1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Losing At Lambeau

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LonelyPoet, Jan 22, 2008.

1. LonelyPoet

LonelyPoet Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    After the Lambeau field was rebuilt recently, Packers never was comfortable playing there. Before that No one beat Packers there. Isn't this odd? What changed there before the rebuilding and after? People may say that it is just superstition but think again. There is something else wrong, what could it be. Anyone who know Lambeau before and after the rebuilding want to comment?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I really think rebuilding has NOTHING to do with it. We just had an unbelieveable run of playoff wins there, because we had talented teams.
    It's no more or less then any other teams has had. But because the Packers DID win so many playoff wins there, the "Lambeau Mystique" was made up. It's JUST a building, where football games are played. Some are won, some are lost.
    It's just that simple in my opinion.

3. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i agree with you cheesey

4. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its just that we havn't taken in the fact that we are not in the superbowl. Just have to realize that, we are not the same team as before.

5. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems altogethe there are a lot more road wins in the playoffs then there use to be. I think parity of the modern NFL can be the reason

6. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If tou take the ANY of the Packers' superbowl team and play the 07-08 team we would get our *** kicked. You cant even compare them.

7. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey is right, the rebuilding has nothing to do with anything.
    Obviously you weren't around in the 70's and 80's which by the way was before the rebuilding.
    Do you think those were comfortable times at Lambeau Field.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're probably right. I think the Lombardi teams were just that good, and the teams we had in the 90s were spectacular as well. I don't think any of the 2000s teams can compare, except maybe this years.

9. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with cheesey

10. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The team 10 years ago probably would have won, but you can't really compare the earlier era teams to any current day team. The players are so much bigger and more athletic now, it wouldn't even be fair.

11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hourning, Taylor, Willie Davis, Ray Nithchke, Starr would have been great in any era.

12. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When was it rebuilt?

13. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and Herb Adderly :D

14. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, herb could jump up and touch the cross bar on the field goal w/his elbow, aderly was truly a great athlete.

15. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I bet Adderly would of shut down Plax plus returned one for the winning score

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ha ha, yeah that would have been great.

17. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It was just a streak. Cheesey is right it had nothing to do with the construction and renovation of Lambeau Field.

There are alway's streaks and they always end.

The Raiders had Monday Night Mystique... They were the winningest team in Mondy Night Football History. Now they can not even get a game on Monday night.

The Philidelphia Flyers had a hell of a streak 36-3-1 when Kate Smith sang GOD BLESS AMERICA at center ice before the game.

It ended too....

God that still sends chills down my spine. Kate Smith at the Spectrum in Game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup. Boston Vs. The Flyers.

Here she is singing GOD BLESS AMERICA with a 36-3-1 record for the Flyers (WATCH THE END.) BOBBY ORR and PHIL ESPOSITO from Boston were so moved they had to shake her hand afterwords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gHxfGKjA1M

Chills for us old folks here who remember old time hockey streaks.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    2003. They didn't change anything in the "bowl", but they built the Atrium and Packer pro shop, and put the packer Hall of Fame in it, where it used to be across the street from Lambeau Field. They put in new locker rooms, new weight rooms and all the extras for the players. They also put a new concourse with concession stands and bathrooms. But the actual field is the same.

19. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm one who firmly believes that this young team has to learn to win at home in January.

The losses at home under Sherman, IMO, were reflective of poor depth. When we suffered injuries, we were basically going to raw back-ups that hadn't the fondest idea of playing in the NFL.