1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Roman wants OUT of Green Bay

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, May 7, 2006.

1. Packman5

Packman5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If we got Jones then it would mess up our RB core i mean one of the 3 would probably have to go cus i doubt the packers want to have 4 running backs and if green is healthy the whole yr this would be a dumb trade. Get someone we need this year.

2. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We could certainly afford to lose Davenport. He is never healthy for an entire year anyway. I think Jones would even be an upgrade over Green.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Good Bye then.

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

I would take Jones in a second. He is going to be a stud! Was banged up a little but I like him. Who else do you know that can rack up rookie stats AND second year stats in the same year, 2004? :wink:

5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    so much for changing my user name to a mark roman-theme...

6. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    so much for changing my user name to a mark roman-theme...

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    as the scout said there is no long term solution at RB. If we could get Jones and lock him long term that's a good get. That's IF we get em which is probably doubtful.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roman should be cut pronto since he is such a candy-*** little turd.

How dare the Packers expect him to compete for his position...especially after his stellar performance the last 2 years.

My guess is his attitude will change quickly, or the coaching staff will change it for him...with a change of employment status.

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i think somebody needs an attitude adjustment... i'd be a rich young man if i had a nickel for every time my pop told me that.

10. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    some time between high school, college, and the pro's--some players lose sight of what it is they're really doing, and who they really are--you play A GAME for a living...that I wish I could still play...this isnt football here, this is just sports as a whole...the contract Roman signed with the Packers (4 yrs/$7mill-ish (?) ) is enough that he won't have to work another day in his life, plus being a big pro athlete offers opportunities like broadcasting, coaching, front office jobs, etc...they just dont realize how good they have it...

11. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    There is some comfort in knowing that this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue. I remember years back when we started getting some attitude stuff going on and for a period this was being tolerated.
    The position of this staff is clearly stated and Roman can go roam around somewhere else. Even if he was above marginal status, which he is not, this kind of stuff has got to go.
    Roman is making an idiot out of himself. He deserves no communication on their part in making moves that helps this team get better. None. He ought to be worried about his tackling skills far more than the Packers communication skills.

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

warhawk...I agree about the Roman part but the jury is still out on the statement "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue". I'm not saying this is wrong but where are you getting this idea from? Roman asked to be released or traded...management said "no".

Walker asked to be released or traded....management said "no" then caved in to his demands. I'm not in disagreement with managements final decision on Walker. It got to the point where we had to do something or get nothing. Based on what has happened so far, I'm just not ready to say that "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue".

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Roman and Walker arent the same people. Walker is actually quite talented (when healthy). Roman is...Roman.

We could cut him and nobody would notice for a couple days, then get picked up like Robert Thomas did.

I still say trade him...get something for him.

14. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah as i said before we should hopefully be able to get a 2nd day pick for him and we should w8 2 cut him untill nobody will give us anything for him.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    with TTs talent at drafting(although time will tell, but on the surface...it looks good) getting a 2nd day pick should be fine.

16. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Depack,
    The two situations are different.
    I belive that TT was playing poker in the Walker deal, making it appear he would be willing to let him sit, until the draft, when he could get the most he was going to get.

It would not have been good buisness to let him sit. We get nothing from him in '06 and nothing for him next year when he becomes a FA.

As far as attitudes and work ethics I see a different stand. They cut Hunt, they look like they will cut, I forget his name, the DT that showed up out of shape, and look to want guys with the right attitude.

I was speaking of several years ago when we had a coach for one season and there were some attitudes in the lockerroom and guys playing music after losses and just not good stuff going on. Brett actually went to management and said this junk had to stop and the coach was gone after one year.
    I don't see TT or MM putting up with that kind of thing.

17. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah he could pick up a 4th round pick and turn it into two fiths a sixth and a 7th

18. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't trade our depth at safety! There's no need!

Roman's just unhappy because he performed better last year (no question) and then TT hires his former teammate that he beat out in Cincy to be the starter. No one talked to him about it.

Without him, we've only got 2 competent safeties: Collins and Manuel. One of those guys go down, and we scrabble for a starter. With the current roster, the best lineup with an injury and no Roman would be Woodson at safety and Carroll at CB.

Obviously the media is making a meal out of this story. Roman came to minicamp without a problem. All the coaches need to do is communicate. Something along these lines:
    "We brought in some more experience at safety. We are looking to upgrade the depth at the position. Everyone will have to earn their starting spot. You will have an equal chance to win the starting role."

Worst case, Roman improves his play and beat out Manuel -- we end up with a more focused and improved Roman at safety. More likely, both Collins and Manuel have to work harder and we end up with 2 better/more focused players. Sounds like a win-win to me!

GO PACK GO!!!

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If a player has no competition, he has no reason to improve. Maybe this will improve him. If not, HE will be the backup.

20. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why can't Roman battle for the SS and the nickel positions. I think Manuel will start, but he still has to earn it. Roman needs to S T F U and come to camp to kick a$$. I thought his play did improve last year, but then again, he wasn't playing next to the Matador either.

I'm not going to lose any sleep on this one, but what I don't like is that everything is being aired out in public.

21. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mark Roman wants out, what a joke, was he ever in?

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree

I agree

23. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the " Disrespected me" part of it. No player is really disrespected when they sign that contract they answer to whatever the owner or GM wants them to do.

24. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The difference between Walker and Roman is that If TT had of played hardball with Walker and he sat for 10 weeks and walked at the end of the season as a FA, people would scream we got nothing for an offensive playmaker with some good trade value. On the other hand, if Roman was cut by TT tomorrow no one would miss him.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

25. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    so the statement SHOULD say "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue, unless you are good enough for them to get something for you"........fair enough!!