Micah Hyde is said to be “aggressively pursuing other options” out of the Packers.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why you offer him something before he can talk to other teams...

Because his agent or TT never got a pulse on his value and Hyde doesnt have an inclination to be given a starting job by another team?

Cause here his value isn't anywhere near what he got and would be best served as our #5(#4 at best) CB and #3 Saftey

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are nuts if you think Hyde is worth what he just signed for. He's worth half that. There is no way was going to play here again and I'm certainly happy we weren't the ones giving him that much.

He probably never got an offer because his agent probably told them what they were looking for and they told him to go get it. So they did. Good for Hyde for getting paid and good for Ted Thompson for not considering anything remotely close to that for back up utilitarian. Loved the player but isn't a 6 million dollar man no matter how you look at it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait. People are upset that we didn't resign a guy that was a part of one of the worst secondarys in the NFL? And elated we resigned a LB that was a part of a defense that has been consistently bad for six years running?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So hopefully we get a corner now

Hyde is great, but his upside and upside with this team with HaHa and Burnett in place was limited so...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he wouldn't start at safety on this team and he's not a "number 1" type of corner

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet 100 bucks that Hyde has a better year than any of the current Packers corners next season. More tackles, ints, return yards...etc.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet 100 bucks that Hyde has a better year than any of the current Packers corners next season. More tackles, ints, return yards...etc.

Yea i dont think it's that.

I think the money will be used to sign someone else.

I still am going to stick with my thinking in that Revis MAY come

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde is a very average cb. Maybe even below average. He is versatile though. Unfortunately with our secondary average is number 1 caliber

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde is a very average cb. Maybe even below average. He is versatile though. Unfortunately with our secondary average is number 1 caliber

nah I wouldn't call Hyde "below average"... maybe average to slightly above average

He is NOT WORTH 6million a year and on a "good/contending" team probably isnt a starter

He is an excellent guy to have as he is a "jack of all trades" type of defensive back, but ideally he plays the "3rd safety" and/or slot cornerback

Smart move by TT to not pay him 6million and to start like he will with the Bills

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you change the "100 bucks" to "a beer" I'll take that bet! ;) Randall OR Rollins (preferably both) need to rebound... guessing it'll be Randall and his speed will come in handy.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah I wouldn't call Hyde "below average"... maybe average to slightly above average

He is NOT WORTH 6million a year and on a "good/contending" team probably isnt a starter

He is an excellent guy to have as he is a "jack of all trades" type of defensive back, but ideally he plays the "3rd safety" and/or slot cornerback

Smart move by TT to not pay him 6million and to start like he will with the Bills

Well he isn't a number 1 or a number 2 and I think is a below average number 3. Has he ever been number 3 on this team without injuries?

That to me seems like below average.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he isn't a number 1 or a number 2 and I think is a below average number 3. Has he ever been number 3 on this team without injuries?

That to me seems like below average.

Basically...

I feel like he's a poor man's Logan Ryan... a good slot corner/defensive back.. who can play safety

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically...

I feel like he's a poor man's Logan Ryan... a good slot corner/defensive back.. who can play safety

Nah, Hyde is a better tackler and can return punts. He's not Hill from KC but he's sure handed and saved the Packers about a thousand yards in field position haha

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so I'm leaning towards Prince... but MOST LIKELY Revis coming at this point.

Which would be sweet I think.

In "Madden terms(lol)" I feel Revis would be at least around an 85/86 guy and can help out the young guys, show them how to press correctly at the line.

The thing is, obviously his speed is limited being 31, but the Packers have two EXCELLENT safeties who would just provide help over the top...

I'm still hoping Revis comes lol

Reaction score
When you look historically at TT's MO.. its very rare we sign a FA. It wouldn't surprise me if he neglects FA all together this year.
I'd love to see some veteran presence in our secondary. I'm not getting my hopes up tho.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm absolutely fine with the Packers letting Hyde walk away to the Bills at $6 million a season. Unfortunately without bringing in a veteran cornerback that further weakens the worst position on the roster.

BTW Revis isn't the answer to the team's woes at the position.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so I'm leaning towards Prince... but MOST LIKELY Revis coming at this point.

Which would be sweet I think.

In "Madden terms(lol)" I feel Revis would be at least around an 85/86 guy and can help out the young guys, show them how to press correctly at the line.

The thing is, obviously his speed is limited being 31, but the Packers have two EXCELLENT safeties who would just provide help over the top...

I'm still hoping Revis comes lol
Revis is washed up. Forget about it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Revis is washed up. Forget about it.
I think Revis may have some more tread on his tires, but not the $8M of tread that it is reported he is seeking. He will get paid $6M by the Jets if he doesn't play, so anything less isn't even a possibility unless Revis wants to "play for free" just to keep his career going.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yall are just disrespecting Hyde, lol to call him below average. I believe he was ranked in the Top 25 by PFC last year based on his performance on the outside. If Hyde goes to the Pro Bowl next year like Heyward did this year, you'll be ready to strangle yourselves for these comments later.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hyde goes to a probowl it will be as a return man. He's a solid player, but I think he's at his ceiling.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yall are just disrespecting Hyde, lol to call him below average. I believe he was ranked in the Top 25 by PFC last year based on his performance on the outside. If Hyde goes to the Pro Bowl next year like Heyward did this year, you'll be ready to strangle yourselves for these comments later.

PFF ranked Hyde 53rd among 112 qualifying cornerbacks with him mostly playing in the slot last season. The problem being hecwas by far the best rated CB currently on the roster.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF ranked Hyde 53rd among 112 qualifying cornerbacks with him mostly playing in the slot last season. The problem being hecwas by far the best rated CB currently on the roster.

My mistake, PFF had him rated Top 25 against the run. That's still worth something....lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts