Lane Taylor out for season

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
H

HardRightEdge

Wait 'til AFTER he signs the long term contract to play RT or LG before you put him at LT. Save a few schmolies.
My point is that if Bakhtiari isn't re-upped, an evident possibility, there's nobody better for protecting the blind side on this roster. It could be next year's first round rookie, I suppose, or that could be a cornerback or who knows what by the time this year wraps up.

H

HardRightEdge

Anyone know how Wagner graded out at RT against Minnesota?
PFF game him a 79.8 grade for his 46 snaps for whatever worth you find in that. You know what they say about O-Linemen, at least with respect to pass blocking and penalties: if you don't hear their name called it's a good thing. I think Wagner qualifies for this one game on that score.

Grades will be affected by the level of competition. I can't say I was impressed at all with Minnesota's front. I'd say more input is needed to say if he's an answer, or how this line performs in general, for the 2020 long haul.

Anyway, here Sunday's offensive snap counts and PFF's O-Line grades:

Bakhtiari, 78 snaps, 87.4
Jenkins, 78 snaps, 70.2
Linsley, 78 snaps, 84.0
Taylor, 63 snaps, 77.3
Wagner, 46 snaps, 79.8
Patrick, 32 snaps, 66.1
Runyan, 15 snaps, 73.1

Season-long overall PFF grades are easy to find for free if you google a guys name followed by "PFF grade". More detail, like run vs. pass grades, requires paying PFF, something I'm not inclined to do.

Rodgers' average time to throw according NFL.com's Next Gen stats was 2.59 seconds compared with last season's 2.88, a marked improvement but not a particularly quick throw performance. My eye test says the difference from last year is the infrequency with which Rodgers found the need to slip, slide or extend in last week's game, and he didn't even find the need to run for it even once, not counting his sneak of course. That's probably a function of year 2 in the scheme, with improved route execution, and perhaps a sub-standard opposing pass rush. Whether TEs and RBs were kept in to pass block with more frequency than last year I couldn't say.

Anyway, one can't be other than happy with the performance of the O-Line in the aggregate, whether you believe PFF's grades or not, particularly given the line shuffles going into and then during the game. The question remains as to how well they perform against a stronger opponent, expecially when we get past the Week 3-4 period as squads gel.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Wait 'til AFTER he signs the long term contract to play RT or LG before you put him at LT. Save a few schmolies.

Well, the Packers can't extend Jenkins until after the 2021 season. Therefore they need to make a decision on Bakhtiari before that.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the Packers can't extend Jenkins until after the 2021 season. Therefore they need to make a decision on Bakhtiari before that.
The front office has been working on getting Bakhtiari extended. That was stated when news of the Clark extension broke.

edit: Of course that doesn’t mean that extension talks will be successful.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The front office has been working on getting Bakhtiari extended. That was stated when news of the Clark extension broke.

I definitely want the Packers to re-sign Bakhtiari as long as his back holds up. After he had some issues with it last season I would prefer them to wait until there's evidence it's not a chronic problem to get it done though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How did the O-Line grade out yesterday? I suspect Linsely’s grades look good. I’m glad we have him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did the O-Line grade out yesterday? I suspect Linsely’s grades look good. I’m glad we have him.
He got hurt in the 3rd?? quarter. On the long TD run by Jones, he had no one to block and so went up field and made a very good 2nd level block that freed Jones. I am giving our young OL coach some kudos. Hopefully he is going to be a very good coach.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He got hurt in the 3rd?? quarter. On the long TD run by Jones, he had no one to block and so went up field and made a very good 2nd level block that freed Jones. I am giving our young OL coach some kudos. Hopefully he is going to be a very good coach.
Agree about the coaching. They’ve done an excellent job so far moving guys around and Runyon and Nyjman getting playing time can only help. We’ve been in this position before, think it was about 5-6 years ago. Competent OL depth is very important and they’ve certainly passed the test.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He got hurt in the 3rd?? quarter. On the long TD run by Jones, he had no one to block and so went up field and made a very good 2nd level block that freed Jones.

Linsley sprained his thumb on his snapping hand but according to Tom Pelissero should be OK moving forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts