McCarthy: Rodgers helped keep players in line in offseason

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=8001

Packers find themselves six days away from kicking off training camp and no one has been on the police blotter.

According to McCarthy, part of that has to do with quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who made it clear to his teammates after the final practice that the team could not afford the kind of distractions that come with stupid off-field behavior.

“It’s clearly your message when you finish a minicamp, and frankly, I thought Aaron Rodgers did a great job,” McCarthy said Thursday during an appearance on Green & Gold Today.

“He was the call-up player for the final practice (of minicamp), and that was his message, about ‘Taking care of your business throughout these next four or five weeks.’ And I think it’s the same message every coach gives his team.”

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes to show how little control coaches have over teams. They can fine players and preach all they want, but it's like a parent telling their kids not to speed...in one ear and out the other. What really makes a difference is peer pressure and team leadership. Granted, two or three guys could have had transgressions even with Rodgers speech but the more guys that step up and demand excellence the better.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are SO fortunate to have McCarthy as HC and Rodgers as our QB. First class guys for sure.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are SO fortunate to have McCarthy as HC and Rodgers as our QB. First class guys for sure.
Could not agree more. I'd also add we are very lucky to have TT and Murphy on our side as well. These are guys that make first-class franchises, like the Pack have been for a long time.

Latest posts