Letroy Guion arrested for DUI

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunno all about the Guion situation except what I read here, the question I would have is what is in the contract and what would the players union have on this? Does the team accept responsibility for the actions of its player in cases of this sort or does the CBA take control with the NFL in a leadership roll? I do understand the Shield takes precedence over all and the image is more important than the individual. That is why the team will end up waiting until the 4 game suspension is up before making a direct decision. The money is probably not important, but the quality of the player is. Good luck with this one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dunno all about the Guion situation except what I read here, the question I would have is what is in the contract and what would the players union have on this?

The Packers restructured Guion's deal once they learned from his four game suspension to start the 2017 season. While he already received a $200K workout bonus there's no further guaranteed money included and Letroy has to make the roster first to collect the remaining prorated portion of his $1.7 million base salary and be active for games to cash in another $100K per game.

If Thompson decides to release the defensive lineman after week 4 the team would take a cap hit of $530K in dead money.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers restructured Guion's deal once they learned from his four game suspension to start the 2017 season. While he already received a $200K workout bonus there's no further guaranteed money included and Letroy has to make the roster first to collect the remaining prorated portion of his $1.7 million base salary and be active for games to cash in another $100K per game.

If Thompson decides to release the defensive lineman after week 4 the team would take a cap hit of $530K in dead money.
It's a terrific opportunity for young DL guys to make Guion totally irrelevant.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we keep him around, for a good mid season boost for the dline... I really like Guion. Him and Daniels have held this dline together for a while now...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason Guion is hanging around is the injury bug. If dl guys go down, the Packers will have no choice but to activate Guion after his suspension. Last year was a good example that the Packers can pile up injuries at a position group like cb and torpedo the season. The Packers would be foolish to let that happen at dl, thats why he's on the roster.