Mike Sherman wants to coach again...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Word is out he could be in Tampa next year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post?id=29887

Let them have him, nothing new. Raheem Morris was just the fall guy in TB, he ain't the only problem. That entire staff as far as management goes needs a reboot, but I don't miss Sherman one bit, would take McCarthy over him any day of the week.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate Tampa Bay for many reasons. They were in the NFC Central, check. They are in the NFC South, double check, and I just don't like them in general. LOL let them take him, but I doubt they give him the GM role. TB is one of the cheapest run teams out there, even when Gruden was there, they have not been managed well in a long time, and that goes back to drafting Testaverde.

He was an OK coach here, but most of his stuff was Favre just slinging bombs to the point teams knew how predictable it was going to be, and you started to get really bad performances.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Obviously McCarthy is better but I think Sherman was a decent HC. Look at the running attack he put together – if he would have reigned in the QB…

IMO Sherman the HC was betrayed by Sherman the GM and it wasn’t either Sherman’s fault he got the GM job.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Mike Sherman was coaching I didn't have a TV or internet.
But what little I did see of Mike, I always thought he came across as a likeable guy.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can give examples where I thought Sherman is a great coach, and I can show examples of gross incompetence. And i think the negatives were increasing, that he wasn't learning. As a person, he seemed like a fine person. I will always remember him for going after that ***-hat Sapp after his hit on Clifton. Hit wasn't a problem but ***-hat laughing while Clifton is being tended to, not moving and its clear there is somehing wrong is indefensible.

D

Dan115

Obviously McCarthy is better but I think Sherman was a decent HC. Look at the running attack he put together – if he would have reigned in the QB…

IMO Sherman the HC was betrayed by Sherman the GM and it wasn’t either Sherman’s fault he got the GM job.

YES, You have the greatest running attack in Packer history and you punt the ball to the Eagles on 4th and 1 1/2 and put the game in your defense hands. And then there is 4th and 26.

Members online

Latest posts