Lavvie Dilweg

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ken Crippen certainly thinks so, and after reading his long winded explanation, I would tend to agree with him...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That is a comprehensive and persuasive argument for Dilweg's induction. If his stats are better than contemporaries playing the same position who are in the HOF…

IMO Dilweg joins Jerry Kramer as Packers who should be "slam dunk" inductees to the HOF. Kramer was a five time All Pro and the only member of the NFL's 50th Anniversary All-Time team not in the HOF. Think about that - he was an obvious member of that all-time team yet the only one excluded from the HOF.

Reaction score
That is a comprehensive and persuasive argument for Dilweg's induction. If his stats are better than contemporaries playing the same position who are in the HOF…

IMO Dilweg joins Jerry Kramer as Packers who should be "slam dunk" inductees to the HOF. Kramer was a five time All Pro and the only member of the NFL's 50th Anniversary All-Time team not in the HOF. Think about that - he was an obvious member of that all-time team yet the only one excluded from the HOF.

I've heard the reason Kramer is not in the HOF is because there are to many Lombardi Packers already in the Hall. That is a total pile of crap. He deserves to be in PERIOD.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had never heard of him before this post.

And I second the indignation of Kramer not being in the HoF. I've said many times, the HoF process is flawed. While 90% of the people in it deserve to be in it and 90% of the people not in it don't deserve to be, the process of a local reporter having to make a case for a local player is beyond absurd. If the person doesn't like the player, he doesn't get in, as simple as that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not turn this into poor kramer
I also agree with the rest of the folks saying what a disgrace is for Kramer not being in the Hall of Fame!

I suggest we change the thread tittle to "Kramer and the Hall of Fame: a tale of injustice".

Everyone that agrees say aye!

EDIT: it's a joke!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that it is a travesty that Kramer is not in the HoF, but I don't think this thread should be changed because it is not about Kramer; its about Lavvie Dilweg. Perhaps you could start a new thread on Kramer and the tale of injustice so both men can get some Packer support. :sorry: :blush2:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that it is a travesty that Kramer is not in the HoF, but I don't think this thread should be changed because it is not about Kramer; its about Lavvie Dilweg. Perhaps you could start a new thread on Kramer and the tale of injustice so both men can get some Packer support.
See edit above

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well...I've heard of Lavvie Dilweg but only in the context of him being former Packer Anthony Dilweg's grandfather or something like that...and that he was in the Packers Hall of Fame.

I'm REALLY angry that Buckets Goldenberg isn't in the Hall of Fame.

Latest posts