Mike Hart RB - Michigan

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has happened to him that he is not on anyones radar? This guy in my opinion is a stud in the likes of Barrya Sanders. Short, huge legs, quick, and extrememly tough to bring down even between the tackles.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ran a bad 40 I think. So I guess he projects as more of a short-yardage than a feature back now. I wouldn't mind grabbing him later in the draft. He was a horse at Michigan, and I think anybody who watched the Wolverines loved seeing him play. He's as tough as nails, and would look great in Green and Gold.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is my opinion on Mike Hart and why he is buried in the ranking per the media types going into this draft.. he is just a solid football player.

On tape.. he doesn't excel or jump off the tape for any one thing.. he is just solid all the way around. He As mentioned above, he doesn't time well or workout well compared to the "top" backs in this draft.. he doesn't have those explosive runs or that super quick burst.. but he is solid all the way around.

One thing I think alot of the media types are missing on this kid is his football smarts and instincts; add to it he just seems to be a leader type on the field and off it.

I wouldn't mind it one bit if he wound up in the Green and Gold.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just not as good as people think in my opinion. A lot of those Michigan guys are overrated outside of Jake Long. He does have instincts but in the end does he have his ability translate well to the NFL. That answer is probably no. He's not going to break tackles at the next level and he's not going to out run you.

I think he's a situational type of back. A lot like how the Packers used Tony Fisher when Sherman was coach. Day 2 pick in my opinion and probably closer to round 5 than round 3.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not that Mike Hart is not good, its that there are that many good quality backs in the draft this year need I list them?

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, Height: 6-1. Weight: 211, 40: 4.27.
  2. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois, Height: 5-10. Weight: 225, 40: 4.37.
  3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, Height: 5-10. Weight: 235, 40: 4.44.
  4. Jamaal Charles, Texas, Height: 5-11. Weight: 200, 40: 4.38.
  5. Felix Jones, Arkansas, Height: 5-10. Weight: 207, 40: 4.47.
  6. Chris Johnson, East Carolina, Height: 5-11. Weight: 197, 40: 4.24.
  7. Matt Forte, Tulane, Height: 6-1. Weight: 217, 40: 4.46.
  8. Ray Rice, Rutgers, Height: 5-8. Weight: 199, 40: 4.44.
  9. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech, Height: 5-10. Weight: 215,40: 4.54.
  10. Kevin Smith, Central Florida, Height: 6-1. Weight: 217, 40: 4.43.
  11. Steve Slaton, West Virginia, Height: 5-9. Weight: 197, Combine 40: 4.44.
  12. Chauncey Washington, USC, Height: 5-11. Weight: 215, 40: 4.45.
  13. Jalen Parmele, Toledo, Height: 5-11. Weight: 224, 40: 4.47.
  14. Mike Hart, Michigan, Height: 5-8. Weight: 206, Combine 40: 4.67.
    [/list:eek:]

ALl of those guys are bigger, and or faster than hart, so that's why he's fallen off, a lot of these are juniors too.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hart's only 5'8? That's pretty small.

Jones - Drew is only 5' 7". What was Barry Sanders.. 5'5"? :lol:

I think he will play on Sunday's.. never a star but he should play some.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but just because he could be good doesn't mean he's the best prospect and hence should be drafted sooner. Its a double edged knife I guess.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
djcubez said:
Hart's only 5'8? That's pretty small.

Jones - Drew is only 5' 7". What was Barry Sanders.. 5'5"? :lol:

I think he will play on Sunday's.. never a star but he should play some.

Both of those running backs are quick though, they got small and short foot movements and bursts of speed plus in the open field they can sprint it out. Hell, Jones-Drew returns kickoffs for TD's, if Barry Sanders was back there I'm sure he'd have a couple too. Not trying to put you down just saying, Hart is a solid back but at a small stature.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has happened to him that he is not on anyones radar? This guy in my opinion is a stud in the likes of Barrya Sanders. Short, huge legs, quick, and extrememly tough to bring down even between the tackles.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm a Michigan fan trippster but no offense...he's no Barry Sanders. Not on Barry's worst day.

I'm not arguing that he might bring some value, but Barry Sanders? Not even close...

Strigs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARGH! The Colts grab Mike Hart and Jamie Silva? What has happened to the world?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!