Michael Clark and other training camp tidbits

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There are certainly many, many more Jeff Janises than Adam Theilens or even Billy Schroeders. That said, how about we watch Kumerow play this preseason and see what he's got?

how about preseason......and beyond ;)

Every preseason we see a few guys that look like the second coming of the next FHOF'er at his position and then reality hits and we all realize the competition that he is playing against will most likely be asking if you would like fries with that shake 2 weeks later.

H

HardRightEdge

how about preseason......and beyond ;)

Every preseason we see a few guys that look like the second coming of the next FHOF'er at his position and then reality hits and we all realize the competition that he is playing against will most likely be asking if you would like fries with that shake 2 weeks later.
One step at a time. ;) I already warned about flash plays in the second half where many of those opponents will never take an NFL snap. You can at least see how a guy moves, what his breaks look like and how he catches the ball. Does a player look like he's going where the QB expects him to go? Is the guy even getting targetted? This applies to all of these unproven WRs. Clearly, there is no educational substitute for playing in money games, on the job training. But it's the stuff done in these practice games that earns that opportunity. And once the opportunity is earned, sh*tting the bed leads to next man up.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m really hoping one of St. Brown or MVS can catch on. The offense is missing a home run hitter. A big reason why the offense was so prolific some years ago was because prime Jordy was a big play threat every snap. I feel like our entire wr corps are more possession guys, obviously Adams is more than a possession guy, but he’s not a home run hitter either imo.
Just my opinion, but I don’t think our wr corps scares any defenses right now.
We have 2 first rounders next season, it might be time to take the leap on a 1st round talent wr next year, especially with Cobb being a free agent.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m really hoping one of St. Brown or MVS can catch on. The offense is missing a home run hitter. A big reason why the offense was so prolific some years ago was because prime Jordy was a big play threat every snap. I feel like our entire wr corps are more possession guys, obviously Adams is more than a possession guy, but he’s not a home run hitter either imo.
Just my opinion, but I don’t think our wr corps scares any defenses right now.
We have 2 first rounders next season, it might be time to take the leap on a 1st round talent wr next year, especially with Cobb being a free agent.
Next year we will probably need a OT. But you may also be right. For this year; Geronimo has the ability to get deep. You will see.

D

Deleted member 6794

Probably for the same reason those people can't figure out why people are so up on him. What has he done to deserve either?

Allison is the most experienced receiver on the roster behind Adams and Cobb. While he hasn't put up great numbers by any means he has earned Rodgers trust before making him a front runner to receive playing time this season.

These are 20 & 21 year old kids. It's not that surprising to find out that 5th & 6th round wide receivers might not be able to remember professional terminology and routes after only a few weeks of practicing. They might very well be showing their best and this might be it. There's a reason that receivers generally transition slowly in the NFL; just running fast and catching the ball doesn't mean much if you don't know exactly the route you need to run and the various ways that route might change based on the defense. It's a little unreasonable to assume these guys are going to be practicing like professionals in their first off season.

They should definitely be able to run routes presented to them on cards in the huddle before the ball is snapped.

I think Janis was DII at Saginaw

Please, would you stop to annoy HRE by posting facts :cool:

There's absolutely no doubt one of the rookies being able to take off the top of a defense's coverage would extremely benefit the passing game.

But you may also be right. For this year; Geronimo has the ability to get deep. You will see.

Allison is definitely not a deep threat.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said ... you will see. A lot of people seem to think a deep threat is someone that can run really fast straight ahead. Not necessarily so. Look at Davis. Geronimo will be seeing a lot of one on one coverages and I think he has the ability to cross up the corner. Definitely...you use that word a lot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Like I said ... you will see. A lot of people seem to think a deep threat is someone that can run really fast straight ahead. Not necessarily so. Look at Davis. Geronimo will be seeing a lot of one on one coverages and I think he has the ability to cross up the corner. Definitely...you use that word a lot.

Allison is a possession receiver who might make a catch for a huge gain from time to time. He won't take the top off a coverage opening up space for other receivers on short and intermediate routes though. Therefore he's not a deep threat.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Getting dissed by Rodgers is pretty rare though, and I believe they’re being asked to run one route, spelled out for them in advance. Don’t get me wrong, I want them to succeed, and maybe this is just Rofgers’ wayof saying, “I expect more from you guys becasue it gets a lot harder from here.” Looking forward to how they progress through camp and the preseason. I thought EQ played particularly well Saturday night, but have my eyes on Moore as the most likely to make the 53.

The way one of the rookies described it after practice (can't recall which one it was) was that the coaches held the card up for a very short period of time and then all the players had to run the play. Now, that doesn't sound too hard but if it's something you're not used to doing then I could understand how it might be confusing; there's a lot going through these rookies' minds right now and they might not all remember to look at the play card right away and by the time they realize it the play card is coming down. It's very possible that some of them aren't motivated, I just tend to think rookies have trouble transitioning right away and that tends to be the more relevant factor in much of this.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should definitely be able to run routes presented to them on cards in the huddle before the ball is snapped.

Made the point elsewhere but these guys aren't used to this style of practice and their heads are swimming. I'm not gonna castigate a 20-year old for not knowing exactly where to look for a card held up briefly in the middle of a practice when they're exhausted. Is it great that they didn't do well? No. Is it a sign that they are entitled athletes who aren't motivated enough? Also, no.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way one of the rookies described it after practice (can't recall which one it was) was that the coaches held the card up for a very short period of time and then all the players had to run the play. Now, that doesn't sound too hard but if it's something you're not used to doing then I could understand how it might be confusing; there's a lot going through these rookies' minds right now and they might not all remember to look at the play card right away and by the time they realize it the play card is coming down. It's very possible that some of them aren't motivated, I just tend to think rookies have trouble transitioning right away and that tends to be the more relevant factor in much of this.
J’mon said that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you need more than a tween college kid? I suspect most here would have done things they are ashamed of when young.

They are despicable tweets, no question. But I'd give him the benefit of doubt that he matures and changes for the better.

I guess maybe I do need more. There are lots of tween college kids out there who do not do **** like this so that's just a bunch of hogwash. I'm not going to lump him in with the rest of them and give him a pass by saying kids will be kids just because they fall into the same demographic. I'm sure his attitude has changed and I don't expect to see anything similar from him in the future but that doesn't mean I have to like the guy or root for him. Like they say, everyone deserves a second chance and that applie to GA as well. If he is the best of the group and he makes the team so be it but I am not going to be the least bit upset if someone, anyone, beats him out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess maybe I do need more. There are lots of tween college kids out there who do not do **** like this so that's just a bunch of hogwash. I'm not going to lump him in with the rest of them and give him a pass by saying kids will be kids just because they fall into the same demographic. I'm sure his attitude has changed and I don't expect to see anything similar from him in the future but that doesn't mean I have to like the guy or root for him. Like they say, everyone deserves a second chance and that applie to GA as well. If he is the best of the group and he makes the team so be it but I am not going to be the least bit upset if someone, anyone, beats him out.
Totally agree but then I’m not the least bit upset if any guy on the team gets beat out for a roster spot or released. I have no real connection to any of them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

In fairness to him, I have no idea how he has grown as a person since that time. He might be very different. Or he might just be smarter about it. But I agree to you that I’m not really into absolving 20 year olds just because they’re 20.

To bring this back to the original point, I didn’t bring it up to try and rake GA over the coals. I was just explaining to a poster unaware of those tweets why some people are really hesitant to get behind him and root for his success.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit: Just realized tween refers to 10-12 yo kids. :confused: Well, something new learnt today!

I guess maybe I do need more. There are lots of tween college kids out there who do not do **** like this so that's just a bunch of hogwash.

Don't really get this. When I say, this is typical twentysoemthing behavior, it does not mean every twentysomethings have to mandatorily follow that. It just means that they are immature and posts like these should be treated more as juvenile than sexist. I'm all behind him to turn a new leaf and have a glorious career for the Pack!

Perhaps, it's a byproduct of my own misspent youth of chasing girls and finding ways to get money for beer that I give more leeway to youth behaviour :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I'm not trying to make a broad statement here about the learning level using flash cards, but I did see this poster up in the Rookies Locker Room.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to make a broad statement here about the learning level using flash cards, but I did see this poster up in the Rookies Locker Room.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It’s 2018 bro, don’t you know this picture is offensive. You can’t box kids into gender identity by making them dress for their sex anymore.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit: Just realized tween refers to 10-12 yo kids. :confused: Well, something new learnt today!

Don't really get this. When I say, this is typical twentysoemthing behavior, it does not mean every twentysomethings have to mandatorily follow that. It just means that they are immature and posts like these should be treated more as juvenile than sexist. I'm all behind him to turn a new leaf and have a glorious career for the Pack!

Perhaps, it's a byproduct of my own misspent youth of chasing girls and finding ways to get money for beer that I give more leeway to youth behaviour :whistling:

If I see two 20 year old college students and one is behaving like this and the other is not I know which one I am going to have more respect for. I'm going to let it go at that.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s up with Rodgers weird obsession over Kumerow? It can’t just be that he practices like a pro and runs the right routes. I’ve never seen Rodgers this goo goo ga ga over a player before.

Members online

Latest posts