symptoms and two negative antigen tests (getting a PCR tomorrow). All five of us were vaccinated and boostered. Most symptoms were mild. I was probably worst when I wasn't able to work Thursday afternoon through Friday.

Even the three Vikings fans felt that it was worth it, despite their team losing badly. Going to Lambeau for the first time was worth getting Covid. Plus my buddy and I are now even more resistant when we go to the playoff games! All of our wives said we are idiots but not much has changed there.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given how widespread the virus is now, the players need to be extra careful. It's unfortunate, but they really need to isolate during the playoffs. A locker room outbreak could take down any team.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Four of the five of us that went to the Packers/Vikings game at Lambeau last week have now tested positive for Covid. Two of us have the Minnesota Covid-aware apps on our phones. We both got notifications on Tuesday that were exposed to someone on Sunday with a confirmed case. By Wednesday several of us had bad colds. Two of us got confirmed PCR tests, two of us have positive results from antigen tests and are waiting for PCR test results, with the fifth guy have zero symptoms and two negative antigen tests (getting a PCR tomorrow). All five of us were vaccinated and boostered. Most symptoms were mild. I was probably worst when I wasn't able to work Thursday afternoon through Friday.

Even the three Vikings fans felt that it was worth it, despite their team losing badly. Going to Lambeau for the first time was worth getting Covid. Plus my buddy and I are now even more resistant when we go to the playoff games! All of our wives said we are idiots but not much has changed there.
It's a handy app for sure, Wisconsin has the same one. Wish more people used it, but they might fear Bill Gates is spying on them.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m speechless

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a handy app for sure, Wisconsin has the same one. Wish more people used it, but they might fear Bill Gates is spying on them.
In the 1.5yrs that I've had the Covid aware app on my phone, this is the first time that it has ever done anything. That's probably a product of me working from home, not flying anywhere for work, etc. I honestly forgot that it was there until it spoke up last week. I wonder if the same app then shares information between states. We assumed that since we were surrounded by Vikings fans, it was likely someone from MN that infected us at the game. If the apps share info between states, then it could have been the Coast Guard lady that came over to our tailgate! :D

I am thankful that we all had relatively minor symptoms. One of the two partners in our company just finally gave in that his symptoms were worse than he was telling people. He's unvaccinated and calls it all a hoax. He checked into the big hospital in Syracuse, NY yesterday. He spent the night on a ventilator in the hospital waiting room because all of the beds are full. He's furious with the hospital...and the other partner is furious with him. Crazy times.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In the 1.5yrs that I've had the Covid aware app on my phone, this is the first time that it has ever done anything. That's probably a product of me working from home, not flying anywhere for work, etc. I honestly forgot that it was there until it spoke up last week. I wonder if the same app then shares information between states. We assumed that since we were surrounded by Vikings fans, it was likely someone from MN that infected us at the game. If the apps share info between states, then it could have been the Coast Guard lady that came over to our tailgate! :D

I am thankful that we all had relatively minor symptoms. One of the two partners in our company just finally gave in that his symptoms were worse than he was telling people. He's unvaccinated and calls it all a hoax. He checked into the big hospital in Syracuse, NY yesterday. He spent the night on a ventilator in the hospital waiting room because all of the beds are full. He's furious with the hospital...and the other partner is furious with him. Crazy times.
Sorry to hear about one of your partners. Karma sucks, but maybe some good will come out of it and he won't see the "bright light", but will see "the light" and change his mind about things.

I wish everyone attending Packer games had the contact tracing app. Sadly, there hasn't been a lot of discussion about them. Hard to even find information online. I know they were working on ways that each State would communicate with another, through a National tracing App. I didn't have any alerts at any of the games I attended, but who knows how many have the App, probably very few. Just the word "tracing" scares many people, little do they know that the phone they carry is already a tracking device.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
These Covid discussions have zero business on a football forum anyways so we might as well go the whole way into it. LOL
Right....but some stick a toe in....run off....and then complain about the discussion. Covid discussion has everything to do with Football. If you can't see that, then you haven't been paying attention to the NFL and how Covid has impacted it this and last season.

I swear sometimes I think people don't want to discuss it, because they are embarrassed by either their position on it or just their lack of knowledge or their low level of care about it.

I hope some day Covid has no place in Football or anywhere else in life, but to say it shouldn't be discussed right now is like saying "lets stop talking about head injuries, this is a football forum!"

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right....but some stick a toe in....run off....and then complain about the discussion. Covid discussion has everything to do with Football. If you can't see that, then you haven't been paying attention to the NFL and how Covid has impacted it this and last season.

I swear sometimes I think people don't want to discuss it, because they are embarrassed by either their position on it or just their lack of knowledge or their low level of care about it.

I hope some day Covid has no place in Football or anywhere else in life, but to say it shouldn't be discussed right now is like saying "lets stop talking about head injuries, this is a football forum!"
These discussions divulge into news sources, dismissing folks opinions as if they're God and crap so fast though - and to be fully fair it is both ways. Trust me I love talking football implications to the Packers based on everything - you know that :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
These discussions divulge into news sources, dismissing folks opinions as if they're God and crap so fast though - and to be fully fair it is both ways. Trust me I love talking football implications to the Packers based on everything - you know that :)
I know you love Football talk, that is very obvious. :tup:

I just don't understand how people wander into a thread with "covid" in the title and not expect a discussion about it. Of course you only want it to pertain to how Covid is effecting the Packers, but that is the problem, it doesn't just effect the Packers, it effects all of us. So yes, there are going to be side stories and information, people talking about their experiences at a Packer game or outside of a game. It isn't a comfortable subject at times, but it is an important one. For whatever reason, people have made it political and it shouldn't be. I am guilty for drawing that line on occasion, because sadly its somewhat of an easy line to draw and a line that never should exist when it comes to health and safety.

At the end of the day we all want our lives and football to go back to "normal", but until such time, Covid is probably going to be on everybody's minds.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because who is on, or not on a list and could be available or unavailable is important to a Packer fan. Your opinions on a virus, it's treatment, or views on someone else's opinion is not. ANd it has been asked repeatedly to STOP and some continuously do so.

Every thread has shots taken others whenever some can concerning covid (pun intended) and it's making this place suck if you ask me.

Members online

Latest posts