The Final Lull....Key Dates As We Head Towards 2022 To Keep Eye On

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Reminds me of a certain situation going on in the world today. Nobody wants to push him to the brink, afraid that he just might go full tilt and send all of his ire our way and make the situation even worse. So we put up with his BS, knowing that if you have him in your corner, you are far better off than having to go against him.

I fully expect Rodgers to be a first time ballot HOF'er, but I don't think that history will paint a real favorable picture of his personality off the field. Packer fans will continue to adore him, the player, but if he ever choses to play for another team, especially after this year, I can see most Packer fans flipping on him.

I disagree, even my dislike for his 'divaness' (still cannot find a word for him I like) will fade with time and I'll chalk it up more and more as fame and fortune makes folks do and say and behave differently than perhaps they truly are. He will be remembered as an all time great, I think will have his name in the ring of honor quite quickly and be welcomed back at Lambeau Field as much as he desires to come back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I disagree, even my dislike for his 'divaness' (still cannot find a word for him I like) will fade with time and I'll chalk it up more and more as fame and fortune makes folks do and say and behave differently than perhaps they truly are. He will be remembered as an all time great, I think will have his name in the ring of honor quite quickly and be welcomed back at Lambeau Field as much as he desires to come back.
I think you misunderstood my statement or I said it wrong. He will be much like Favre. A guy that Packer fans love to hate. A great player on the field, but a guy they really didn't like off the field.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my statement or I said it wrong. He will be much like Favre. A guy that Packer fans love to hate. A great player on the field, but a guy they really didn't like off the field.

You'll have that for sure, but I honestly think many still view Favre's waffling grossly worse than Aaron's. Favre basically made a decision and then wanted to retract it without any fallout - Rodgers to his credit I truly believe will NEVER do that. He may choose to go elsewhere but he will never waffle once he says his decision.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You'll have that for sure, but I honestly think many still view Favre's waffling grossly worse than Aaron's. Favre basically made a decision and then wanted to retract it without any fallout - Rodgers to his credit I truly believe will NEVER do that. He may choose to go elsewhere but he will never waffle once he says his decision.
That will be up for debate and we may find out soon. One thing about Favre, it was never a question of playing for the Packers, it was just when to walk away from the game. I guess I was one of those fans that weren't that bothered by Favre, except for his infamous Richard tweet. I understood that fresh off a season, he thought he was done, but then after some rest and contemplation, decided he actually wasn't ready to walk away and wanted to play again for the Packers. What he did after the Packers traded him and he eventually ended up with the Vikings, I was actually smiling about, it was Favre being the ultra competitor that he was.

Rodgers has twice now, in one year, supposedly contemplated retirement, as well as if he even wants to play for the Packers. In my mind, he is now the new Waffle King with a side of Big Drama Syrup.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO....if you don't think Rodgers camp is behind some of the leaks I fear you may have way too much blind faith in him.

I could timeline a lot of the happenings of the last two years but it wouldn't matter, could post quotes from him or times where he slipped into philosophical narratives when confronted with questions on Pat's show (which is when I love Aaron the most because I feel he is quite comfortable and at ease) - he evades truths and direct answers VERY well and honestly would make an insanely good politician because of it. I don't believe Aaron in real life and if you were just hanging with him at a bar, golf course or what not away from "work" he is a bad guy; I do strongly believe he is a guy that fame, fortune and the business side of things makes him love and hate how much chaos he can create; BUT most importantly he is insanely intelligent - he knows the power to get things done a little news chaos can generate and to his credit he uses it VERY well.

It's just so incredibly funny how anyone that speaks critically of Aaron Rodgers instantly hates him, or thinks he is a bad guy...this isn't the truth. Shoot to use a forum example, @captainWIMM and how he communicates at times ****** me off to no end, doesn't for a second mean I think he is a bad guy.
it wasn't a well kept secret apparently the rift that grew after the previous season. Schefter had it since February. Sat on it until Draft day practically in May. You think that was Rodgers? If Rodgers craves the attention, why not drop it in February, or March to get the attention like people claim he's doing now?

anyway, May be he does enjoy this some. I use the phrase "dance monkeys" quite a bit because he says anything and they dance. I don't think people have the obligation to address anybody's rumors. I learned a long time ago, it's hardly worth the time.

anyway, once again, there's been like 2 former players with issues of their own that can't let go and year after year we see guys come here to play with Rodgers, and in a year when teammates are going to hate him for being so selfish he's officiating weddings for them. I think players know exactly what's going on and I wouldn't be at all surprised if what he did last year put them more squarely behind him.

But really what's worse? The guy who supposedly likes to create the drama but has told you the media is playing you, or the people that crave talking diving into it even though he's told you to stop believing it. At some point I think if people pass the test, it would all disappear.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion, but I'm not sure he loves the attention as much as I think he loves tweaking national and social media. Putting Ayn Rand's book on the shelf during the Manning broadcast shows that things he does are calculated. It wouldn't surprise me if he told the Packers a month ago and the last 30 days has just been to allow social media and media in general to twist in the wind, come up with odd stories that he can laugh about and then ultimately go on McAfee's to say what the decision is and then say he made it 30 days ago and informed the Packers. (Which will infuriate the Florio's of the world that he should have just told everyone...) Is that all rather devious/egotistical? Yep. Is Rodgers those things? Yep.

I do hope today is the dump or get off the toilet time though. Obviously for Adams it is, but thinking Rodger's decision will linger...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My opinion, but I'm not sure he loves the attention as much as I think he loves tweaking national and social media. Putting Ayn Rand's book on the shelf during the Manning broadcast shows that things he does are calculated. It wouldn't surprise me if he told the Packers a month ago and the last 30 days has just been to allow social media and media in general to twist in the wind, come up with odd stories that he can laugh about and then ultimately go on McAfee's to say what the decision is and then say he made it 30 days ago and informed the Packers. (Which will infuriate the Florio's of the world that he should have just told everyone...) Is that all rather devious/egotistical? Yep. Is Rodgers those things? Yep.

I do hope today is the dump or get off the toilet time though. Obviously for Adams it is, but thinking Rodger's decision will linger...
Well said.

If he wasn't such a good player, he would have been gone last year. I realize that his skills have "earned" some leeway on being treated with kit gloves, but I still can't help wonder what many of his teammates really think about his shenanigans. I also have to wonder if he is put on the trading block, just how much this last year of his games will cost the Packers in draft capital.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McaFee has best source which is Rodgers and he is saying the figures are not true, he is coming back but hold on for a second on the figures.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
McaFee has best source which is Rodgers and he is saying the figures are not true, he is coming back but hold on for a second on the figures.

According to McAfee...the decision has been made, but details of it are still being worked out. His source.....Rodgers.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to McAfee...the decision has been made, but details of it are still being worked out. His source.....Rodgers.

He is raking Rappoport's figures reported. He is saying how salary cap friendly it is going to be because Rodgers wants people back....this is going to make Ian look like a bigger fool than he already is.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He is raking Rappoport's figures reported. He is saying how salary cap friendly it is going to be because Rodgers wants people back....this is going to make Ian look like a bigger fool than he already is.
It is funny that he did that, since Ian is often on his show. But I agree, if Rappoport's numbers aren't in fact, he shouldn't report them.

One thing Pat M. didn't acknowledge though, maybe Ian has sources inside the Packers organization, other than Rodgers and he heard the news from them.

Members online

Latest posts