Mickelson US Open Golf

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone see Phil Mickelson run after and putt his moving ball at the US Open yesterday? One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen watching golf.

I have a confession, I've never really liked Phil Mickelson and I'm not even sure why. I was a Tiger fan back in the day, maybe that had something to do with it. But oddly enough, this act kind of humanizes him to me, and I think I shall like him from this day forward.

Of course, a lot of people were suggesting he be disqualified, and said that what he did was a disgrace to the game. I'm sure he regrets what he did, but he was clearly frustrated with the course conditions, which were horrible. IMO it was a combination of frustration and his way of making his displeasure known.

The funny thing is I had just seen a story about the grounds crew at Shinnecock, and they said there was no way possible that what happened in 2004 could happen again. And yet here again the grounds were mismanaged (though not as badly). As I write this there is a four way tie four first at +3.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Phil is a leftie and that makes him a star in my eyes, except when he plays against Europe in the Ryder cup.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do it all the time, especially from 3 feet away, I figure it it doesn't stop moving, it doesn't count as another stroke.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts