Letroy Guion arrested for DUI

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not sure they will cut him. He can get the DUI jammed up in court probably until the end of season. I don'the believe he can be suspended by the NFL until the matter is resolved in a matter such as this.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure they will cut him. He can get the DUI jammed up in court probably until the end of season. I don'the believe he can be suspended by the NFL until the matter is resolved in a matter such as this.
Isn't he already suspended a couple games this upcoming season? I feel like he's had too many strikes against him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Isn't he already suspended a couple games this upcoming season? I feel like he's had too many strikes against him.

Yeah he is suspended first 4 games already. I just don't think NFL can suspend until he is convicted of the DUI. He blew a .086. That's a very beatable DUI.

I am just not convinced the Packers cut him. Maybe they will. Well see.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ricky looks good in camp, I think Letroy will be out of a job. FWIW, they kept 5 DL last year with Daniels, Guion, Clark, Lowry, and Ringo. All 5 of them are currently still with the team with notable additions in Ricky and Montravius.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give price ago he looked pretty good against the lions for 10 plays go look at the game 22 years old no baggage ringo gets swallowed up to easily and is just to small

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang it Guion!!!! Now we need a dang darn nose, for crying out loud. Crap!!!

We better go get Wilfork... we get $3 mil back for dropping guion if I remember right...

Go ..... go now Ted... get Wilfork on the dang phone.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently they don't have Uber in Hawaii for a millionaire to use when impaired :mad:. Should already be a FA, not sure why TT is waiting on him to "grow up". smh

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang it Guion!!!! Now we need a dang darn nose, for crying out loud. Crap!!!

We better go get Wilfork... we get $3 mil back for dropping guion if I remember right...

Go ..... go now Ted... get Wilfork on the dang phone.
There's a reason why he's done you have young guys use them no more retreads please there's a reason why you kept price use the guy

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Time to cut Guion, he already was going to sit the 1st 4 games for a violation of using performance enhancing drugs...this will probably take him out for the season. Add these 2 violations to a prior suspension in 2015 for substance abuse, and you have a person who has bigger things in life to address than playing football. Wish him the best in trying to straighten his life out, but he needs to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the Packers to hold on to Guion after his suspension ends but as long as there aren't several injuries at the position to release him at that point. Unfortunately it seems he can't stay out of trouble even with his career being on the line.

D

Deleted member 6794

Should already be a FA, not sure why TT is waiting on him to "grow up". smh

The Packers don't gain anything by releasing Guion now. I expect the team to cut him once his four game suspension ends though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packer player arrested sounds worse than former Packer player arrested. Public image in the social media world.

I don't think the Packers holding on to Guion after his suspension ends changes the public opinion about the team even a bit.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the heck would we need an old wilfork for?
we have guys in house already
guion is expendable

Other than Adams who has yet to see an NFL snap, I would take Vince Wilfork and the 15-25 snaps per game he would provide us on 1st and 2nd down over any DL we have on the roster straight up.

I know he's contemplating retirement, but he's only mentioned a few teams he's considered playing for after leaving Houston, and one of those is the Packers. As of June 16th he is still 50/50 on retirement. If TT offered a solid 1 year deal, he may go ahead and ink up. I think $3.25-3.75M with $2.75M guaranteed would be a decent number. If Wilfork could somehow mentor a young Adams and Ringo and improve their game, that would pay dividends down the line.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year they left Goodson on the roster while he served his suspension. I felt confident that once his suspension ended, they would jettison him. However, we were in the midst of a CB crisis and they ended up activating him.

The Packers will keep Guion until the suspension is served for the same reason, just in case there is an overriding need to his services mid-season.

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't produced since his first season and is constantly in trouble, time to move on. Should have moved on 2 seasons ago. They say he is a great teammate, this DUI and his suspensions prove otherwise.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut Guion, take the $3.28Mil cap savings, and sign 6'-2", 330 lbs 30 yr. old Dan Williams formerly with Oakland. 1st down run stuffer, help keep other DL's in rotation fresh. He & Price supply the beef inside, let others explode into the backfield and pressure QB's on downs 2 & 3.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Actually "texting and driving" which is much more prevalant is considered much more dangerous then someone driving after 3-4 beers which appears to be Guion's range of consumption based on breathalyzer. Maybe they should start arresting people and taking away there rights away for texting and driving too. This DUI charge isn't gonna stick

What's really amazing to me is the morgue's are packing up with people dead of Fetanyl use right now but people are getting jammed up over .006 alcohol use and driving. Oh that's right. There isn't any money to be made on dead people.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually "texting and driving" which is much more prevalant is considered much more dangerous then someone driving after 3-4 beers which appears to be Guion's range of consumption based on breathalyzer. Maybe they should start arresting people and taking away there rights away for texting and driving too. This DUI charge isn't gonna stick

What's really amazing to me is the morgue's are packing up with people dead of Fetanyl use right now but people are getting jammed up over .006 alcohol use and driving. Oh that's right. There isn't any money to be made on dead people.
Guion was pulled over at or after 4AM and the breathalyzer registered a reading OVER .08, making him legally over the limit. Assuming he started celebrating the night before (e.g. 11PM) that's 5 hours of drinking/partying. For a 300 lb. man that means he had AT LEAST 12 MGD's or Buds (4.2% alcohol - 2+ pitchers!).
http://www.orrlaw.com/aop/dui/prevention/bac-calculators/

Not going to argue that fentanyl, heroine, cocaine and/or pain pills are a societal problem... Guion is a 30 year old millionaire who's been suspended twice for substance issues ~ he should've known better than to drive.

Members online

Latest posts