LJ holding out...the packers..oh what could have been

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LJ has two years left on his rookie deal and wants LT money. His agent was a rapper...not smart. The chiefs knew he was a head case...they could have gotten a decent back in the draft along with some picks...now LJ will hold out...and the chiefs look stupid. The man had 400 plus carries last year...Boy...he would have looked good in the green and gold.

Reaction score
Boy...he would have looked good in the green and gold.

I don't think so.

He'd demand WAY too much money, and the 400+ carries the last couple of years have brought on wear and tear on his body.

There is no telling how long he'll be able to continue doing what he does. LJ wants a big time salary, with a contract that'll take him to at least 32 years of age. Getting locked into that long of a contract might have been a short-term solution, but it'd hurt us in the long run.

Also, The Chiefs tried to squeeze the Dolphins to give up more than market value for Trent Green. I'd have to imagine they'd demand an arm and a leg from the Packers, which would also hurt our long term future.

It wasn't worth it...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
He'd demand WAY too much money, and the 400+ carries the last couple of years have brought on wear and tear on his body.

LJ hardly has any mileage on him. People act like hitting 400 carries is the end of the world. He played 1 year in college and 2 in the NFL so far. LT played 3 years in college. LT's first 4 years in NFL he carried the ball 1363. LG has been in the NFL 4 years but only played 2 full and carried the ball 892 times thats atleast a full season less wear then LT had in his 1st 4 years plus 2 years less in college. Now you forget all about how many times LT has caught the ball compared to LJ. LJ has caught the ball 95 times in 4 years compared to LT's 291 times catching the ball. Now if you add all that up in LT touched the ball 667 times more in his 1st 4 years compared to LJ thats close to 2 years more. Its called facts if LJ was in a offense that was more balanced his carries would go down.

And LJ has only had 400+ carries once, not last couple of years. His 1st year-20 carries, 2nd year-120, 3rd year-336, 4th year- 416.

The money issue is a whole another subject.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to me... there is a HUGE gap between Larry and Ladanian. carries or not, LT is worth every penny and has good character to boot.

LJ, overrated, not worth the money and DEFINETLY not worth the money in a system known for takin no one and making them 1000 yard rushers.
hes definetly better(well at least hes proven more so far) than what we have now, but is he THAT much better for THAT much money.. no.

Bring on Courtney anderson.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LJ hardly has any mileage on him. People act like hitting 400 carries is the end of the world. He played 1 year in college and 2 in the NFL so far. LT played 3 years in college. LT's first 4 years in NFL he carried the ball 1363. LG has been in the NFL 4 years but only played 2 full and carried the ball 892 times thats atleast a full season less wear then LT had in his 1st 4 years plus 2 years less in college. Now you forget all about how many times LT has caught the ball compared to LJ. LJ has caught the ball 95 times in 4 years compared to LT's 291 times catching the ball. Now if you add all that up in LT touched the ball 667 times more in his 1st 4 years compared to LJ thats close to 2 years more. Its called facts if LJ was in a offense that was more balanced his carries would go down

The first three names that come to mind in the subject of 'used and abused' running backs are Earl Campbell, Eddie George and Jamal Anderson...but what sets Larry apart is what this post mentions that he only started one season at penn state...figure that saves at least 600 carries right there...I know George and Campbell were solid contributors all four seasons; don't know about Anderson, don't care.

Larry didn't slow down at all in his high-carry seasons...and last year's playoff game I think the Colts just planned to take him out of the game.

I speak for any Penn State/Packer fan saying that this scenario is filed away in the dream world category...however if there's a way for this to happen, make it happen...Johnson might get a lot of money but figure...sometime in the next 2-3 years, we're gonna have all of Brett Favre's capspace back...and no big money QB to replace him...

Running backs are very hit and miss in regards to drafting one...certainly some first round picks have come through...but to give up a little bit extra to obtain an already developed back like Larry Johnson...I'm down...

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has no O-line and is constantly facing an 8 man front. LJ is a great back. Certainly better than anyone we have here

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He has no O-line and is constantly facing an 8 man front. LJ is a great back. Certainly better than anyone we have here

isnt that the same agrument some people have said bout our o-l

;)

Members online

Latest posts