MORE BRETT FAVRE NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand all this talk about Favre distracting the team. First some people were up in arms because Favre didn't hand in his retirement papers (Which TT has says makes no difference to their plans). Then some people are up in arms because he might consider coming back if Aaron Rodgers got hurt. Then the Packers are retiring Favre's # and this is going to distract Rodgers.

NFL players are paid millions of dollars to go play a game. If you are distracted by something like this, I sure hope your not on my favourite team. Go out and play the game. Why would anyone on this team even care what a retired player is saying. Go out and win, thats it.

I don't get this view that Favre has to watch what he says. He's a grown man. He's NOT a GB Packer. He can say whatever he wants. He doesn't owe the Packers or us a THING. He went out there and played with broken bones and concussions and personal tragedy. He's earned the right to say whatever he wants, he's RETIRED. If the Packers are actually the team I think they are, they are not going to be distracted by what Favre says or doesn't say. He was the scapegoat for so many for Packers losing in the NFC Championsihp and I'll bet he will some how be the scapegoat if the Packers get off to a slow start ("It's because they retired Favre's # and the team couldn't concentrate!" - That sounds insane to me). You get paid millions of dollars, go out and play. If Rodgers is the QB that I hope he is, I would assume he can go on the field and shut down "distractions" and perform. If he can't handle the pressure of a number retirement ceremony, how is going to handle the pressure of a full NFL season - he's going to be fine.

so you think the amount of money a person makes is inversely proportional to the extent to which they are able to be distracted? :chalflag:

Also, I was careful not to say that Favre was distracting the team. This stuff is coming from the media. And, yes, I think it has the possibility of becoming distracting.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Honestly, I don't understand all this talk about Favre distracting the team. First some people were up in arms because Favre didn't hand in his retirement papers (Which TT has says makes no difference to their plans). Then some people are up in arms because he might consider coming back if Aaron Rodgers got hurt. Then the Packers are retiring Favre's # and this is going to distract Rodgers.

NFL players are paid millions of dollars to go play a game. If you are distracted by something like this, I sure hope your not on my favourite team. Go out and play the game. Why would anyone on this team even care what a retired player is saying. Go out and win, thats it.

I don't get this view that Favre has to watch what he says. He's a grown man. He's NOT a GB Packer. He can say whatever he wants. He doesn't owe the Packers or us a THING. He went out there and played with broken bones and concussions and personal tragedy. He's earned the right to say whatever he wants, he's RETIRED. If the Packers are actually the team I think they are, they are not going to be distracted by what Favre says or doesn't say. He was the scapegoat for so many for Packers losing in the NFC Championsihp and I'll bet he will some how be the scapegoat if the Packers get off to a slow start ("It's because they retired Favre's # and the team couldn't concentrate!" - That sounds insane to me). You get paid millions of dollars, go out and play. If Rodgers is the QB that I hope he is, I would assume he can go on the field and shut down "distractions" and perform. If he can't handle the pressure of a number retirement ceremony, how is going to handle the pressure of a full NFL season - he's going to be fine.

so you think the amount of money a person makes is inversely proportional to the extent to which they are able to be distracted? :chalflag:

Also, I was careful not to say that Favre was distracting the team. This stuff is coming from the media. And, yes, I think it has the possibility of becoming distracting.

Why would Aaron Rodgers want it any other way. Retire his number, go out there and prove your the next big thing.

Let's say this team has a Super Bowl run in them. The two weeks of distractions of the Super Bowl are intense. If you can't handle retiring a number or someone telling someone in an interview "I'd consider coming back IF Rodgers went down", then how are you going to handle the Super Bowl distractions.

Eli Manning plays in NY. Thats the toughest media market - he got attacked for yeras from every journalist you can name. He went out there and won a Super Bowl. There were a million distractions he dealt with including Tiki Barber calling him out. He won a Super Bowl. If you want to be a successful team, you have to be able to block out distractions.

I do'nt know money equates ability to block out distractions but I would HOPE that it does and if this is team I hope they are, they will be able to block out a retirement ceremony and comments from a retired player. If you can't handle that heat, you can't handle the heat of a Super Bowl run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts