McNabb says more...after the critics blasted Favre

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how writers were saying that they liked that McNabb was staying out of the contract issues of his teamattes, and then he goes right ahead and does what Brett did. Here are some of his comments to T.O.:

"I feel that if he plays or not, we definitely have a chance of making it to the Super Bowl and winning it," McNabb said May 11, one day after owner Jeffery Lurie said the team won't redo Owens' contract. "That's nothing against T.O. and it's nothing against anybody else. I just feel confident in the guys that we have. With T.O., I think we can do a lot of great things. Without him, I still think we can do a lot of good things."

"He has a contract," McNabb said. "There is desire to have more money and there is the desire to lose money. That would at least give you the motivation to get back out there on that field.

"When you sign your name on the dotted line, that's your deal, and that's a decision you have to make."

I like what the QB's are doing here and I hope that each WR can listen to their QBs. I hope Walker at least comes to the next camp. What do you guys think about this?

Here is the article:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/8463984

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Kind of reminds you of the saying, don't bite the hand that feeds you, but flipped around?? The hand that feeds you, is b^tch slapping you in public lol

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for McNabb. I had a lot of respect for McNabb a few years ago when he continued to play against the Cardinals with a broken foot that kept him out several weeks after that game. I have even more respect for him after this.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is freedom of speech in this country.Even Q.B.s in the N.F.L. have this right of free speech. Both McNabb & Farve are "right on the money" with their comments about T.O. and Walker's hold out. Get in camp and fullfill you contract, you signed. Then you will get your money, but not before!! The two hold out wide receivers are using the media, so too should Q.B.s be able speak up in the media!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
There is freedom of speech in this country.Even Q.B.s in the N.F.L. have this right of free speech. Both McNabb & Farve are "right on the money" with their comments about T.O. and Walker's hold out. Get in camp and fullfill you contract, you signed. Then you will get your money, but not before!! The two hold out wide receivers are using the media, so too should Q.B.s be able speak up in the media!!

yeah too bad favre is 'the bad guy' in the walker case but mcnabb is 'the good guy' in the owens case

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Yeah, too bad Favre is 'the bad guy' in the walker case.... but, McNabb is 'the good guy' in the Owens case
I would hope that there's something else to it... other than a simple case of black versus white....

Meaning - I think this might be a case of Big City versus Small Town!
I prefer this angle... but with the media pushing things as they have been...

Who knows!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that way he did it. Now it makes Brett look better and the jerk journalists look worse. :lol:

Ludders86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb is a quality guy whereas T.O's just a talented loudmouth. He and Favre were right to speak out-They're the leaders of their teams and someone's got to set an example

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players should speak out against other players holding out that are under contract because now that holdout is effecting the players in camp. All the members(mgm't,coaches, and players) of that team are counting on that committment in their plans and now the holdout has negatively effected that by not doing what he said he would. They have a right to be angry with the holdout and they owe him nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts