MM urges Favre to return, to have fun and not worry about FA

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know..

I kind of agree with this..

But I think the past 6 bitter and frustrating years with Sherman and Rossley, and now last year..have left Favre a little angry and frustrated with the situation at Green Bay..

and now he knows his years are limited and is not sure that he's wanted in GB by TT...
(and you know that's "On the record..")

The thing is..can MM get BF to believe this?

It's wishful thinking on MM's part...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good point. Shermans tenure would be enough to lose faith in ANY General Manager. lol.

MM supposedly talks to favre about every other day. MM is using the press to his advantage pleading with Favre to come back.

Lets hope it works. lets hope favre returns, and some good FA pickups are made, and good kids are drafted.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good works my McCarthy.. I'm starting to like him a little more. That's exactly what a good coach would say.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yes... See Brett come back dont worry about having no guards and no one to throw the ball besides Driver and maybe Gardner, have fun while a 300+ pound OL comes after you, have fun when you get sacked,,, well dont worry if you end up in IR because we have a thigthwad GM who wont spend in a couple of FA...

Come back for the fun of it..

Man is he stupid or what???? YES BRETT MUST WORRY ABOUT THE KIND OF HELP HE WILL HAVE IN GREEN BAY, he will be acting irresponsible if not.

What a jerk MM is!!! Why dont you put on pads and get behing that offensive offensive line that we have now MM or maybe get TT to play QB and feel the heat in there.

It is like asking a SWAT officer to come on and face a bunch of outlaws wearing just a T Shirt, and not worry about armored protection, just for the fun of it,,,, hillarious....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MM urges Favre to return, to have fun and not worry abou

Chamuko said:
Well yes... See Brett come back dont worry about having no guards and no one to throw the ball besides Driver and maybe Gardner, have fun while a 300+ pound OL comes after you, have fun when you get sacked,,, well dont worry if you end up in IR because we have a thigthwad GM who wont spend in a couple of FA...

Come back for the fun of it..

Man is he stupid or what???? YES BRETT MUST WORRY ABOUT THE KIND OF HELP HE WILL HAVE IN GREEN BAY, he will be acting irresponsible if not.

What a jerk MM is!!! Why dont you put on pads and get behing that offensive offensive line that we have now MM or maybe get TT to play QB and feel the heat in there.

It is like asking a SWAT officer to come on and face a bunch of outlaws wearing just a T Shirt, and not worry about armored protection, just for the fun of it,,,, hillarious....

:bs:

and why would an OL come after brett?

Favre has no choice in what people he has to play with. He is not the coach or GM. Thats what he needs to understand. IF he has faith in those 2 guys, come back. If not, retire, and enjoy a HoF post-career. I'll love him either way.

what a jerk MM is? are you ****ing kidding me?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$hit to much tequila today, thats true, I mean DL, DE, evean a big safety or a nice sized LB !!!

No I am not Kidding you Trom, I really wish MM would have the balls to stand instead of Brett whit the kind of Oline that we have now specially the guards...

Have a safe and good weekend I am over and out to party tonight !!! My wife will drive.....

Hopefully we will have good news by monday or tuesday,,, whatever !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a rookie coach, you expect his first move to call out brett favre? yeah, im sure he'd have a job the next week.

he is trying to let favre do his thing, but it seems management doesnt want to wait anymore(rightfully so)

so instead of giving a deadline, which MM says there never was, he is inviting favre to come back, have fun, and let MM\TT worry about surrounding him with talent.

Because if Favre stays or retires, he has no choice in who he plays with.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Up to now, TT has impressed NO ONE with his use of FA. No one! I highly doubt that Favre has been favorably impressed either...and he's the guy who will be forced to run out of the pocket on passing downs. No wonder he is undecided. He can also see that the little real talent that is left to cherry-pick won't be much help. I'd love to think that TT knows something no other GM out there knows...but that's wishful thinking.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
should he get the good FA guards that dont exist?

Well said. What we have to understand that there are no real guards left to sign that i am aware of unless we trade. I am sure that TT is a aware of the fact that our OL needs help at the LG position. He still has plenty of time and the June 1st cuts and the draft to work with.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Brett could come back to have fun!!! But hes not having fun if hes running for his life everytime he steps onto the field. Hes a very competitive person, and if he cant compete with some good team players then forget it. It becomes NOT fun anymore.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heatherthepackgirl said:
Yes Brett could come back to have fun!!! But hes not having fun if hes running for his life everytime he steps onto the field. Hes a very competitive person, and if he cant compete with some good team players then forget it. It becomes NOT fun anymore.

we know that, tt\mm know that, they are saying 'we know its bad, let US worry about that, thats OUR job, you're the QB, you do YOUR job, and we will do OUR best to help YOU do YOUR job"

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

tromadz said:
we know that, tt\mm know that, they are saying 'we know its bad, let US worry about that, thats OUR job, you're the QB, you do YOUR job, and we will do OUR best to help YOU do YOUR job"

So now you are admitting that things are bad?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be kind of worried about this 1 year thing. I know it's what Favre said and what I've suspected all along. However, when he says he'll be back and this year will be his last (yes, I think he'll say that - - eventually) can you imagine the added distractions that is going to bring? Every road opponent is going to want to present him with something and honor him before the game yada yada. Not to mention all the network and local interviews before EVERY game.

NOT that he doesn't deserve every minute of it - but it's going to be a huge distraction for him as well as the rest of the team.

Just throwing that out. They'll have to deal with it somehow. Only way out is if he announced he'd be back for 2 yrs but then announced retirement at the end of '06. Of course that would have the "will he or won't he" question all season - but he's used to that!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackinSteel said:
I'd be kind of worried about this 1 year thing. I know it's what Favre said and what I've suspected all along. However, when he says he'll be back and this year will be his last (yes, I think he'll say that - - eventually) can you imagine the added distractions that is going to bring? Every road opponent is going to want to present him with something and honor him before the game yada yada. Not to mention all the network and local interviews before EVERY game.

NOT that he doesn't deserve every minute of it - but it's going to be a huge distraction for him as well as the rest of the team.

Just throwing that out. They'll have to deal with it somehow. Only way out is if he announced he'd be back for 2 yrs but then announced retirement at the end of '06. Of course that would have the "will he or won't he" question all season - but he's used to that!

Good could come from it as well. Maybe the rest of the Packers will play with a lot of care and give there all for him. He is well respected.. Time will tell though.. I hope he comes back...and I'm sure every Packer fan does as well.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
giving fair notice of retirement, in any profession, is pretty standard. wouldn't be a big deal. yeah, it could be extra motivation for his teammates to deliver, and i think it will be LESS of a distraction than if he hadn't announced that, since we won't have the same "will her or won't he" hoopla that we're having right now. then we'll all have to find something new to talk about.

Members online

Latest posts