Losing At Lambeau

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Lambeau field was rebuilt recently, Packers never was comfortable playing there. Before that No one beat Packers there. Isn't this odd? What changed there before the rebuilding and after? People may say that it is just superstition but think again. There is something else wrong, what could it be. Anyone who know Lambeau before and after the rebuilding want to comment?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think rebuilding has NOTHING to do with it. We just had an unbelieveable run of playoff wins there, because we had talented teams.
It's no more or less then any other teams has had. But because the Packers DID win so many playoff wins there, the "Lambeau Mystique" was made up. It's JUST a building, where football games are played. Some are won, some are lost.
It's just that simple in my opinion.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its just that we havn't taken in the fact that we are not in the superbowl. Just have to realize that, we are not the same team as before.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If tou take the ANY of the Packers' superbowl team and play the 07-08 team we would get our *** kicked. You cant even compare them.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey is right, the rebuilding has nothing to do with anything.
Obviously you weren't around in the 70's and 80's which by the way was before the rebuilding.
Do you think those were comfortable times at Lambeau Field.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think rebuilding has NOTHING to do with it. We just had an unbelieveable run of playoff wins there, because we had talented teams.
It's no more or less then any other teams has had. But because the Packers DID win so many playoff wins there, the "Lambeau Mystique" was made up. It's JUST a building, where football games are played. Some are won, some are lost.
It's just that simple in my opinion.

You're probably right. I think the Lombardi teams were just that good, and the teams we had in the 90s were spectacular as well. I don't think any of the 2000s teams can compare, except maybe this years.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If tou take the ANY of the Packers' superbowl team and play the 07-08 team we would get our *** kicked. You cant even compare them.

The team 10 years ago probably would have won, but you can't really compare the earlier era teams to any current day team. The players are so much bigger and more athletic now, it wouldn't even be fair.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:

The team 10 years ago probably would have won, but you can't really compare the earlier era teams to any current day team. The players are so much bigger and more athletic now, it wouldn't even be fair.

Hourning, Taylor, Willie Davis, Ray Nithchke, Starr would have been great in any era.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Profizzle99 said:

Hourning, Taylor, Willie Davis, Ray Nithchke, Starr would have been great in any era.
and Herb Adderly :D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Profizzle99 said:

and Herb Adderly :D

yeah, herb could jump up and touch the cross bar on the field goal w/his elbow, aderly was truly a great athlete.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was just a streak. Cheesey is right it had nothing to do with the construction and renovation of Lambeau Field.

There are alway's streaks and they always end.

The Raiders had Monday Night Mystique... They were the winningest team in Mondy Night Football History. Now they can not even get a game on Monday night.

The Philidelphia Flyers had a hell of a streak 36-3-1 when Kate Smith sang GOD BLESS AMERICA at center ice before the game.

It ended too....

God that still sends chills down my spine. Kate Smith at the Spectrum in Game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup. Boston Vs. The Flyers.

Here she is singing GOD BLESS AMERICA with a 36-3-1 record for the Flyers (WATCH THE END.) BOBBY ORR and PHIL ESPOSITO from Boston were so moved they had to shake her hand afterwords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gHxfGKjA1M

Chills for us old folks here who remember old time hockey streaks.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was it rebuilt?
2003. They didn't change anything in the "bowl", but they built the Atrium and Packer pro shop, and put the packer Hall of Fame in it, where it used to be across the street from Lambeau Field. They put in new locker rooms, new weight rooms and all the extras for the players. They also put a new concourse with concession stands and bathrooms. But the actual field is the same.

Reaction score
I'm one who firmly believes that this young team has to learn to win at home in January.

The losses at home under Sherman, IMO, were reflective of poor depth. When we suffered injuries, we were basically going to raw back-ups that hadn't the fondest idea of playing in the NFL.

Latest posts