Misc info

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
October 23rd of last year was the last time Brett went the whole game with out throwing a INT.

Greg Jennings is from Kalamazoo, MI.

Ahman Green topped the 10,000 yard mark for career yards.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
October 23rd of last year was the last time Brett went the whole game with out throwing a INT.

How far is Ahman behind Taylor for Green Bay's rushing title?

I think he is by far the most underated super star we have ever put on the field. I know he has killed us with fumbles, but for a five year stretch he was the best in the game, and the best thing about him was that he never *****ed about his contract.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

I think he is by far the most underated super star we have ever put on the field. I know he has killed us with fumbles, but for a five year stretch he was the best in the game, and the best thing about him was that he never *****ed about his contract.

1. J.Taylor 1,811 yards 8,207 avg 4.5 years 9
2. A.Green 1,544 yards 7,103 avg 4.6 years 6

1104 yards behind not to sure how current that stat is...came from packers.com however

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Ahmad Carroll wikipedia-

In his first year in the NFL, Carroll never met expectations in Green Bay and could never quite fill the shoes of disgruntled Mike McKenzie, often drawing penalities for illegal contact. Coach Sherman and defensive coordinator Jim Bates made example of Carroll in the 2005 minicamps for his excessive and illegal physical contact on receivers. After going through unique and embarrassing exercises such as play with boxing gloves to reduce illegal contact, Joey Thomas seemed to be the prime candidate to lower Carroll on the depth chart and become Green Bay's starting corner come the 2005 season. However, that opportunity never really materialized, as Thomas was injured in training camp and only ended up starting in place of Carroll for one game. Carroll is nicknamed 'Highway 28' and 'Grabby Smurf' for the way receivers tend to have their way with him and how it uses illegal contact to slow them down.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another bit of interesting info.

So far this weekend (not including what happens tonight), the home team has lost 10 of 13 games. So much for home field advantage.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

Not to stop you dead in your tracks but....

Superstars dont put the ball on the ground over and over and over. I'd rather have Edgar Bennett getting 3.7 yards per carry and not fumbling over Ahman and his 4.2. But no doubt, the guy is a top 10 RB in the league with the ball IN his hands. If he was the best in the league or top 2, i could deal with some of his fumbles, but he definitely isnt good enough to fumble as much as he does. A running game is and allways has been a product of the offensive line and good play calling. The running back for the most part just reaps the rewards of this. See Emmit Smith. :) The only player in history who you could say this wasnt the case was Barry Sanders. Please, no Reggie Bush comments. I dont want to vomit all over my newly cleaned shirt.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

Superstars dont put the ball on the ground over and over and over. I'd rather have Edgar Bennett getting 3.7 yards per carry and not fumbling over Ahman and his 4.2. But no doubt, the guy is a top 10 RB in the league with the ball IN his hands. If he was the best in the league or top 2, i could deal with some of his fumbles, but he definitely isnt good enough to fumble as much as he does. A running game is and allways has been a product of the offensive line and good play calling. The running back for the most part just reaps the rewards of this. See Emmit Smith. :) The only player in history who you could say this wasnt the case was Barry Sanders. Please, no Reggie Bush comments. I dont want to vomit all over my newly cleaned shirt.

Z for a five year period, he was the top all purpose back in football in yardage. I just think we as Packer fans rip on him for fumbling a little too much, and we don't appreciate what he has done for our football team. If you were to take his amount of touches vs fumbles, I am sure his fumbling problem has been exagerrated.

Yes Z, he benefitted from a good o-line blowing holes open, but he also was/is a punishing runner that d-backs would just as soon Sharpier tackle as stick their shoulder pads in. Green is a rare back with the speed/power package.

Your comment on Edgar is noted and is a good point, but Edgar didn't have too many 30+ yard gains like Ahman has. Edgar was never a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Z for a five year period, he was the top all purpose back in football in yardage. I just think we as Packer fans rip on him for fumbling a little too much, and we don't appreciate what he has done for our football team. If you were to take his amount of touches vs fumbles, I am sure his fumbling problem has been exagerrated.

Yes Z, he benefitted from a good o-line blowing holes open, but he also was/is a punishing runner that d-backs would just as soon Sharpier tackle as stick their shoulder pads in. Green is a rare back with the speed/power package.

Your comment on Edgar is noted and is a good point, but Edgar didn't have too many 30+ yard gains like Ahman has. Edgar was never a threat to score from anywhere on the field.
Not exactly sure why this was directed to me but I'll bite.

2000 to 2004 to be specific were the years he was the leading all purpose yard getter!!

His fumbling problem happens in the first 6 or games then doesn't fumble hardly at all if at all for the rest of the year which dillude his fumble per carry ratio.

