MORE BRETT FAVRE NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) -- If the Green Bay Packers are ravaged by injuries this season, Brett Favre might consider returning should the team reach out to him.

"It would be hard to pass up, I guess," he told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald. "But three months from now, say that presents itself, I may say, you know what, I'm so glad I made that decision. I'm feel very comfortable in what I'm doing and my decision.

"Yeah, I can probably be up there doing that and playing, but again, I don't know. It's only speculating. I think the world of that team. I had a lot of fun, not only this year, but over my career."

But if Aaron Rodgers went down with an injury?

"Aaron has fallen into a great situation," Favre said. "And if that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed do it."

Favre understands the kind of challenge he would face should he opt to go back to the NFL after ending his record-setting 17-year career. And he made it clear he is not changing his mind at this time.

"But to think that if they called me in October and told me, 'Hey, we need you this week.' That would be hard," Favre said in a story that appeared on the paper's Web site on Tuesday. "I'm sure mentally, I would be refreshed. I'd be away from it for a long time. But mentally versus physically, the last thing I'd want to do is go up and it's 'Oh this is great' and all that stuff and me be excited and then just flop.

"You just can't show up and play."

There has been a steady flow of speculation that Favre would have a change of heart in the wake of the March 4 announcement the league's only three-time MVP was retiring.

"I guess the best response would be, right now no," he said of a possible return to the game.

Favre added he would not return unless he was in shape.

"It would be hard to go up there at 38. It was hard to stay in shape. I say that, I worked out and I worked out hard," he said. "Week in and week out, I was just drained. Finally, for the first time, I felt, not that 38 is old, but I looked around at practice and these guys are bouncing around. And I practiced every day and all the time people would ask me ... `How do you do it? Inside I'm saying, 'I have no idea.' It's a struggle."

the road goes on forever and the party never ends

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just Favre talking a little loose again, which he's been doing for years, but I really wish he would not say stuff like this. It could be a bit of a distraction for the team. Especially if one of the players is asked about it and says something like, "Hell yeah, we'd love to have him back."

I expect Favre to take a little heat for saying this, and if he does, it will be partially deserved.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's never been one to hold back how he feels. And many take advantage of that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It's just Favre talking a little loose again, which he's been doing for years, but I really wish he would not say stuff like this. It could be a bit of a distraction for the team. Especially if one of the players is asked about it and says something like, "Hell yeah, we'd love to have him back."

I didn't even think of that. Great point. Sigh.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Point taken, cheesey. I don't think Favre has any ulterior motive for saying this, and I don't think it's a big deal. But part of being professional is that you don't always say how you feel. Sometimes it's best to just keep it under your hat. He has to know that some people are going to jump all over a statement like this, fairly or not.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have no problem with BF saying he might like to be an NFL QB perhaps again but i dont want him mentoining the Packers no more. When you make your bed you have to sleep in it.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aww c'mon Tiger - admit you'd love it! Remember how the fans and the media went ga ga over the store of Vinny Testaverde watching the games one week on his sofa and starting for (Carolina?) the next?

Not that I'd wish for the circumstances of course but the guy has earned the respect of being allowed the statement...none of this "made your bed" BS

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look... he knew the situation that Aaron was gonna be "falling" into. If he thought the situation was that great, then he shouldnt have retired in the first place.

I love Brett Favre.. Love him. But just because he played here 17 years... doesnt mean he can waffle back and forth and keep making statements that could potentially cause turmoil.

He retired. He knew the consequences of retirement. If he didnt like them, he shouldnt have done it. Now i feel like him coming back would hurt more than help.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't there some types of mini camps soon? Like the "Qb college" or whatever MM puts on?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like he called a press conf and announced that he'd be sitting by the phone for McCarthy to call. He simply told a reporter (when asked mind you) that he'd find it difficult not to accept the challenge if asked.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like he called a press conf and announced that he'd be sitting by the phone for McCarthy to call. He simply told a reporter (when asked mind you) that he'd find it difficult not to accept the challenge if asked.

Yeah, about 10 days after saying "Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired."

But it's all good, in a week, Favre will say he's definitely retired, and to move on and focus on the other good QBs like peyton.

Then in a month after the draft, they'll "trick him" into saying something about wanting to play.

Getting kind of old, is all.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's getting kind of old is that people keep posting this stuff...give it up!! he's retired, he's gonna STAY retired. no, it doesn't "help" that he makes some of these comments but only because people are clinging to the hope that he'll return & he's not. i KNOW he's not cuz his mothers sisters garbage man told my half cousin from mississippi so!!! ;)

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, what doesn't help is people that keep posting in those "he'll be back" threads...oh...wait...nevermind :lol:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Which one is better?

This thread??

Or

This thread?

Hard to say...they both have the same freaking article in it

Can we MERGE these 2? Or delete then one of them

GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, what doesn't help is people that keep posting in those "he'll be back" threads...oh...wait...nevermind :lol:

If only there were a mod that would not let these repeat threads happen.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's getting kind of old is that people keep posting this stuff...give it up!! he's retired, he's gonna STAY retired. no, it doesn't "help" that he makes some of these comments but only because people are clinging to the hope that he'll return & he's not. i KNOW he's not cuz his mothers sisters garbage man told my half cousin from mississippi so!!! ;)

It's kind of like when a really hot girl that you've been dating for awhile gives you the Evil Words. At first, you're in denial and you play it off like everything's cool. Then she gives you the Evil Words B and you're like, well, this relationship is changing a little, but you're adaptable so you continue like it's all good.

Denial. We all have it in us, although some more than others.

So, anyways, Brett Favre might be coming back? Cool! :cool:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Point taken, cheesey. I don't think Favre has any ulterior motive for saying this, and I don't think it's a big deal. But part of being professional is that you don't always say how you feel. Sometimes it's best to just keep it under your hat. He has to know that some people are going to jump all over a statement like this, fairly or not.

Yup! He probably said to himself, "oh no! What did I say? That could be taken the wrong way". Reporters love to twist stuff around and make more of something than there should be.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand all this talk about Favre distracting the team. First some people were up in arms because Favre didn't hand in his retirement papers (Which TT has says makes no difference to their plans). Then some people are up in arms because he might consider coming back if Aaron Rodgers got hurt. Then the Packers are retiring Favre's # and this is going to distract Rodgers.

NFL players are paid millions of dollars to go play a game. If you are distracted by something like this, I sure hope your not on my favourite team. Go out and play the game. Why would anyone on this team even care what a retired player is saying. Go out and win, thats it.

I don't get this view that Favre has to watch what he says. He's a grown man. He's NOT a GB Packer. He can say whatever he wants. He doesn't owe the Packers or us a THING. He went out there and played with broken bones and concussions and personal tragedy. He's earned the right to say whatever he wants, he's RETIRED. If the Packers are actually the team I think they are, they are not going to be distracted by what Favre says or doesn't say. He was the scapegoat for so many for Packers losing in the NFC Championsihp and I'll bet he will some how be the scapegoat if the Packers get off to a slow start ("It's because they retired Favre's # and the team couldn't concentrate!" - That sounds insane to me). You get paid millions of dollars, go out and play. If Rodgers is the QB that I hope he is, I would assume he can go on the field and shut down "distractions" and perform. If he can't handle the pressure of a number retirement ceremony, how is going to handle the pressure of a full NFL season - he's going to be fine.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention how nathaniel jumped down my throat for even suggesting that due to Favre's press conference I got the impression that he would come back if Aaron Rodgers was injured in training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts