Lane Taylor out for season

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Tom Pelissero he has suffered a season ending knee injury that requires surgery.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sucks, feel bad for him, hasn’t this guy had 3 major injuries 3 years in a row?
He's a guy that worked so hard to get to where he was, then got there and it just keeps getting kicked out from under him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect that this will be the end for Taylor in GB, unless he comes back next season on a veteran minimum wage deal to be a backup. He's a good player and great guy, but unless he wants to be a backup he just can't stay healthy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow does that suck. Taylor worked his *** off, took a pay cut, and made his way into the starting o line all to have his season end in week one. Feel bad for him but it may be an opportunity for somebody else to show their worth.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins at RG? Wagner seems not fully fit too.

We'll probbaly go:

Bakth - Runyan - Linsley - Jenkins - Patrick

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Jon Runyan Sr teach Jon Runyan Jr to play right tackle?...

What I'll most remember about Lane Taylor is he played his best football when it was most needed in the playoff run in 2016. That line was great during that run and he filled in for Sitton (a controversial move at that time) greatly that year playing every game. Best of luck.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

That sucks, feel bad for him, hasn’t this guy had 3 major injuries 3 years in a row?

Taylor played in 15 games in 2018 but suffered a season ending biceps injury in week 3 of last season.

I highly doubt Patrick will end up starting at right tackle.

Wagner got hurt too? Didn’t hear that.

Read he had a cast on his arm.

According to reports out of camp Wagner had been wearing a cast on his elbow after returning to practice. I haven't heard anything about him reaggravating the injury against the Vikings.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins at RG? Wagner seems not fully fit too.

We'll probbaly go:

Jenkins' normal spot is LG, not RG. And Patrick started at LG against the Vikings.

If those are the best 5 on Sunday, I'd bet on Runyan at RG (where he played), Jenkins at RT (where he started), and Patrick at LG.

If Jenkins isn't needed at RT, he'll most likely go home to LG.

RG is typically where you can hide your weakest player, which is one more reason to puke the late round rookie there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins' normal spot is LG, not RG. And Patrick started at LG against the Vikings.

If those are the best 5 on Sunday, I'd bet on Runyan at RG (where he played), Jenkins at RT (where he started), and Patrick at LG.

RG is typically where you can hide your weakest player, which is one more reason to puke the late round rookie there.
That's harsh, he was better than puke :)

H

HardRightEdge

RG is typically where you can hide your weakest player, which is oine more reason to puke the late round rookie there.
It's a guessing game but I would expect B. - Jenkins - L. - Turner - Wagner assuming Turner is ready to go.

If Jenkins bumps a healthy Turner or Wagner out of RT then I'd expect him there indefinitely.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel really bad for the guy after going through rehab last year and now after one game he is back to surgery and rehab for another year. Brutal is right.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a guessing game but I would expect B. - Jenkins - L. - Turner - Wagner assuming Turner is ready to go.

If Jenkins bumps a healthy Turner or Wagner out of RT then I'd expect him there indefinitely.

I generally agree. Key word being healthy. If Patrick is healthier than Wagner, Patrick at LG, Jenkins at RT isn't necessarily a long term thing.

Of course if Jenkins really is that good, perhaps it is worth leaving him at RT long term. TBD.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jenkins ends up performing at Tackle like he did at guard relative to the position he stays there for the next 10 years and i don't worry about it again.