More Covid For the Packers (warning Covid is in the thread title, it may be discussed)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My bold and increased font size to indicate how much I agree with this statement. Save the money while still making it look like they care.
Yes and well done at pointing out some of the inconsistencies with the NFL Policy. It really appears they are trying to please "both sides of the debate", yet in the long run they will or should be judged by the outcome of their policy. I don't know how "random" the testing will be, but my guess is that it might include more practice squad and third stringers, than Pro Bowlers and starters.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sake of discussion, I wonder how the good folks on this forum would rate the following risks to NFL players in order of severity:

COVID in any of its varieties
1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th COVID vaccination
CTE
Any of a long list of acute musculoskeletal injuries

D

Deleted member 6794

I also don't think this is the last of it that we will see on the Packers between now and the Superbowl.

Players who have tested positive aren't subject to be tested for the following 90 days. Therefore none of the players currently on the list will be tested before the Super Bowl anymore.

Unfortunately Rodgers' window ends after the NFCCG.

plus an unvaxed player who tests positive still has to quarantine for 10 days right?

The NFL adapted their policy yesterday, it's now only five days for unvaccinated players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big Dog is the first exit besides MVS that actually might affect playcalling by MLF on offense. Burks will hurt depth but especially STs possibly. This is compounding the amount of injuries we already have and is a lot to keep overcoming.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
One of the local stations quoted MLF as saying that there's more coming- 15 total... Vikies have to be salivating

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sake of discussion, I wonder how the good folks on this forum would rate the following risks to NFL players in order of severity:

COVID in any of its varieties
1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th COVID vaccination
CTE
Any of a long list of acute musculoskeletal injuries
Risk of what? Death or long term illness?
1-3-4-2

Risk of infecting others who may suffer death or long term illness?

1 - NA - NA -NA

D

Deleted member 6794

Do they have a punter on the practice squad?

No, the Packers don't have a punter on the practice squad. They will need to sign one of the street for the Vikings game.

One of the local stations quoted MLF as saying that there's more coming- 15 total... Vikies have to be salivating

The Packers got some good news as well with MVS being activated from the list yesterday.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Risk of what? Death or long term illness?
1-3-4-2

Risk of infecting others who may suffer death or long term illness?

1 - NA - NA -NA
I was attempting, perhaps inartfully, to provoke forum members into considering how an NFL player might assess his risk profile. In other words, of all the many known physical and health risks confronting today's NFL player, which do you think is his primary concern?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was attempting, perhaps inartfully, to provoke forum members into considering how an NFL player might assess his risk profile. In other words, of all the many known physical and health risks confronting today's NFL player, which do you think is his primary concern?
The only thing you'll provoke here is a reaction LOL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
ETA: Covid has been discussed quite a few times already. Battle lines have been drawn and the trenches have been dug pretty deep. Nobody has anything new that the opposing views will not accept as anything other than rumors or conspiracies and no minds are going to be swayed. If and when time permits I'll be deleting general covid discussions no matter what the thread title says. @Shaggy prefers we stay away from the subject.
I have followed through on this deleting what I see as a straying into general discussion as well as any post that quoted a deleted post. As the last line says@Shaggy prefers we stay away from the subject.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They have no reason to - they'll just get 3 tightends up front and snap directly to Cook.

Members online

Latest posts