Monday Night Football

tapupartforpres

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack fans.

I don't know if anyone caught the game last night. I was at the game here in Cleveland and as a Browns fan I am embarrassed. 99 passing yards. I am not sure if anyone was able to see the play calling on offense, but it was horrendous. For the sake of seeing good football being played, please help out the Browns fans and sign this petition to fire Brian Daboll, their offensive coordinator. Thanks for your help.

Fire Brian Daboll Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

jofroh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack fans.

I don't know if anyone caught the game last night. I was at the game here in Cleveland and as a Browns fan I am embarrassed. 99 passing yards. I am not sure if anyone was able to see the play calling on offense, but it was horrendous. For the sake of seeing good football being played, please help out the Browns fans and sign this petition to fire Brian Daboll, their offensive coordinator. Thanks for your help.

Fire Brian Daboll Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]
Son your team has problems on offence that go far beyond the OC You do need a QB to throw the ball first Sorry

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady can throw the ball but is the offense is sync with each other? I saw so many bad routes and horrible ball placement to last a season.

OP
OP
T

tapupartforpres

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree

Son your team has problems on offence that go far beyond the OC You do need a QB to throw the ball first Sorry

Dude I was at the game and I was able to guess 70% of the plays and direction. Imagine what a coach can do. It was pretty funny. Put Quinn on say the Pack, he plays way better. I am not saying he is Montana, I am just saying we are competitive with a new Offensive Coordinator.

p.s. Mind you Derrick Anderson was a Pro-Bowler 2 years ago. It's the coordinator

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not the OC alone. Your HC is ludicrous, and your front office is null. Your team just doesn't have much talent. As a ND fan, Quinn can be a great QB, but he needs the right system. With only rookie Wrs and a PR as his targets, you won't get any offense anytime soon. With Jamal Lewis old, you don't get a Feature RB. You have a decent OL, but the interior is inexperienced. ---------------- Unfortunately, because I sympatize with the original franchises, your problems aren't solvable this year. Maybe next year, with some quality drafting (something didn't happen this year) and with agressive FA, your team can rebound. But even then, considering you play in the AFC North, it'll be though to clinch a playoff spot. ---------------- IMHO, Mangini was THE worst coaching hire in recent history, if not all time, and until you get rid of him, nothing will change. I mean, that fine for that hotel room thing, are you kidding me?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Quinn would be fine had he:

A) Been named the starter from day 1 and took all the number one reps, and

B) Continued to play as the starter the entire season, rather than be benched because they didn't want to pay his contract escalators.

When you lack continuity, it makes it tough to build relationships with your receivers. They *knew* Derek Anderson wasn't going to be able to get it done, so why play him?

Plus your head coach has alienated that team, and I fear even alienated future free agents and prospects. Cleveland deserves better, but unfortunately I think it's going to be a while.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you take a look at the Browns, with all their problems on offense, how close could we be there right now if TT had not drafted A-rod. We could be placing all our eggs in the hands of the likes of Brohm and Flynn or an Alex Smith type.

You can say what you want about TT (most of it is warranted), but that pick was huge at the time. At least TT has not put us in the position of the Browns.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you take a look at the Browns, with all their problems on offense, how close could we be there right now if TT had not drafted A-rod. We could be placing all our eggs in the hands of the likes of Brohm and Flynn or an Alex Smith type.

You can say what you want about TT (most of it is warranted), but that pick was huge at the time. At least TT has not put us in the position of the Browns.

True, and you make a great point. Not only was that pick huge, but I think it was also needed. Favre was a couple years into the will he/won't he bit, so we needed a guy we could hopefully turn the keys over to. Plus, IIRC, Rodgers was considered by many to be a top pick in that draft. Having him fall to us late in the first round gave us a chance to get what many thought was a high value pick for a discount.

No, things aren't perfect now, but I think they'll get better. Lang and Barbre are still rookies, with Lang showing tremendous promise.

As for the Browns, I think they need to blow their front office up, starting with Mangini and start over. Couldn't do any worse.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the byproduct of the NFL's Good Ol' Boy Network. Few owners attempt to think outside the box in terms of hiring coaches and all that happens is **** POOR coaches like Mangenius simply get recycled after tanking their prior gigs.

It's a joke. You'd think with 17% un/underemployment, the creme would somehow rise to the top in the NFL.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the byproduct of the NFL's Good Ol' Boy Network. Few owners attempt to think outside the box in terms of hiring coaches and all that happens is **** POOR coaches like Mangenius simply get recycled after tanking their prior gigs.

It's a joke. You'd think with 17% un/underemployment, the creme would somehow rise to the top in the NFL.
And it's not like Mangini did even a decent job in NY. Well, maybe in his first year, but it was downhill from there...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it's not like Mangini did even a decent job in NY. Well, maybe in his first year, but it was downhill from there...

It's maddening, isn't it?!?!? Mangini is really nothing more than a modern day version of the wild west's snake oil salesman.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont know about Quinn... His deep throws last night were just horrible, I think he went deep three or four times and they were no where even close to a receiver.... The Browns have problems, and are really out of sync... I dont even know where to begin with the Offense...

I thought it was pretty cool that they tried to get some wild cat going :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Politics?

Holy ballz - I didn't even notice it was the closet communist?!?! When I Googled the images - I selected the first one that appeared to look like I'd expect a Snake Oil salesman backdrop to look like - wild!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy ballz - I didn't even notice it was the closet communist?!?! When I Googled the images - I selected the first one that appeared to look like I'd expect a Snake Oil salesman backdrop to look like - wild!!!
I'm not even from USA, so I couldn't care less about Democrats or Republicans. Both have basically the same approach to foreign politics.

I just find it a little taboo to mix football with politics. Actually, I find it extremely complicated to mix politics with anything...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm not even from USA, so I couldn't care less about Democrats or Republicans. Both have basically the same approach to foreign politics.
(...)

If you had watched the Bush administration - then the Clinton administration ... - You would realize there is a HUGE difference in how each "side" views and approaches "Foreign Politics" ... None of them have the "same approach" ...

And I won't even go into the Obama administration ...

*And I'm not from the States either ..., however even I can see the difference ...*

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you had watched the Bush administration - then the Clinton administration ... - You would realize there is a HUGE difference in how each "side" views and approaches "Foreign Politics" ... None of them have the "same approach" ...

And I won't even go into the Obama administration ...

*And I'm not from the States either ..., however even I can see the difference ...*
Not for Brazil, really... I mean, every time there's an election, there's usually a lot of debate over here about that exact topic. And it's allways said that they're both very protective and nationalists. They won't back don't from any incentive they put on the products, nor will they reduce the taxes to foreign products, which are the main points that affect Brazil's economy.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really Hauschild? You're gonna try to mix in some politics to show your strong beliefs when it was definitely unnecessary.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really Hauschild? You're gonna try to mix in some politics to show your strong beliefs when it was definitely unnecessary.

Actually, not at all. I didn't pay attention to the caricature of the salesman - the overall appearance was what I was after. It's probably because I enjoy westerns and that's where I first learned of these types of characters.

When I get to posting, I proceed like a madman and post from thread to thread in order and don't usually read what I wrote until others post in the thread.

At any rate, who the character being portrayed in the picture isn't relevant to my argument which was that Mangenius has made a fortune selling crap and how do guys like this continue to find employment in the NFL??? It's unreal.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad then. I thought you were trying to make a different statement with posting that Obama picture.

Members online

Latest posts