Last Word on Mike McCathy

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers didn't ditch their rushing game completely vs. the Lions either, running the ball six times in the second half. It should be pretty obvious to everyone that teams trailing by a huge margin are forced to primarily throw the ball though.

Okay, obviously, but that's not what you said. You said there isn't time to run the ball when you are down by 24.

BTW as I was solely looking for teams trailing by at least 24 at the halftime my facts were correct.

And for what logical reason would you exclude teams that came back from being down 24 at some point later in the 3rd quarter? That's even more impressive than coming from being down 24 at the end of the 2nd quarter. You didn't add the halftime qualifier until post #69. Was that to make it appear that 24 point comebacks haven't happened as much as they have? Sorry, but I'm going to count those among the many comebacks from 24 points down that I've witnessed in the last 40 years. Not sure why you wouldn't count them.

What you're basically saying is, sure, the Colts beat the Chiefs after being down by 28 points, but that didn't happen until 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter, so that doesn't count as far as seeing a team come back from being down by 24. It only counts if they were down by 24 at half time, since I arbitrarily added that qualifier after the fact.

Really? lol That would be dumb, and I don't think you're dumb. But you do appear to be more than a bit stubborn. What I think actually happened is that you forgot to take those games into account and maybe only searched by half-time score. But rather than admit to an honest mistake anyone could make, you're now for whatever reason disqualifying those games from consideration to avoid admitting a mistake. If I'm wrong, enlighten me to the logic behind why you don't count the other three games in the past 6 years when I said I have seen many comebacks from 24 or more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Okay, obviously, but that's not what you said. You said there isn't time to run the ball when you are down by 24.

Of course there's time to run the ball occasionally but it's unrealistic to have a balanced offense when trying to come back from 24 or more points.

And for what logical reason would you exclude teams that came back from being down 24 at some point later in the 3rd quarter? That's even more impressive than coming from being down 24 at the end of the 2nd quarter. You didn't add the halftime qualifier until post #69. Was that to make it appear that 24 point comebacks haven't happened as much as they have? Sorry, but I'm going to count those among the many comebacks from 24 points down that I've witnessed in the last 40 years. Not sure why you wouldn't count them.

What you're basically saying is, sure, the Colts beat the Chiefs after being down by 28 points, but that didn't happen until 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter, so that doesn't count as far as seeing a team come back from being down by 24. It only counts if they were down by 24 at half time, since I arbitrarily added that qualifier after the fact.

Really? lol That would be dumb, and I don't think you're dumb. But you do appear to be more than a bit stubborn. What I think actually happened is that you forgot to take those games into account and maybe only searched by half-time score. But rather than admit to an honest mistake anyone could make, you're now for whatever reason disqualifying those games from consideration to avoid admitting a mistake. If I'm wrong, enlighten me to the logic behind why you don't count the other three games in the past 6 years when I said I have seen many comebacks from 24 or more.

I'm not excluding the examples you gave but was just clarifying that I solely searched for teams that won after being down by at least 24 points at halftime.

Good find on your part that there were three other occasions in which teams were able to come back falling behind by such a margin in the third quarter as well.

The conclusion remains the same that teams being down by more than three scores have to predominantly rely on the passing game to have a chance at winning.

Members online