Memo to Favre: Zip your lips

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
You can't blame the reporter for doing his job. Favre gives him a bombshell and what's he supposed to do? Just bury it and never think of it again? Yeah right..

Favre can say what he wants. That's America but it's really frustrating that everyone takes what the guy says out of context including Press Gazette writer here. Favre was speaking in a "What If" situation. Basically he told us something that everyone else out there was speculating the day he retired.

Well, that's exactly the thing. It was said out of context because it's a what if situation.

There will always be a what if.

Like, Porky - would you retire if you had ten million dollars cash given to you and you didn't have to pay taxes?

Porky - would you retire if some evil wizard cursed you and made your loved ones all get weird spots?

I'm exaggerating for effect, of course, but you see what I'm getting at? The reporters kept asking questions until they got a story. It's not Favre's fault. he was simply answering their stupid questions.

This is more so a rant about this entire thing than a response to what you just said but I think I'm in the middle here. I don't blame anyone for doing their job or being honest.

I don't know where this took place or what questions were asked so I'd be speculating on what really went on. I do know that the guy who did the interview has done many interviews before with Favre and his family. This isn't Chris Mortenson searching for something. At least that's what I heard.

By reading the quotes Favre gave I really don't see how people can get in all a fuss. It's the media that makes this into a big story because it's Brett Favre.

What did Favre basically say?

He'd consider coming back if Rodgers got hurt. The team is good and he loves the Players. That's the breaking news. :lol:

This gets turned into Favre might be regretting he's retiring or he's going to a new team or whatever else has been said. Does anyone really think that Favre is going to be 100% happy every single day he gets up with his decision? He's human, of course he's going to 2nd guess his actions. We all do. The problem here isn't Brett Favre or the author. It's the guys on TV that basically are giving opinions on his life. Who are they to tell him what he should do. They are speculating and taking what the writer wrote and what Favre said out of context.

If your going to criticize Favre then let me ask this.

Should the Packers call Brett Favre if Aaron Rodgers gets hurt in Training Camp?

If your going to criticize the author then let me ask this.

Do you want to do your job well?

For the most part we are going to want the Packers to call Brett Favre if Rodgers goes down and we probably would do our job the best we can too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky - Very well said. The reporter's job - writing a story that is exciting enough to read (thus sell papers or in the internet age, generate website traffic). Did the reporter do a good job? Fo shizzle.

Did people take what Favre said out of context? Fo shizzle, but then of course other reporters did too to get more hits.

I think we're all making mountains out of molehills. There really isn't much of a story here. Favre's retired. It sucks. We need to get over it.