MM Press Conference

Reaction score
A couple things:
#1....Is it hard for you to understand some of the questions the reporters are asking in the background?
It seems when MM is answering or commenting, I try to figure out the question being ask in the room.
This is 2018, the times of cordless mics, why don't they use them?

#2....Also, many times when a group of players are coming off of injury's and getting ready for the next big game, MM always sounds excited that everything is right with the world.
I say: "Hell most times these players haven't played or practiced together for weeks", nice to get them back, but how can anyone get excited?

Your Thoughts!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped listening to Fat Mike last season, it's just painful and a waste of time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts? Why listen? No good coach is going to tip his hand on anything important. No good coach is going to use these to publicly humiliate players. The best you can hope for is we need to play better or praise. If the mood If the locker room sucks what do think he’s going to say? If he knows player A isn’t what he should be, saying so in a presser accomplishes nothing. Like people blasting co-workers in Facebook. Pointless.

And if you think he’s a terrible coach, why listen anyway? Anybody not excited to coach or play for GB on a week to week basis regardless of the outlook probably should t be here.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I stopped listening to Fat Mike last season, it's just painful and a waste of time.
We are soooo screwed the year, watch us against the Rams Sunday to see why.
My thoughts? Why listen? No good coach is going to tip his hand on anything important. No good coach is going to use these to publicly humiliate players. The best you can hope for is we need to play better or praise. If the mood If the locker room sucks what do think he’s going to say? If he knows player A isn’t what he should be, saying so in a presser accomplishes nothing. Like people blasting co-workers in Facebook. Pointless.

And if you think he’s a terrible coach, why listen anyway? Anybody not excited to coach or play for GB on a week to week basis regardless of the outlook probably should t be here.

Your right.
Now that you mention it, it is all sugar coated and a waste of time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always right, that's what I try to tell you guys every day

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I occasionally listen to McCarthy's pressers depending upon the situation.

I always listen to Rodgers' pressers because I like to know what his perspective on the team is. He's brutally honest for the most part and actually provides some insight into certain players who are performing well and such.

If you don't listen to Rodgers' pressers, you might miss small nuggets like "I feel like we can run the table".

Always stay ahead of the game. :tup:

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple things:
#1....Is it hard for you to understand some of the questions the reporters are asking in the background?
It seems when MM is answering or commenting, I try to figure out the question being ask in the room.
This is 2018, the times of cordless mics, why don't they use them?

Your Thoughts!

Exactly...Have mics for the questioners.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like Rodgers pressers and I like to hear it right from his mouth to get perspective and not a journalists spin.

H

HardRightEdge

Not giving anything away is clearly to the point.

As for the rest, I give your comments a conditional agree. Every once in awhile he'll surprise in calling out a guy for needing to play better. Spriggs was a target last season. Sometimes the player can be inferred from a criticism where names are not named. But, yeah, it's uncommon enough that I don't make a point of watching those press conferences.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I do like Rodgers pressers and I like to hear it right from his mouth to get perspective and not a journalists spin.
I miss Ted Thompson’s rare press conferences. I found them absolutely fascinating. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts