Mike Tice as the coach

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, appearing on a Green Bay radio show, said the Packers were interested in talking to fired Vikings coach Mike Tice, but Tice told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, had not said anything about the Packers’ inquiry.

"My agent has not made me aware that there’s been any contact with the Green Bay Packers," Tice said. "But I do know something is going on" with a team Tice refused to identify.

Just found this, even with my hate of the Vikings I kinda of like Tice as a coach. However he doesn't seem likely.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson will probably interview him, but don't read into it too much. He's interviewing pretty much everyone right now. He wants to make sure he hires the right guy.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interviewing Tice would give TT a pretty good idea of what he doesn't want in a coach. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ravage said:
Interviewing Tice would give TT a pretty good idea of what he doesn't want in a coach. :roll:

Don't laugh, that is important, if you don't know whats wrong its hard to know how to make it right.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
At least we would fulfill our requirement to interview a minority...the mentally retarded.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tice is the worst coach in all of football. Look at the talent he had on his team and look at how disgraceful they've played. He is literally the very last guy I'd want as my coach. I'd take Sherman back before taking Tice.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, appearing on a Green Bay radio show, said the Packers were interested in talking to fired Vikings coach Mike Tice, but Tice told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, had not said anything about the Packers’ inquiry.

"My agent has not made me aware that there’s been any contact with the Green Bay Packers," Tice said. "But I do know something is going on" with a team Tice refused to identify.

Just found this, even with my hate of the Vikings I kinda of like Tice as a coach. However he doesn't seem likely.

Uh Uh

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT is going to look far and wide, high and low for the next HC of the Green Bay Packers. He'll interview every available candidate to ensure he gets the right guy. I'm not sure this is the right approach because, as Cliff Christl said in his chat this afternoon, the last time someone tried this in Green Bay it resulted in Lindy Infante (Dear God), but TT's doing what he thinks is best given that this is the first time he has the ultimate responsibility for hiring the HC.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he already has someone ready to put in. It will be a show he'll be putting on to meet the regulations through the NFL interviewing process but mark my words, you don't get rid of someone unless you already have that spot taken care of. It will be interesting who he already has. He did know Mooch from the Packers days with all the Holgrem heros. Can you honestly believe that he'd fire a coach with no clue as to who he'll replace him with? No way. Someone became available or there was some behind the scene meetings, but he(TT) knows who will be the next HC already...and please, no more Cleveland personnel.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I think he already has someone ready to put in. It will be a show he'll be putting on to meet the regulations through the NFL interviewing process but mark my words, you don't get rid of someone unless you already have that spot taken care of. It will be interesting who he already has. He did know Mooch from the Packers days with all the Holgrem heros. Can you honestly believe that he'd fire a coach with no clue as to who he'll replace him with? No way. Someone became available or there was some behind the scene meetings, but he(TT) knows who will be the next HC already...and please, no more Cleveland personnel.

Just my opinion but I don't believe this is accurate at all. TT thinks MS is the wrong guy for the job and he'll interview many different candidates to find out who he feels is right for the job. I don't believe for a second he has the new coach just waiting for the interviewing "show" to be over so it can be announced...that would be too clever.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer forums everywhere will be in for some rough weeks before Vikings games from Vikings fans if Tice actually gets hired :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tice is the anti-Sherman. A player guy, emotional, but not great with the X and O playcalling. So...no. no meathead for us!@

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
calicheesehead said:

Just my opinion but I don't believe this is accurate at all. TT thinks MS is the wrong guy for the job and he'll interview many different candidates to find out who he feels is right for the job. I don't believe for a second he has the new coach just waiting for the interviewing "show" to be over so it can be announced...that would be too clever.
Not to mention against the antitampering rules of the NFL. Jerry Jones got in trouble for just alluding to TO during an interview.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interesting Tromadz....

Yet somehow he outcoached Sherman twice this year...

and once in the playoffs last year....hmmmm?

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Gravy!! That is the last person we want for our coach--Mike Tice. Besides, I heard him say in an interview he wants to stay in MN so his son can finish his senior year in Edina. I think I said this once before. Sorry for repeating myself.

Members online

Latest posts