Marty Schottenheimer still can win the big one

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got a team that is loaded. They play well all season and look to be the team to beat and then the playoffs begin and he can't win. Does that sound at all familiar to those who remember him as the coach of KC. During the season his teams were tough as nails, but they couldn't win in the playoffs.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SHUT UP. THAT LOSE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COACHES ALL PLAYERS. IM TIRED OF PEOPLE BLAMING SAYING STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and Dungy both have the "Cant win the big game" label. Cowher shook the label last year with a little help from the zebras.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should give him at least one more year. The Chargers did so good this year. Just give the guy a little more time.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually stick up for Schottenheimer's teams, but I know better than to become emotionally involved with them. This time, I was encouraged to see that he was not wearing a head set during the game. This meant that he would have less ability to make horrible game-losing decisions. He did make one really bad replay challenge, but really, it was his players who lost the game. Too many drops, and one unbelievably stupid penalty. I feel bad for Marty. Again.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid challenge when you would've really needed that timeout later.

Stupid move going for it on 4th and 11 when you could've kicked a 48 yard field goal or at least attempted too.

Marty played his role in the Chargers lost today.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pat's have won before. Brady has won before

The fact that Brady has won before brought out the best of the best in the Pat's in the 4th quarter.

The fact that Brady has won before, and before, brought out the worst of the worst in the Charger "D" in the 4th Quarter. Karma baby.

This loss is not about how "Marty" is a loser..... This win is about how Brady is a winner. I wish the press and people in general would get off the Marty thing and focus on the Brady thing.

Fact is.... Brady is GREAT. He is a winner. He will go down in history as a top 5 QB in the history of the NFL.

RP

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marty Schottenheimer 'improved' his Mike Sherman-esque playoff record to 5-13 :rotflmao:

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stupid move going for it on 4th and 11 when you could've kicked a 48 yard field goal or at least attempted too.

Yup, that lost timeout cost them at the end of the game. And, didn't is seem that SD really rushed that FG attempt at the end. Why would that situation be any different than a normal attempt?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, Tom Brady didn't win this game, no matter how you want to see it and nothing he did today was great. In fact, I thought he stunk. Usually he plays better than this. I was shocked to see him play so poorly. To finally put together a few drives at the end of the game does not make him a winner, especially when then Chargers gave it to them.

the INT on fourth down, should have been knocked down and not caught. Throw in the Personal Foul on the sack.

The Chargers didn't execute. It should have been over by the end of the third quarter.

Whether you want to blame the stupid errors, (dropped passes, personal fouls, dropped INTs, caught INTs that should have been knocked down) on the players or the coaches, it's your choice.

I say Marty is never going to win the Superbowl.

Consistency at the end of the year is what wins the Superbowl. Belichick gets it out of his players.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True. I didn't find out about that 4th and 11 until today, because I missed that part of the game. Another thing I missed was that Schottenheimer wasted a timeout late in the game when one of his players was injured.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

With their performance on Sunday, the Chargers gave their coach a different kind of Gatorade shower.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts