Last minute free agent?

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Demarco Murray retired in July ;)

Hankins is a bit of a surprise that he is still available at the age of 26. Guessing he is asking for too much money. He plays well in a 3-4, but think the Packers are pretty set at DT, at least for the kind of money he is probably seeking. Not to mention, a big guy like that, what kind of shape is he in?

Hali seems to be content out of football and is considering retiring.

Houston is an interesting one. While he is now on the wrong side of 30, he appeared in the last five games of the season and recorded four sacks during his second stint with the Bears.
Hankins could be swayed with a great chance at a ring, and a prove it deal...
I don't think 5 dlinemen is set at all. That's right out of the capers handbook. Did we take a huge step up in talent? Heck yea! Clark breaking out and the addition of big mo wilkerson. Adams apparently coming back strong. We are definitely filling the roster with the right guys. But as usual, we are one injury away from the big boys being gassed by half time....
You need a quality rotation for those big boys if you want them to be effective.
Hankins would be like the giants drafting Jason pierce Paul after already having the best d line in the league. Stack it up and the the big dogs form a pack.....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
since choking at the free-throw line on mack any bottom of the roster addition isn't going to make any difference.

If Gute was in the conversation for Mack, I wouldn't call it "choking". The Bears being a perceived weaker team had way more value than the Packers with what they offered up for Mack in draft picks. Just using The Draft Value Trade Chart from this years draft positions the Bears gave up 2800 value points in their two #1 picks, while the Packers would have been giving up 1780 points. That 1020 point difference equals the value of the 16th pick in the draft. So basically if you go by what is predicted to happen, the Raiders got some pretty decent value from the Bears, more than the Packers would have had with their two first round picks.

I expect both the Packers and possibly the Saints to be much better teams in 2018 and that number would be even a lot less. The Bears....still rebuilding.

It clearly would have taken more than the Packers two first rounders to land Mack and then pay him the kind of money the Bears are paying him, so I would say that Gute was breathing pure oxygen and breathing and seeing very clearly.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

If Gute was in the conversation for Mack, I wouldn't call it "choking".
I doubt it ever got past the initial phase of the "what do want" question, followed by *cough*, *choke*. So there may have been some "choking" going on.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
since choking at the free-throw line on mack any bottom of the roster addition isn't going to make any difference.

This is kind of a B.S. take without knowing what the Packers actually offered.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this morning that the Bears were the only team to offer 2 first rounders. Out of about half a dozen other offers the Jets had the next best with a 1st and 3rd. I never had much confidence that we could compete even offering both 1st rounders as both will almost certainly be in the twenties.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Read this morning that the Bears were the only team to offer 2 first rounders. Out of about half a dozen other offers the Jets had the next best with a 1st and 3rd. I never had much confidence that we could compete even offering both 1st rounders as both will almost certainly be in the twenties.

The Saints are going to implode and land the Packers a pick in the top 5. Because I want it to happen.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Saints are going to implode and land the Packers a pick in the top 5. Because I want it to happen.
You must have read my "Fantasy Times" Headline.... "Brees, Kamara and Lattimore all decide to sit out the 2018 season in a show of solidarity against Global Climate Change."

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You must have read my "Fantasy Times" Headline.... "Brees, Kamara and Lattimore all decide to sit out the 2018 season in a show of solidarity against Global Climate Change."

I need to somehow create a version of reality where the Saints go 0-16 and Kamara still has a stellar year for my fantasy team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I need to somehow create a version of reality where the Saints go 0-16 and Kamara still has a stellar year for my fantasy team.
Brees decides to retire before the season starts and Teddy B is so rusty and pathetic that Taysom Hill takes over the team. The passing game is horrendous, Kamara gets the ball 40 times a game and pads his stats, but the Saints can't find a way to win a game, despite having a 200+ yds/game back who scores 30 TD's.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Brees decides to retire before the season starts and Teddy B is so rusty and pathetic that Taysom Hill takes over the team. The passing game is horrendous, Kamara gets the ball 40 times a game and pads his stats, but the Saints can't find a way to win a game, despite having a 200+ yds/game back who scores 30 TD's.
I didn't know whether to give a funny, or a creative. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't know whether to give a funny, or a creative. :D
Maybe a smidgen of optimistic too :D Hopefully, by the end of the season, for Dantes sake, you will rate it with a "winner" and "informative". :whistling:

Cover your ears Dantes....I'm fine with Kamara having a bad season. ;)

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Viewing the final roster, I would grade it a B. I feel confident at post positions, but OLB depth is an obviously quite alarming. At least we know we have two first rounders next year that could potentially be traded into the top 5 (if the opportunity arises and neither of the first round selections are already there), to get the best OLB in next years draft or take an egde and an olinemen with how the picks fall? Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, or Josh Allen would all be great options.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please no! Cobb has looked terrible coming from the backfield the last 4 years. He had a 1.9 average per rush last year and 3.3, 3.8 and 3.4 the previous 3. I think you are remembering back to 2013 and 2012 when he actually made something happen when he lined up in the backfield. Teams sniffed it out and schemed for it, as well as I think he has lost a step.

I would almost rather Adrian Peterson than have Cobb coming out of the backfield.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Demarco Murray retired in July ;)

Hankins is a bit of a surprise that he is still available at the age of 26. Guessing he is asking for too much money. He plays well in a 3-4, but think the Packers are pretty set at DT, at least for the kind of money he is probably seeking. Not to mention, a big guy like that, what kind of shape is he in?

Hali seems to be content out of football and is considering retiring.

Houston is an interesting one. While he is now on the wrong side of 30, he appeared in the last five games of the season and recorded four sacks during his second stint with the Bears.

So did Brett Favre, and in March, and once in April twice in June and once again in August I believe.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wish I would have read it before I drafted my fantasy teams. I have Kamara in 1, Brees in 2 and the Saints D in one.

Of course what better way to ensure that NFL players suck than to draft them on my fantasy team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could believe it all except the Taysom Hill part. You do know that he is awesome right? Or haven't you been reading this forum?

Love the Kamara scenario but I need better news about Brees.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I could believe it all except the Taysom Hill part. You do know that he is awesome right? Or haven't you been reading this forum?

Love the Kamara scenario but I need better news about Brees.

Any of you wieners who are trying to put good vibes on any Saints players, just to win a FFL......I'm taking you off my X-Mas list! jeeeeshhhh priorities guys!

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ended up with lynch, Peterson,Alfred Morris on my fantasy depth chart... Lol! along with cj anderson...

C mccafery, l miller, ajayi 123

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any of you wieners who are trying to put good vibes on any Saints players, just to win a FFL......I'm taking you off my X-Mas list! jeeeeshhhh priorities guys!

I don't want them to win I just want their players to play well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ended up with lynch, Peterson,Alfred Morris on my fantasy depth chart... Lol! along with cj anderson...

I'm in 5 leagues so far and I have Lynch in 4 of them. In 2 of them he is my #2 starter. I also have Morris in 2 of them as a backup. Couldn't bring myself to draft AP though.

Members online

Latest posts