Leroy Butler

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Leroy as the new defensive cordinator. I'm sure he know's what it takes to make a good defense plus I think he could bring intensity the defense has been lacking. He might not have coaching experience but neither does Slowit

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you need a new HC for that to happen. Sherman wants to keep his "yes man" in place. I think he would help if he was on the sidelines in some type of job.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler, someone all the players respect, knows what it takes to get it done, sure wouldn't hurt if he was there in some type of coaching role!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think leroy would make a good defensive backs coach. All a person has to do is look back at his playing days, to see a man without much speed make plays all the the time being in the right spot. Leory could teach our backfield how to play smart and how to tackle. :mrgreen:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I dunno if LB would make a good DC. I've read his 'column' on the Packers.com site and something about him makes me feel he wouldn't do good. I would DEFINETELY want him over Slowik though. I guess since I can't put my finger on why I think he'd be not so good or whatever gave me that feeling I shouldn't feel that way.

personally I'd go for
Jim Bates if he wont come here
Lionel Washington
LeRoy Butler

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeRoy, as much as I like the guy, is not a DC. He has no coaching experience period. He should be on the staff as a Defensive Assistant or DBs coach but it's a little too early to make him DC.

Eric Mangini and Jim Bates are my two choices for our new DC. We need someone who has no allegiances with anyone in this organization and who isn't afraid to step on some toes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We need someone who has no allegiances with anyone in this organization and who isn't afraid to step on some toes.

EXACTLY

We also need someone who is not afraid to slam people down to the ground. That mooning ordeal did not bother me one fraction of the frustration I endured when I noticed not one single player went over and knocked him flat on his ***. To me, that is YOUR turf you do not allow anyone to disgrace or disrespect your field. Take the 15yd penalty on the kickoff, its worth it. We need some solid no nonsense (I'm gonna beat your *** and take the penalty jus to put the fear of god in your ***) type of Linebackers/D-Linemen. I mean **** our two 'baddest' get in your face players are our Corners Carroll and Harris.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on EC's side.... Reggie White would have went straight to Moss and told him how God just watched him and is ashamed.

The Packers need someone to show them where to draw the line in the sand again!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like others have said, have a great deal of respect for Leroy Butler but he has no coaching experience and could not just jump in and run the whole defense. He could however start small and coach the DBs and work his way up from there. Heck we could even start him with a smaller role but a big role in our hearts, he could coach the team on the proper execution of the Lambeau Leap, he did invent it, so who better.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

Latest posts