McCarthy is a great coach

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL every season we get those posters (you know who you are) who suggest we should sign this guy this guy or this guy. And yet without fail it turns out to be a not so great move by the team that signs said player. We have had massive success with the few FAs we have signed, but we dont sign that many. Oddly enough GB is used for leverage more than its used as a legit option for alot of FAs (Hi steven Jackson)

So how does that answer the question I asked? How do the Packers partake in free agency?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how does that answer the question I asked? How do the Packers partake in free agency?

oh you want me to explain it to you? Ok.

TT goes into FA and has a set number he will spend on a player and when the bidding gets too high he wont go any higher. When he does lock onto a player he hits mostly home runs. As I said earlier due to massive contracts and a philosophy of not kicking the can down the road we are hamstrung by not offering major deals to free agents.

Has TT missed out on some FAs that one of the other 31 teams have signed? yes.

I am mystified by peoples dislike of TT and how he handles the team. I think he might hang onto coaches too long or be too hands off in certain areas but the man is a top 5 GM without question

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh you want me to explain it to you? Ok.

TT goes into FA and has a set number he will spend on a player and when the bidding gets too high he wont go any higher. When he does lock onto a player he hits mostly home runs. As I said earlier due to massive contracts and a philosophy of not kicking the can down the road we are hamstrung by not offering major deals to free agents.

Has TT missed out on some FAs that one of the other 31 teams have signed? yes.

I am mystified by peoples dislike of TT and how he handles the team. I think he might hang onto coaches too long or be too hands off in certain areas but the man is a top 5 GM without question

11 years of TT and 1o of his hand picked coach. 7PM C today is where you stand with that . But you be happy with it it and to hell with us negative nellies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 years of TT and 1o of his hand picked coach. 7PM C today is where you stand with that . But you be happy with it it and to hell with us negative nellies.

sigh, I said he hangs onto his coaches too long imo, but yes to hell with the people who think TT is a terrible GM and we should get someone else bc he doesnt grab the biggest name free agent.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

People arent "happy" to have this team losing the way it has.. So stop trying to put words in others mouth..

Some of us scratch our heads just as much as you do. We question why didnt they sign that guy, or why is that guy starting, or why is this coach still here..

Trouble is----Those same people also believe that the ones upstairs of 1265 have valid reasons why a player wasnt signed, or a coach was fired.

Some posters here are so qualified to know what is wrong and they can fix it, makes me wonder why they are posters and not employed by the NFL.... but others here with just as strong opinions arent qualified to carry water bottles?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BS. Nice rant, but clueless as to your response to me. Look back at my posting history and tell me your post was justified. And this from a mod.
Best wishes to you and all here , but this has run it's course for me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BS. Nice rant, but clueless as to your response to me. Look back at my posting history and tell me your post was justified. And this from a mod.
Best wishes to you and all here , but this has run it's course for me.

Your posting history has nothing to do with you calling someone a TT lover---that is known to cause heated debates here

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
No this isn't a homer opinion or green and gold glasses stance but rather a theory. For years McCarthy has focused 95% of his time on the offensive side of the ball and the packers have had great success.

In 2015 he gave up that focus to be a "big picture" coach. What really happened in my view is he gave up the offensive duties to focus 60 to 70% of his time on defense. Look at the results this year outside of the Denver game. The defense has been playing well, even great in the game against Minnesota. However look at how far the offense has fallen, this leads me to my theory.

Mike McCarthy is a great coach, but a terrible hiring manager. His offensive and defensive staffs do not perform when he isn't directly over seeing / supervising them. Look at the few coaches who have gone else where. Joe philbin, flop. Ben McAdoo, mixed results. I've been thinking about this the past few days, thoughts?
Welllll he had the O'coordinator experiment look promising the first 6 wks then, some ones focus took a nose dive, the D coordinator has been bailed out by up and down performances, no focus on a new experiment there, He is the head coach and needs a big picture focus now or we will be treated to another Dose of 1 and DONE....

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I overall like TT way .... Megatron ..... id spend to get him!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Amazing the heated debates Packer fans have in the course of a 10-5 season, can only imagine the days of 5-10. Think we have all gotten a bit spoiled? :coffee:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing the heated debates Packer fans have in the course of a 10-5 season, can only imagine the days of 5-10. Think we have all gotten a bit spoiled? :coffee:

This is like the 30th time people have said this... lol

This team is an embarrassment. I'd rather be 3-13 (And yes, I was around for the 3 4-12 season in 10 years spanning from the 80s into the early 90s) and competitive every game... Than have a team with no heart... It's embarrassing to watch them play offense right now.

At least then they didn't have a franchise quarterback.. They were expected to lose because of lack of talent, not getting embarrassed because they look like they are walking routes, lack luster blocking, and giving up on the game.

Two completely different things.

Sky King

Reaction score
No. IMHO, what we have here is a team that was anticipated by many to challenge the Patriots in the next SB; both coach and QB that have touted this O line as the best they've had during the past 10 years; a stout RB that was a lock to accrue his third 1,000 yard season; a WR who was paid a handsome sum of money because he was a core player and quasi superstar; a WR corps that was considered by many on this board to be one of the best in the NFL, including the next "superstar" according to his QB and coaches; and the reigning league MVP. Plus, an offensive coaching staff that is now so dysfunctional in title and authority that no one can be sure of who's in charge of what and that shows up on the field. The bottom-line of all that (with one game left in the regular season) is an underachieving team that has woefully failed to live up to everyones' stated expectations (and that now scares Packers fans far more than it does their team's opponents).

With all due respects, in no way would I chastise "spoiled" fans for expressing their deep disappointment at being let down by this team's front office, coaching staff, senior staff writer, and certain players who have touted this dissipating sizzle as being steak. Nor would I credit any cockeyed optimist fans should the Packers miraculously pull-off the season-ending equivalent of a Hail Mary victory by running the table.

Some fans are now venting their frustrations for what they view as underachievement and a misrepresentation of the brand. There's no real harm in that. Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with any fan's healthy expression of their free speech. Cheer or boo all you want.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Amazing the heated debates Packer fans have in the course of a 10-5 season

This is like the 30th time people have said this... lol

This team is an embarrassment. I'd rather be 3-13

Thanks for being here to prove my point.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for being here to prove my point.

I'm not proving your point... I'm telling you there is a difference in expectations. The Packers have what is widely known as one of the best quarterbacks in the league, their defense is playing relatively well. And yet they are not even competitive in the biggest of games. It's disappointing. Not because of losing, but because of how they lose.

I for one am saying it's not the record that is dis-heartening to fans, and it's not the fans fault for being frustrated. By that logic than Rodgers is the most entitled quarterback in the league as his frustration is apparent along with many of the players. And I don't believe that... He expected his team to go out and fight for a top spot and they are not. That frustration doesn't make him entitled.

It's understanding the difference in what is expected of the team and what is happening on the field.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So fans can't ***** about after a 8-38 drubbing? I usually don't visit forums after a loss, but this is one game that sheer abysmal-ity of the offence deserves *****ing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So fans can't ***** about after a 8-38 drubbing? I usually don't visit forums after a loss, but this is one game that sheer abysmal-ity of the offence deserves *****ing.
Wasn't referring to the reaction to yesterdays game at all.....if you follow the thread, was referring to posts prior to mine. Basically, instead of constructive criticism or casual observations, some take their frustrations out on other posters.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From PB definition... Anyone who gets frustrated during a 10-5 season. (Even if they lose 38-8)

Tbh, that is a crap definition. QB's are intensely competitive and I don't think there is any QB who will not be frustrated after that drubbing, entitled or not. And a 10-5 season for the current Packer team is just not good enough. We have the talent to achieve better.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't referring to the reaction to yesterdays game at all.....if you follow the thread, was referring to posts prior to mine. Basically, instead of constructive criticism or casual observations, some take their frustrations out on other posters.

Can't disagree with that. It's the usual case after a loss.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts