Let's extend Sherman's contract 5 more years...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean...to be fair..we have to give him a chance now..Five years is not that long a time, and he seems like such a nice man. He goes to church and all and for all we know doesn't kick his dog or his wife. We just have to get behind our "leader" and have faith that he knows what he is doing. After all..he seems like a "moral" man that has "integrity."

He also has a winning record. Did you know that? Sherman has the best record next to Lombardi as a HC in the PAcker's organization. As a matter of fact, I will be so bold to state that, given the appropriate amount of time, Sherman will be a BETTER coach than Lombardi, and the SB trophy will be renamed.."the Sherman Trophy", and they will expunge that fellow Lombardi's name from it.

So, in light of this fact, and to be fair...we must give him a fair shake. Let's get behind our coach. Write letters to the local the media telling him we are behind him..win or lose. He is a christian soldier and Green Bay is a shining city on a hill...so we know he will prevail.

Even though now it looks like he doesn't know his *** from his elbow, and cannot coach his way out of a wet paper sack--we have to stand behind our "coach" and believe. Let us not be "fair weather fans", and let's show everybody that the Green Bay Packer "fan" is the "greatest" in the world by supporting Coach Sherman.

And in light of his total ineptitude as GM, we can not hold this against Coach Sherman..can we?. And the fact that Favre now has absolutely no weapons at receiver to throw to--it is not his fault. So our play calling has become as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. We cannot blame Mike, or Tom Rossley now..can we? --Then we must not despair.

We cannot blame Mike Sherman for the current predicament that the Green Bay Packers are in--even though he has had total control of all football operations for five years--we must give him more time..Perhaps five more? We must be patient..for we are PAcker fans...and we are long-suffering...we couldn't have seen this coming, after all.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Let's extend Sherman's contract 5 more years..

the time management and playcalling is...that was just unacceptable.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I want to argue with you so bad P@ck66 but you know what? I can't right now...simply can't.

Everything you say today looks to be true. He did a ****-poor job today with playcalling and clock mgmt. Oh, and by the way, I am so damn sick and tired and watching our secondary rack flag after flag....just can't take it anymore.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself Mr Pack66. In one part of your post you say we should sign him to a 5 year extension. You also say the troubles the Packers have are not his fault. But then you go on to say he "doesn't know his *** from his elbow" and he "can't coach his way out of a paper sack".

Then later, you say "we cannot blame Sherman for the current predicament the Packers are in".

I am so confused. Please let us know how you feel about Sherman. And sir....please try to be consistent. You come off real wishy-washy. Do you really know football?

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's hear agin how Sherman has kept his teams together through all the injuires, let's hear about is regular season record etc.

No, let's hear how he had very talented teams underachieve, let's hear how the Lambeau home field advantage came crashing down under Sherman.

Let's hear how he now has a very average team playing at a very below average level.

Thing's have not changed at all! Great talent 1 and done in the playoffs except for the year :evil: he scapegoated Donnatel. 4TH AND 6 INCHES WITH THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE NFL AGAINST A GASSED DEFENSE FOR THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP. PUNT ??????????? MY GOD!

Now he has average talent and he can't even get them to play to their average ability level. This team is a .500 team, if we saw some good thing's, we can handle it. But we are seeing the same crap.

Did Sherman only get two years so that they only have to buy out one year if Thompson is not satisfied? Thompson has 3. :pray:

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sherman is consistant with one thing! His teams have always underachieved. :whippin:

FL Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Quit whining....Christ you idiots sound like eagle fans!

Right on! Sherman isn't the one that put that crappy *** oline on the field. Why the heck is TT "planning for the future" with a team that has made it to the playoffs year in and year out?!!?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packman4Favre said:
4TH AND 6 INCHES WITH THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE NFL AGAINST A GASSED DEFENSE FOR THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP. PUNT ??????????? MY GOD!

NOW YOURE SPEAKIN MY LANGUAGE

...HE'S GOTTA GO

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the o line? the oline was good, you fool. Favre was planning his vacations in the pocket he had that much time back there to throw.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because they have done nothing with the talent when they did have it.

You think it's the O line! Sherman said himself that they played well against Detroit.

PENATIES and QUALITY control are the issues. That's game prep, that's coaching!!!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packman4Favre said:
PENATIES and QUALITY control are the issues. That's game prep, that's coaching!!!!

yeah, no mental preparedness, repeated mistakes that drew flags, two horrendous bad defensive calls that led to long cleveland touchdowns, no clue how to run any semblance of a hurry up offense, a pathetic onside kick effort, yeah thats all bad coaching...

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why the timeout with 3:15 to go on 3rd and 5? Basically if they get the 1st at that point the game is over.

Save the timeout and if they get the first you still have 2 and the warning . Puzzling move right there.

If they don't get the first you get the ball with about 2:15 or so the warning and timeout.

Sherman mortgaged the game on one down with 3:15 left.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A good head coach must be brave, intelligent, smart, etc... Sherman might only be intelligent, but he is not brave, nor smart, he really needs to go IF HE WAS HONEST ENOUGH HE WILL RESIGN, BUT HE IS NOT so we must be here for a loosing season eating crap thanks to this guy,,,, I am sorry but loosing to the Browns, well we might be looking for the next years 1st Draft pick !!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Geez...

i thought you knew me better DePack...

that was SARCASM...if you didn't know.....!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would think Sherman is honest and smart..... just no guts.

Now this is just me - and several will automatically disagree... (whatever)

I see this as a result of Mike Sherman's long-lived friendship with a "conservative" Offisenive Coordinator.... especially in the War Room. It's almost like we're worried more that a plan of attack might not work... than.. simply enforcing the idea of "go out and get it done, men!"

Like the man said: "What the hell's goin' on out there...?"

The Players say... they like playing for Mike Sherman... Didn't they say that for Ray Rhodes, too? Being a Player's Coach never won SuperBowls last time I checked. If you're arm is goin' gang-green, ya cut it off, am I correct?

All I know is somethin' needs to change.. and it should happen yesterday.
We have a young-er team these days.. and the Coach should be making these fellas feel like they have some freedom to step up and make suggestions and add a voice of leadership.. What we do not know is whether the after-game locker room meetings are beneficial... or what..?

For the time being... it ain't happenin'..!

Members online

Latest posts