Ahman is a good back, but I wouldn't call him rare because of his speed power ratio, I would call him rare because of his running ability that you mentioned coupled with his receiving skills an blocking skills.

I'm assuming the Edgar comment is towards someone else because I didn't mention him at all lol

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DakotaT said:

2000 to 2004 to be specific were the years he was the leading all purpose yard getter!!

His fumbling problem happens in the first 6 or games then doesn't fumble hardly at all if at all for the rest of the year which dillude his fumble per carry ratio.

Ahman is a good back, but I wouldn't call him rare because of his speed power ratio, I would call him rare because of his running ability that you mentioned coupled with his receiving skills an blocking skills.

I'm assuming the Edgar comment is towards someone else because I didn't mention him at all lol
My bad bud, it was for flapackfan!

Nice video yesterday, I was up late last night.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
My bad bud, it was for flapackfan!

Nice video yesterday, I was up late last night.

Np ... i was thinking that but thought id offer my two cents... you know me always willing ;)

Thanks. I watched it again jus a bit ago and I really like watching Brett jump around. I almost used that song in there lol ..

House of Pain - Jump Around ...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
flapackfan said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

Ahman's stats according to NFL.com

Ahman Green

Interesting notes:

Seattle traded Ahman here because of his "fumbling problems" because he had fumbled 3 times and lost 2 in 2 years (64 touches).

I do not think that Ahman has been as terrible with the ball in his hands as everyone seems to think. I think everyone bought into the idea that he is a fumbler and it has stuck to him.

In his career, Ahman has had 1984 touches and fumbled 36 times -- losing 23. That averages a fumble every 55 touches and losing one out of every 86 over his career.

Last season, he had 96 touches and fumbled once - which the Packers recovered.

Historically, Ahman is the man that you wanted to have the ball in his hands in the 4th Quarter because he has normally gotten a large portion of his yardage late in the game. Whether that is because the other teams are worn down by our formally impressive line or are playing subs or just because we were running out the clock, he has been the go-to guy.

So far this season, he has 75 touches with 3 fumbles (losing 2). More than saying he is washed-up, I would say to give him some time. He only had a couple of weeks of training camp so this is really only his 4th or 5th game back so he may be experiencing a little rust -- plus learning a new blocking system and having a practically new line learning it with him. Give him till mid-season and see if his numbers are more in line with his career stats.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
From the Ahmad Carroll wikipedia-

In his first year in the NFL, Carroll never met expectations in Green Bay and could never quite fill the shoes of disgruntled Mike McKenzie, often drawing penalities for illegal contact. Coach Sherman and defensive coordinator Jim Bates made example of Carroll in the 2005 minicamps for his excessive and illegal physical contact on receivers. After going through unique and embarrassing exercises such as play with boxing gloves to reduce illegal contact, Joey Thomas seemed to be the prime candidate to lower Carroll on the depth chart and become Green Bay's starting corner come the 2005 season. However, that opportunity never really materialized, as Thomas was injured in training camp and only ended up starting in place of Carroll for one game. Carroll is nicknamed 'Highway 28' and 'Grabby Smurf' for the way receivers tend to have their way with him and how it uses illegal contact to slow them down.

its because of matieral like that wikipedia.com is the best website on the Net. :lol:

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
DakotaT said:
flapackfan said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

Ahman's stats according to NFL.com

Ahman Green

Interesting notes:

Seattle traded Ahman here because of his "fumbling problems" because he had fumbled 3 times and lost 2 in 2 years (64 touches).

I do not think that Ahman has been as terrible with the ball in his hands as everyone seems to think. I think everyone bought into the idea that he is a fumbler and it has stuck to him.

In his career, Ahman has had 1984 touches and fumbled 36 times -- losing 23. That averages a fumble every 55 touches and losing one out of every 86 over his career.

Last season, he had 96 touches and fumbled once - which the Packers recovered.

Historically, Ahman is the man that you wanted to have the ball in his hands in the 4th Quarter because he has normally gotten a large portion of his yardage late in the game. Whether that is because the other teams are worn down by our formally impressive line or are playing subs or just because we were running out the clock, he has been the go-to guy.

So far this season, he has 75 touches with 3 fumbles (losing 2). More than saying he is washed-up, I would say to give him some time. He only had a couple of weeks of training camp so this is really only his 4th or 5th game back so he may be experiencing a little rust -- plus learning a new blocking system and having a practically new line learning it with him. Give him till mid-season and see if his numbers are more in line with his career stats.

nice post!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DakotaT said:

First of all, Ahman is not a rare talent. He has good speed and has a knack for getting the extra yards. I could name AT LEAST 10 other guys with the same ability. Sean Alexander, Fred Taylor, LT, McGahee, Curtis Martin, Ricky Williams, Jamal Lewis, Edge, Priest Holmes, Brian Westbrook, Portis, Steven Jackson, Deuce. Ok thats 14 and there are more guys out there who can do it too.

