Midseason Assessment

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree except with the double digit wins. It may be too late. The schedule is not on our side and we must be realistic. When you lose to the Giants, Jets, and Commanders with limited talent at the QB position how can you beat teams like Philly, Minnesota, LA, Tennessee, and Miami? The truth is that we will be in a battle even to beat the Lions. And those Lions are hungry.

Well of course you're right-- if that continue to play as they have.

But as I said in the original post, any sort of scenario where they push to go ~7-2 the rest of the way would have to start with a lot of improvement in play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s just odd. It’s like playing both sides in an attempt to diminish our Running Game. Let’s focus on the Running game and not the 23 other aspects of the Buffalo contest that contribute to final score. In your opinion… Did Running the Ball in increased fashion (30+ times) help our cause or hinder it against Buffalo?

Yes or No?? (We shall see if you are confident enough in your response as to not add a postscript to this one word answer this time)

We’ll, all the variables do matter as nothing happens in a vacuum on that field. Did running the ball help us or hinder us? I don't know. We looked better on offense, but then we were down a couple scores all day long. Did we look better because we committed to it, or did we look better because the Bills were playing pass all day long? We needed 1 yard, and ended up 2 short. Did our commitment help us? You tell me.

I saw some encouraging things Sunday night, I also see reasons to temper my enthusiasm. Of that, i'm confident.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Overwhelmingly, the most likely outcome is that Barry is retained through the season and fired afterwards (assuming the defense doesn't majorly rebound under him).

The one sliver of possibility that might change that is something that Demovsky recently hinted at in an article about LaFleur keeping Barry: the players are getting really annoyed with Barry's approach to defense. If half the lockerroom is in revolt, it might force LaFleur's hand.

Again-- unlikely. But that is something that could change the equation.
I just hope the season isn’t already past the point of no return if or when it happens.

Reaction score
Did we look better because we committed to it, or did we look better because the Bills were playing pass all day long? We needed 1 yard, and ended up 2 short. Did our commitment help us? You tell me.
I didn’t even need to get through 6 snaps. Stacked. Stacked. Double stacked and triple stacked boxes. One play where they had 10 players within 4 yards of LOS on a non empty backfield.

Almost every play all game long was like this. Have you ever seen a Box more stacked?

Just admit our running game was stellar. We all make mistakes. The NFL #1 tanked Defense got shellacked. It’s ok to say it.. correction they are now #3 ranked against the run after that Bullying :)
Corruption of their Run game
208 yards 6.7 per! If someone did it to us we’d shout profanities

Listen. I know this season has been frustrating and I get it. But lots of Packer fans just can’t come to terms with we could be a top 3-4 Running attack if we weren’t 16th in # of attempts.

Attachments

• 6976787C-34C2-4817-97BB-B9DD9EDC4D10.png
    6976787C-34C2-4817-97BB-B9DD9EDC4D10.png
    630.1 KB · Views: 82
  • F25030A2-6E79-4E13-9CC3-730387924647.png
    F25030A2-6E79-4E13-9CC3-730387924647.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 9424465B-661D-4140-9F02-1EA5096E5691.png
    9424465B-661D-4140-9F02-1EA5096E5691.png
    644 KB · Views: 82
  • 70226333-FE1C-4B63-A52E-0E8B3E5FF741.png
    70226333-FE1C-4B63-A52E-0E8B3E5FF741.png
    677.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree except with the double digit wins. It may be too late. The schedule is not on our side and we must be realistic. When you lose to the Giants, Jets, and Commanders with limited talent at the QB position how can you beat teams like Philly, Minnesota, LA, Tennessee, and Miami? The truth is that we will be in a battle even to beat the Lions. And those Lions are hungry.
You're right. Jets, Giants and Commanders should have been 3-0 or 2-1 worst case

Since we went 0-3, that's not good at all lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t even need to get through 6 snaps. Stacked. Stacked. Double stacked and triple stacked boxes. One play where they had 10 players within 4 yards of LOS on a non empty backfield.

Almost every play all game long was like this. Have you ever seen a Box more stacked?

Just admit our running game was stellar. We all make mistakes. The NFL #1 tanked Defense got shellacked. It’s ok to say it.. correction they are now #3 ranked against the run after that Bullying :)

Listen. I know this season has been frustrating and I get it. But lots of Packer fans just can’t come to terms with we could be a top 3-4 Running attack if we weren’t 16th in # of attempts.
I didn’t say our running game against the bills was anything less than great for the most part. I’m not sure we’re you’re getting I somehow made a mistake but however you need to see things is ok.

The Bills were in a 2 high shell a lot of the game as well. They commented on it often.

