Monday Packers press conference 11-3-08

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Here are a few newsworthy items from coach Mike McCarthy's day-after media conference:

* On not kicking the field goal late in regulation: "My heart told me to kick the field goal. My head told me to punt. We did not do the little things to get off the field."

* On red-zone issues: Disappointed with production. "We had a number of minus decision down there. We need to do a better job of taking what the defense gives us, staying within the offense. But our decision-making was poor as a whole in the red zone, and it factored in the outcome of a number of those series."

* The decision on WR James Jones being inactive came down to special teams. When healthy, lot of tough decisions.

* On CB Al Harris' performance: Played very well. Wasn't really tested.

* On LT Chad Clifton: Will be back next week. Fully intend for him to practice Wednesday and be ready for Sunday.

* On Daryn Colledge's performance in Clifton's place: "We graded him out as a winning performance."

* On DE Michael Montgomery: Tough guy, had a couple of contain issues but responded well after them.

* On RB Ryan Grant's health: He took a couple of shots on his hand. Wanted to get him 25 carries. Number of checks out of run plays cost him some opportunities. One of his better days.

* On DT Justin Harrell's performance: "He was OK. The one big run, he ... gets cut off from his gap responsibility. ... I thought he played better in the pass than the run." Liked having four-tackle rotation. Thought that helped.

* On why Jarrett Bush wasn't out there for the final field goal after tipping the first: Charles Woodson took his spot. Bush was waved off. "That's the decision we made."

* On Aaron Rodgers' shoulder: "Fine. He's sore. But I anticipate him practicing on Wednesday, and as far as what his pitch count will be, that will be something that will be determined Wednesday morning."

* On Rodgers' fourth-down throws: Doesn't agree with Jermichael Finley's comment that the throw shouldn't have been to his back shoulder. Finley had a poor release, was too high. Practice that play all the time. On drag slant to Jennings, didn't like the route. "I'd put them on execution. I'm fine with the calls."

* On the sacks, any of it Rodgers' fault? Ball should have been out on sack/fumble play, because the Titans brought pressure.

That's it for now.

Members online

Latest posts