Marcus Lattimore

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to get this kid. I would use a 2nd on him even if he dont play this year. Has AP like vision nuff said! I really think he will come back strong from his injury and will be great. Thoughts?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Honestly, after that injury he sustained, I'd be hesitant to take him before the 3rd round.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even a healthy RB is a risk, and therefore shouldn't be taken with a high round pick. I really wouldn't want to see the Packers go for Lattimore before that last couple of draft rounds - and he will likely be gone by then.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Marcus Lattimore, who's gone out of his way to compliment Ron Dayne. (Seriously, how many kids that age, growing up in SC, are so knowledgeable about Ron Dayne? -As a Wisconsin fan, that immediately won me over.) I really want him to succeed.

Having seen plenty of Lattimore as a Gamecock here in the palmetto state, I would say his physicality after contact is his greatest asset as a player (more so than his vision, which isn't bad by any means). The guy runs with a good pad level and his legs never stop churning. He was a bit shifty but making tacklers miss or outrunning them isn't his game. In college Lattimore looked the way DuJuan Harris would look for Pack toward the end of the season, during those stretches where he was really on. -Except Lattimore was always switched on and it was in the best CFB conference in the country...

I hope he can recover and have a Willis McGahee-type of career in the NFL, but (as a Packer fan) I would be very shy about drafting him before the third, even the fourth round.

OP
OP
gatorpack

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to exaggerate a bit when I talk and we havent had a really good back since Green, so maybe comparing to AP is a little over the top. We need to get the running back position figured out maybe Harris will be the man? Who knows. I watched plenty of Lattimore's games. His vision is awesome if you ask me, but thats just my 2cents . No question he is a wrecking ball but he will also split two defeners. Thats something I really like about him you never know is he going to run you over? Stiff arm you? Or give you a move and get you out of position? I understand why most people wouldnt touch him before the 3rd or 4th round. I just think if he is able to bounce back and stay healty he is going to be a beast in the nfl and it is well worth the risk of a second rd pick. Every one is a risk, are they going to stay healthy? are they even going to be any good? With Lattimore that last part is almost a lock.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I don't think the gamble on Lattimore would be worth it. That knee injury was devistating to see. Knees are not supposed to bend in the opposite direction. Having had 2 gruesome knee injuries back to back, I feel sorry for that young kid and hope he makes a recovery, but I wouldn't waste a pick like that on him when we could use that pick for someone less troubled by injury.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying this for months. There's no doubt that he's sustained two gruesome injuries. But, I think it's worth the risk b/c the upside is unreal for this kid. And remember, McGahee suffered a devastating injury before the draft and has had a great career. I understand it's one injury, compared to two. But, I get the impression this kid has the tenacity of AP in getting after his rehab. Not saying he's going to be AP in his play, but he seems to have that special quality about him. And if he's able to return, he'd be huge for this offense!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ yes, but you do have to consider that he had one devistating knee injury to each knee, so he has two week spots not just one. Plus the fact that RB's in GB tend to get injured easily.....must be something they put in the cheese.

Members online

Latest posts