My initial comment entailed more than the bulls game and fyi, it was a 10 point loss and down by 17 much of the game. That’s an *** kicking in the NFL. I’m glad we ran the ball well, do you think the Bills feel shell shocked?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rebuild has begun. While I know they are technically still in the playoff hunt I don't think they are talented offensively enough to make it happen. The remaining schedule for the Packers is pretty daunting. If I'm being optimistic, I say they have three more wins in the Lions twice and the Bears left. Then they win one they shouldn't. Remaining schedule is Lions, Cowboys, Titans, Eagles, Bears, Rams, Dolphins, Vikings and Lions. I'll say the one they shouldn't win will be the Cowboys just for fun. That leaves them at 7-10. If my glass is half empty, which I don't allow in my personal life, I say they win two more. They beat the Lions in one of their matchups and the Bears. The selloff will begin in the offseason, if not a couple guys today.

The oline is nowhere near what we thought it would be. The WRs are worse than I thought they would be and the defense isn't elite. I actually think the defense has held up well enough for the Pack to win games. The O just can't put up points. There is a huge lack of skill players right now. In fact, it's glaring. The only one I see that can make plays is Jones. Maybe a little out of Dillon last game. Anyway, the rebuild that we have dreaded for many years is upon us.
I have them beating the Rams who are pretty much in the same sinking boat as the Pack.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference a year makes. Hard to believe this is basically the team who won the #1 seed the last two years in the NFC. That was our opportunity, and we blew it. There isn't a group on the team right now without problems, except RB. And even they suffer from the OL.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I wonder how much of the defense's problems could be attributed to the coaches?

This is where the defensive starters were drafted. I think it's mostly coaching.

Dean Lowry - Packers 4thRound
Kenny Clark - Packers 1st Round
Jarren Reed - FA (Seahawks 2nd round)
Preston Smith - UFA (Washington 2nd Round)
De'vondre Campbell- FA (Falcons 4th Round)
Quay Walker - Packers 1st Round
Rashan Gary - Packers 1st Round
Jaire Alexander - Packers 1st Round
Eric Stokes - Packers 1st Round
Adrian Amos -UFA (Bears 5th Round)
Darnell Savage - Packers 1st Round

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest of the schedule:

Lions
Cowboys
Titans
Eagles
Bears
Rams
Dolphins
Vikings
Lions

The only team I'm confident of beating are the Lions who are probably the worst team in NFC/League. If we don't see any improvement, Bears is a tossup and rest are losses.

O-Line is the key. It really needs to beef up. without that we can kiss any kind of improvement goodbye. We showed lot of fight vs Bills and that needs to continue.
D - I'm not even sure what's happening. How can a coach/players be so much out of sync?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference a year makes. Hard to believe this is basically the team who won the #1 seed the last two years in the NFC. That was our opportunity, and we blew it. There isn't a group on the team right now without problems, except RB. And even they suffer from the OL.

And the Bengals played in the Super Bowl - newsflash this league is tough to win in.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest of the schedule:

Lions
Cowboys
Titans
Eagles
Bears
Rams
Dolphins
Vikings
Lions

The only team I'm confident of beating are the Lions who are probably the worst team in NFC/League. If we don't see any improvement, Bears is a tossup and rest are losses.

O-Line is the key. It really needs to beef up. without that we can kiss any kind of improvement goodbye. We showed lot of fight vs Bills and that needs to continue.
D - I'm not even sure what's happening. How can a coach/players be so much out of sync?
And I am not so sure about Detroit either. At least for one of their games. They have lost some squeaker this year as well. Had the Vikings beat.

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyway, the rebuild that we have dreaded for many years is upon us.

Rodgers' contract suggests otherwise though.

How would you know? By the 12 snaps across 4 Quarters??
You’re defending a game plan that we already know didn’t work. We couldn’t have done any worse than miserable! :eek:

In the three games leading up to the Bills game the Packers tried to run the ball 53 times for an average net gain of only 3.45 yards per attempt. That's not good enough to justify rushing on the majority of snaps.

You said the same thing about Buffalo and how it was basically a bad idea to Run.

I wasn't suggesting it's a bad idea to run the ball entering the game. But if it doesn't work during a game it's not smart to continue doing it just for the sake of it.

That is a weird choice of plays to prove your point as the Packers only ran the ball on one of them resulting in a two yard gain while Rodgers dropped back to throw it on the other three (7-yard sack, 12-yard completion, incomplete pass).

D

Deleted member 6794

The lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball suggests reality.

That's the weird part about it. On one hand Gutekunst re-signed Rodgers to a massive extension, suggesting the Packers are in a win now mode. On the other one he doesn't surround him with enough talent at wide receiver and tight end to be successful in the short term.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer anyone lol. This team isn’t bad if we can get to the bye week 7-6 or 6-7 we have a chance to make that run.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My initial comment entailed more than the bulls game and fyi, it was a 10 point loss and down by 17 much of the game. That’s an *** kicking in the NFL. I’m glad we ran the ball well, do you think the Bills feel shell shocked?
Actually technically? there were stories immediately after that game that surfaced how the Bills were discouraged they couldn’t finish that game off. They had a great first half and did nothing for 2 quarters. This is just one of many and I didn’t write it! ;)

We actually out Offense’d the Bills 398 to 369 yards and Had that Tonyan TD stood or been called like it should’ve on Defensive Pass interference? Its a spot at the 1 yard line and the way we were dominating the DL it’s a 3 point game. The Bills are very good #1 Defense and #4 Offense and playing at home and favored to win and it could’ve easily been 24-27 with us at the Bills 38 yard line and :42 sec left. In fairness we shanked the 55 yard FG and would’ve barely lost.

That doesn’t sound like a beating to me. When I think of a beating I think of 38-10 a 40-Burger 50 Burger, you know stuff like that. Sounds like we played very respectable, but some fans like to play the martyr role due to an entire seasons’ worth of frustrations. I might jump on board and commit Hari Kari though if we lose to the Lions if that makes you feel any better :eek:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like most games, we played respectably for a half of football. Stats are nice, like I said, I was encouraged by some things. We still lost by 2 possessions and trailed by 3 for much of the game

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We actually out Offense’d the Bills 398 to 369 yards and Had that Tonyan TD stood or been called like it should’ve on Defensive Pass interference?
It's not unusual for a losing team to rack up more yards as they try to catch up, pass more, and the other team goes into prevent defenses. That said, we didn't get hammered as badly as I expected. Josh Allen complained after the game that they didn't play well. But I'd also say that the game wasn't as close as the score.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually technically? there were stories immediately after that game that surfaced how the Bills were discouraged they couldn’t finish that game off. They had a great first half and did nothing for 2 quarters. This is just one of many and I didn’t write it! ;)

We actually out Offense’d the Bills 398 to 369 yards and Had that Tonyan TD stood or been called like it should’ve on Defensive Pass interference? Its a spot at the 1 yard line and the way we were dominating the DL it’s a 3 point game. The Bills are very good #1 Defense and #4 Offense and playing at home and favored to win and it could’ve easily been 24-27 with us at the Bills 38 yard line and :42 sec left. In fairness we shanked the 55 yard FG and would’ve barely lost.

That doesn’t sound like a beating to me. When I think of a beating I think of 38-10 a 40-Burger 50 Burger, you know stuff like that. Sounds like we played very respectable, but some fans like to play the martyr role due to an entire seasons’ worth of frustrations. I might jump on board and commit Hari Kari though if we lose to the Lions if that makes you feel any better :eek:
You could see the Bills are on another level. But a team like the Packers which has been humbled by the lesser the last month is not going to quit especially considering how many games they won the last 3 seasons. The Bills may have just let up mentally coming off a huge win in KC. When we were an elite team the last 3 years we also got up early in games and then decided to take the afternoon off. We get no days off now. With that the Bills should be concerned about giving up all those yards on the ground. AFC teams who will see the Bills in the playoffs are going to pay attention to what we did.

D

Deleted member 6794

We actually out Offense’d the Bills 398 to 369 yards and Had that Tonyan TD stood or been called like it should’ve on Defensive Pass interference? Its a spot at the 1 yard line and the way we were dominating the DL it’s a 3 point game.

Tonyan caught that ball in the end zone. If the refs don't call offensive pass interference it's a touchdown. The Packers would still have trailed by 10 at that point though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan caught that ball in the end zone. If the refs don't call offensive pass interference it's a touchdown. The Packers would still have trailed by 10 at that point though.
True. Although 10 is better than 14 and may have given us some momentum. May not have effected the W or L result.

Reaction score
It's not unusual for a losing team to rack up more yards as they try to catch up, pass more, and the other team goes into prevent defenses. That said, we didn't get hammered as badly as I expected. Josh Allen complained after the game that they didn't play well. But I'd also say that the game wasn't as close as the score.
This game could’ve easily been a 1 score loss (and should’ve been) and Rodgers said so himself (not that he’s always right he’s human). The Tonyan TD was a terrible call and it stalled our drive.

We lost and we should’ve played better, but I was responding to someone who said it was the definition of a complete beatdown
(I disagree no matter how bad you try to defend that)

I’ve noticed this increasing culture of Packer fans who take a martyr role. Almost to a point of nausea in some effort to be “fair” they go full opposite extreme. Even some of the NFL analysts recently call Packers fans a bunch of spoiled brats for fans.. I agree with that part for sure the overreaction is all over the map. We’ve had it made as Packer fans and to the point we now take it for granted and I’m sorry if truth hurts some people but get over it!

We lost to a VERY good team. We lost on the ROAD, which is always tougher to begin with. The other team (including Josh Allen himself expressing it publicly) was concerned because he knew what I know and others know, That could easily been for the game 21-27 on the last drive and that’s not a position you want to give Aaron the ball needing 1 play for 10 yards to move into Redzone range with 30+ seconds left.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough for me to tell if Packer fans on forums are the same as Packer fans at home. I kind of think a lot of forum people are fantasy football junkies. And the pundits are getting information about fans from forums...probably. For me, I got too invested in how particular players were doing than watching my team. Definitely the season is a different experience for me when I am only a Packer fan albeit a kind of hard core one.

Members online

Latest posts