As far as his amazing receiving skills. I totally disagree. Marshal Faulk, Reggie Bush and Westbrook are examples of running backs who are good at receiving. What Ahman does very well is catch a screen pass or dump off underneath and make extra yards. Im not saying thats a bad thing but lets not kid ourselves. he's not a good receiver. In fact, in my opinion, his receiving hands are average and maybe somewhat below average. Ive never seen him make great catches down the field.

I dont mean to trash the guy but i think we need to find another back as soon as possible like tomorrow. I was one of his biggest supporters for years but last week just made me realize how many times he has let the team down in the past. What good is it if you get 120 yards if you fumble near your own endzone and let the other team score a touchdown. Your 120 yard game means nothing at that point. I think he did that vs the Saints and then we had a hole too big to climb out of. Then he almost cost us the game twice yesterday. I mean really, how much is too much?
I dont know about you but every time he gets tackled in a key situation(near our goal line or opponents goal line) or during a key drive, the only thing going through my mind is please dont fumble.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The first line couldn't have been towards me so I am not sure why quote me.

I read the first line of the next paragraph and seen Bush referenced as a good receiving RB while implying Ahman is below them. After that I knew there was no need to read further and to go to bed for work tomorrow. ;)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:

Payton didn't have an OL until his last years. He didn't have a QB that could take some heat off of him either until his last years.

Other than that, I agree with what you said.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And by the way, i am pulling for the guy. He is still a Packer and he has very good talent. If we can play relatively mistake free football, we can make a playoff run regardless who the halfback is. I mean really. Just take 2 minutes to look at all the teams in the league. You will find that there are around 15 " superstar" running backs and around 25 "big name" running backs. Its a joke. Its all marketing.

For example, the "best" running back in the league right now is suposedly Sean Alexander. Ask yourself this, if you replaced him last year behind that offensive line with Deuce McAlister, do you think the dropoff would have been that great. Obviously not. The talent level at the position is virtually equal with some exceptions like LT and Jamal Lewis when he has good blocking. Other than those two, the rest of the backs in the league just seem like they are all the same. Maybe one is a little better or different, but not significant.

Anyway, Green must stop fumbling or leave town. That was my point :)

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I read the first line of the next paragraph and seen Bush referenced as a good receiving RB while implying Ahman is below them. After that I knew there was no need to read further and to go to bed for work tomorrow. ;)

You can disput it all you want but ive seen Reggie make at least 3 catches in 3 games that i dont remember Green ever making. He can catch the ball on a screen or dump off but really, thats not hard to do. He's great at running after the catch though. I'd take him over most others in the leage in regards to that. That still doesnt make him a "receiver". A receiver brings an extra dimension to the offense. Reggie Bush does that, Westbrook in Philly does that, Marshal Faulk did that. Green does not, never has and never will do that.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Zero2Cool said:

You can disput it all you want but ive seen Reggie make at least 3 catches in 3 games that i dont remember Green ever making. He can catch the ball on a screen or dump off but really, thats not hard to do. He's great at running after the catch though. I'd take him over most others in the leage in regards to that. That still doesnt make him a "receiver". A receiver brings an extra dimension to the offense. Reggie Bush does that, Westbrook in Philly does that, Marshal Faulk did that. Green does not, never has and never will do that.

Comparing a proven vet to a rookie with not even a half season under his belt is ... in my opinion foolish.

There has been a lot of flash in the pan running backs who could catch who fizzled out.

Let's see Bush do it for a few seasons in succession before we start putting him with Faulk for crying out lout. Geez.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
flapackfan said:
Zero2Cool said:

Comparing a proven vet to a rookie with not even a half season under his belt is ... in my opinion foolish.

There has been a lot of flash in the pan running backs who could catch who fizzled out.

Let's see Bush do it for a few seasons in succession before we start putting him with Faulk for crying out lout. Geez.

I hear you on that but i think Reggie will be alright barring injuries. He might not turn out to be Gayle Sayers but at worst he will be a very valuable part time back who can catch and make big plays like a mfker. I agree with you tho. I still have my doubts about him being the next Barry, Gale, or Marshal. His talent says that he is slightly better than the next best halfback in the league(LT) in terms of running with the ball in his hands. And his receiving skills are near the top of the league for his position.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
OMFG YOU DIDNT ... YOU DID NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT MENTION BARRY WITH A FREAKIN ROOKIE... no you didnt ... no way

jfc im gonna blow a gasket here wtf is ur problem!!! ;)