10. Vikings- L
11. Patriots- L
12. Seahawks- L
13. Jets- W
14. 49ers- W
15. Lions- L
16. Vikings- L
17. Bears- L

2-14 maybe 3-13, we might be heading for an early, early pick again !!!!

Come on and shoot me if you like !!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Eagles Rams and Bills games are winnable with Favre and possibly against the bears at home so I think a 10 and 6 season isn't too unreasonable, but the offseason and draft hasnt happened yet so its too early to really predict. I don't think you can really make predictions in a case without Favre because we don't really know who we have at QB. Aaron Rodgers hasn't played enough to know how good/bad he is going to be.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO,

We split with dabearsstillsuck and the viqueens; we beat the lions twice = 4-2 within NFC North.

Beat Saints, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, and 49ers, and Bills.

Lose to Rams, Bills, and Seahawks.

But there hasn't been a draft or practice session, yet, and my crystal balls are still hung over. :packbeer:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose to the eagles, the season is a failure in my book, I'd rather go 1-15 beating the Eagles, than go 8-8 and remain in this quasi-positive limbo that we're stuck in right now

For one, why do we have to play there three years in a row (four counting 4th and 26th)--for two, this re-spawns 4th and 26 discussions and I have to hear it from Eagles fans about how we've lost to them, probably four times in a row, even though last year shouldn't really count because both teams sucked, for three, you know damn well i will be on here cracking sherman one liners, e.g... "should send bidwell into punt right now", etc.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From an outsiders point of view, 10-6 with or without Brett, is unrealistic. Your current cap situation and the moves, or lack thereof, have me thinking your front office is waiting for Brett to leave before making some huge splash and an attempt at returning to Packer football as it is known throughout.

I would think with that schedule, you have good shots at 1 or both games against Detroit (though I like the way Kitna manages a game), San Fran and the Jets. You will likely take one of the Queens games, too. For my sake, I hope you beat New Orleans, but if Brees is healthy, I don't see it. If he isn't ready yet, you will take that one. Just my opinion.

4-12 to 6-10.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
From an outsiders point of view, 10-6 with or without Brett, is unrealistic. Your current cap situation and the moves, or lack thereof, have me thinking your front office is waiting for Brett to leave before making some huge splash and an attempt at returning to Packer football as it is known throughout.

I would think with that schedule, you have good shots at 1 or both games against Detroit (though I like the way Kitna manages a game), San Fran and the Jets. You will likely take one of the Queens games, too. For my sake, I hope you beat New Orleans, but if Brees is healthy, I don't see it. If he isn't ready yet, you will take that one. Just my opinion.

4-12 to 6-10.

The homer-ism on this board is unbelievable--oh yeah packers! 10-6 no matter what...i'm realistic, as of right now, i say we push for 8-8 if favre returns...i agree more with this post above--i really don't think that this team has added enough to compete with the other teams in the conference. We have Ryan Pickett, who is more durable than Grady Jackson, but is not better than Grady Jackson. Ben Taylor can tackle, Nick Barnett can tackle--but our LB core lacks athleticism. Our pass rush is still N/A, KGB is a bona fide underachiever, no other threat than Aaron kampman, who produces because of effort and not overall ability. We're not going to force turnovers--Manuel's zero career interceptions means he'll fit into this secondary real well...our offense, in order to cut short a long rant--we dont know who our QB is, our best reciever is pissy, our tight end's range extends 8 yards downfield, our o-line has a new scheme but that doesn't matter, ahman green and najeh davenport are a year older with additional injuries

There is a positive side that you can look at, but I often ignore--we play a last place schedule. This team lost several games by small margins last year--both games to minnesota, carolina, pittsburgh, cleveland, etc...but I don't think we've added enough to overcome these short defecits...and oh yeah our kicker sucks--and who is our return man anyway?

I'm not conceding defeat...yet...but here is what needs to be done for this team to compete:
1) Brett Favre needs to come back
**don't give me this "make the team competitive" ****, the brett favre i know has been able to lead his team to victory no matter what--this includes eliminating charity throws to the other team. Brett, if you don't think you can do this anymore, don't come back--I'm begining to think his 29 picks last year was no abberation, and he simply can't do it anymore, he's 35 years old...and Brett wants a team around him to cover up--there, I said it, fire away

2) Get one of Ahmad Plummer or Charles Woodson
**Carroll can be a solid contributor--but not a starter, yet...Harris-Plummer-Carroll-Hawkins looks solid, compared to Jason Horton stepping on the field

3)Trade Javon Walker
**If he doesn't want to play for us, get him out of here--get a day one pick for him, and we'll get someone else who is enthusiastic about playing in green and gold--this is not about TT "sticking to his guns", this is about getting one of the multiple bad PR-lines this team has streaming from within. Just trade him to the AFC.

4)Keep the 5th pick
**This team needs to get a blue chip, impact player in here to help begin to turn this team around, AJ Hawk, Mario Williams, or Vernon Davis.

5) Speed on Defense
**It's too early to get into X's and O's...but so often this team nearly missed out on stopping teams on 3rd downs, letting guys catch and run for first downs, etc. If not AJ Hawk in the first round, try for Bobby Carpenter, or AJ Nicholson in later rounds. I'd also like to see another rusher off the edge, maybe from the late rounds if we can't get Mario. On passing situations, KGB will still get mauled

Just the entire week and a half of everyone *****ing has culminated in this, I'm not saying we can't be a good team, we just need more to get it done

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill judge when the team is actually built. but theres probably an extra loss or 2 without favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Maybe it is early but... here comes my WIN/LOSE projecti

yeah, ill be shocked if we win any games without brett. :roll:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ill judge when the team is actually built. but theres probably an extra loss or 2 without favre.

"An extra loss or two..."

Are you out of your friggin' mind..???

Yeah..Brett Favre is only worth 1-2 wins per year..What the hell are we hanging on to his lame *** for...TT should cut him already.....

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
4-12 WITH brett last year, 66.

lol, Good point.

I'm gonna say we go 8-8 next year.

Better yet... 16-0. Can't hurt to be optimistic.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
popcynical said..

tromadz wrote:
4-12 WITH brett last year, 66.

lol, Good point.

I'm gonna say we go 8-8 next year.

Better yet... 16-0. Can't hurt to be optimistic.

(Yeah.Yeah...hahaha..good point..)

Laugh on...ingrates...

Would have been 0-16 with Rodgers at the helm...

(When will you jack***** learn that he had no one to throw to last year..and no running game...)

Yes..we understand that...

But it's all Favre's fault anyway....

(i'm convinced that alot of people on this forum just don't know what the hell they are talking about...)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think a few of the ingrates need to be reminded what those scores could have been like without Brett.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:
Would have been 0-16 with Rodgers at the helm...

(i'm convinced that alot of people on this forum just don't know what the hell they are talking about...)

You know, I wasnt sure if you had some hidden football knowledge in that skull of yours, but this sealed it. Nothing in there.

0-16 with a-rod? the sad thing is you're serious.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok..

maybe 1-15...

you happy now..??

(I know in the magic fairy land that you live in 1st Year Rookie QB's that play for GB tear up the league throwing for 3,500 yards and 30 TD's..but it doesn't work that way in real life son....especially with the pourous o-line, lack of running game, and NO receivers that the Pack had last year (Add on top of that the burden of the stellar play calling of SherRossley last year!)...but you keep on believing in that just like i'm sure you do the Easter Bunny and Santy Claus....because somehow I feel that you need to believe in these things...)

I guess your football knowledge is sprinkled with fairy dust and moonbeams...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...nobody said anything about 3,500 yards and 30 TDs.

i love when your argument is so bad, that you put words in other peoples mouths.

thats the biggest sign of a person with a weak argument, and a small mind. yeah, thats you.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right...

So Tromadz...

Do you think that Aaron Rodgers is almost as good as Brett Favre is right now..??

Please answer this..i'm dying to hear your response....

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ok..

maybe 1-15...

you happy now..??

(I know in the magic fairy land that you live in 1st Year Rookie QB's that play for GB tear up the league throwing for 3,500 yards and 30 TD's..but it doesn't work that way in real life son....especially with the pourous o-line, lack of running game, and NO receivers that the Pack had last year...but you keep on believing in that just like i'm sure you do the Easter Bunny and Santy Claus....because somehow I feel that you need to believe in these things...)

I guess your football knowledge is sprinkled with fairy dust and moonbeams...

Man 66, I love your witty posts during this potentially very bleak time. Santy Claus and the Easter Bunny... lmao...you still have me chuckling !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
witty? if by witty you mean "make stuff up" then yes, very witty.

Nobody says the things that he tells us we say. its a shame, that he posts here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Can't even make it two full pages?

We're better than this people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts